“Good Value, Close to Attractions.”

Red Roof Inn Sioux Falls
Ranked #30 of 54 Hotels in Sioux Falls
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed June 16, 2010

As a business traveler, I stay in many hotels per year. When seeking a hotel I look for good values, clean rooms and a hotel that is close to food and beverage. The red Roof in Sioux Falls, SD fills my needs very well. I would recommend it.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business

Reviewed June 2, 2010

Got a good rate on the hotel and decided to crash in Sioux Falls for the evening. Checked in late at around 11:30 PM, didn't have any problems. The room was clean, with the bare essentials. Was worth the $65 spent.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 27, 2010

This hotel was a quick stop on the way back from vacation with my family recently. Rooms were average, nothing to brag about but we just needed a place to sleep. Overall not bad

Reviewed December 9, 2009

I really didn't want to spend a lot on a Hotel for this quick trip so I did some research on the Internet. This Red Roof had fairly good reviews and I also found a coupon so I went ahead and booked it.
The room was very clean, even the tub and that's almost impossible to find in a Hotel. However, there were only 2 towels, 2 wash clothes, and 2 hand towels. Now I don't mind re-using my bath towel but I really think a few more wash clothes and hand towels are in order.
This Hotel is a Smoking/Non-smoking establishment and you really smell it, even in my non-smoking room but it did seem as if there might be an attempt at an automatic air freshener though I never did locate it.
The toilet paper was UBER thin. Perhaps no one told them they could save a little money by going with a better brand of toilet paper? You use half as much of the good stuff than what you have to use of the cheap stuff. Just sayin'....
You may also want to skip the "breakfast". It consists of teeny, tiny muffins and day (or days, from the taste) old donuts. Not sure why they even bother.
Overall, I would recommend this Hotel if you're just looking for a clean place to land for a day or two. If you're looking for luxury, this is not the place for you.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled solo
1  Thank dakotakelly
Reviewed October 7, 2009

Kids were running up and down the hallway at 12 at night, Basketball dribbling was going on in hallway, told the staff but nothing was done.. Alright rooms for the price. didn't stay long so didn't expect much

• Stayed: May 2006, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 6, 2009

I got much more than I dared to expect, given the reasonable price. I asked for a quiet room, and I got one. (It's not a particularly noisy part of town anyway, but still ...) Everything was clean and comfortable, and things that needed to "work" did so. We were in a nonsmoking room, and in fact, that whole wing was nonsmoking -- which is as it should be. Staff were friendly enough, if a bit reserved (not stiff, just reserved in that Midwestern "we don't nose into your business" way). I don't see much that needs to be improved here, given what we were looking for: economy, clean, comfortable, quiet. (If I'd been traveling with laptop, I might have wanted an internet connection -- not sure they offer that, but worth checking.) Anyway, it was great. A real winner.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed July 25, 2009

This hotel was great. To start with we got a discount from a travel coupon book we picked up at a rest stop. After driving all day having a restruant within walking distance was good. Also a casino and movie theatre within a few steps. Staff was very friendly and rooms were clean and very comfortable.

• Stayed: July 2009