“Another satisfactory stay” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Rochester, Minnesota
“Another satisfactory stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

We've stayed at this hotel a number of times always receiving great service. The room/bed clean and comfortable. The staff friendly. The modest breakfast is a great start for the day. A very conveniently located hotel close to shopping, restaurants and easy access to interesting places to visit. A warm reception on cold December SD night. We'll stay here again. The price is right for a good night sleep.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Dkamjfish
Stacy P, Manager at Red Roof Inn Sioux Falls, responded to this review, February 20, 2014
Dear Dkamjfish,

Thank you for your review. We appreciate you staying with us and I have shared your comments with the rest of the staff. The next time you stay we have upgraded our breaksfast to include biscuits and gravy, and waffles. We hope to see you soon!

Stacy Patridge,
Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

I stayed here for 2 nights for business. My employer paid for and selected the motel largely based on price and location.

During my stay I found the hotel to be very clean and well-maintained. All staff members that I encountered were friendly and accommodating, including letting me check in at about 10:15AM so that my luggage wouldn't have to freeze in the car during my meetings.

Despite the clean facility and kind staff, I did not feel safe in this motel. I initially checked into room 140, and noticed immediately that the exterior door closest to my room should have been protected by key-card-swipe-enabled entry only, and wasn't. I thought maybe it was just disabled during the day while housekeeping serviced the rooms, but this remained the case when I returned to the motel after dinner. I also felt concerned because the security lock for the door to room 140 was completely worthless. The point of it is to only allow the door to open a couple of inches and then hold securely, but on this door the lock did not hold at all and even when engaged, it would simply come loose and allow the door to open all the way.

I parked my car so that it would be viewable from the room's window, so I could look in the morning to know if I would need to scrape the windows. When I did this, I noticed footprints in the snow outside my room's window, and that there were no other footprints near any other windows on the first floor along this side of the building. These three factors (the footprints, unsecure exterior door, and unsecure room door) lead me to the front desk to report my concerns.

The clerk on duty wrote up maintenance tickets for the 2 door issues, and relocated me to room 220. She apologized for the issues and we both acknowledged that the footprints could have been due to a maintenance employee working on frozen pipes, but it was still creepy.

Room 220 was just as clean and well maintained as room 140, but the mattress needs to be replaced. It is completely sunken in the middle which made it very difficult to sleep on - I basically had to stick to the edge and cling to the side so that I would not roll into the saggy middle.

The walls are not particularly thick. I could hear when people walked by, when cars passed outside, and when nearby rooms' plumbing was engaged, however the hotel was not that busy during my stay so the noises of others did not create a huge disturbance for me.

As other reviewers have noted the wi-fi is free and works very well, and the motel does offer complimentary breakfast (just very basic offerings). In the afternoon I also noted that cookies were served in the breakfast area. There is a small fitness center in a former room featuring just a treadmill, stationary bike, and stair-stepper. There are plenty of restaurants in close proximity to the facility (and plenty of other hotels too). All of the staff members were very friendly, even the housekeeping staff would say hello and greet guests, and the front desk clerk could be seen actively assisting in cleaning the breakfast and entry areas to keep the hotel nice. If the security of the doors had been better, and the mattress in less sunken condition, I would have had a much more positive review to write.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
Stacy P, Manager at Red Roof Inn Sioux Falls, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
Dear polkadots_eve,

I am truly sorry that your stay was not completely comfortable for you. We are aware of the south entry door lock. We have ordered the locking mechanisms and replaced it twice and with no luck we are still working on a permanent fix for the door. I can have however assure you that we routinely do hall and parking lot walks to ensure the safety of all our guest and we have video surveillance set up at all entrances. As for the bed in room 220 the box spring was broke but has been replaced thanks to you bringing this situation to our attention.
Thank you for the wonderful comments about our staff and the cleanliness of the hotel. Again please accept my sincerest apologizes for the door issues. I hope that you will give us another chance in the future to prove we take all guests concern seriously and that the issue you have stated will be corrected.

Winnipeg, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

We stayed one nite, and with a Hotelcoupons.com discount the price was very reasonable. The service was friendly and courteous, and helpful with directions to Empire mall/restaurants etc. The rooms were clean, the beds were comfortable, and the free WiFi worked flawlessly. Located just off I 29 made it a convenient stop for us. Lots of restaurants and shopping close by. I would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Garry H,

We are very happy that you took time to write a review about your visit to our property. Thank you for the wonderful comments about the clean room, comfortable beds, and friendly staff. Those coupons have really helped give our guest the rate the need to the best service. Thank you and we look forward to seeing again very soon.

Townsville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

We arrived at the Red Roof Inn at Sioux Falls on a very hot day. It was great to have a speedy check-in and to retire to a lovely cool room. We were given great directions on how to find the Sioux Falls and where to dine that night. Our room was clean and comfortable. We used the free wi fi to send emails and enjoyed a nice complimentary continental breakfast the next morning. The room rates were very reasonable and I would definitely recommend this hotel to tired travellers.

Room Tip: Ask for a lower floor room close to the car park.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Nan S,

Thank you for the wonderful review about your visit with us. We are very pleased to see we left such an amazing impression on you and your family. Please come see us again very soon.

Omaha, Nebraska
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013

Not bright and cheery, but ok place for a night. Bed was comfortable and linens clean. Can't beat the price. Located right off I29; easy access. Red Roof is close to a large shopping mall and other necessities. Perkins restaurant is located within walking distance. Stayed on second floor; long, dark hallways. Breakfast very basic, but good. Hard boiled eggs are apparently a popular item.

Room Tip: Stair access to second level; stay on 1st floor if you don't want to hike the stairs.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank fraudsnoop
Dear fraudsnoop,

Thank you for writing a review letting other guests know how your visit was. I am sorry that you thought our halls were not bright enough. However I am very pleased that you were comfortable in your nice clean room and comfortable bed. As for breakfast your correct the hard boiled eggs are in great demand, I wonder how they will stand up to the waffles and biscuits and gravy we are adding to the menu? Please come back and see us again soon.

Mananager
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2013

We often stay at Red Roof Inns as we appreciate their pet friendly policy. We had never stayed at this location before, and were a bit taken back by the rather blah, dated exterior of the hotel. It appears to have started out as something other than a Red Roof Inn. However, the front desk staff were absolutely top notch at both arrival and checkout. By far they were the most friendly and helpful staff and a joy to do business with. The inside of the property did not match the outside at all, it was obviously very recently beautifully updated. The hallways had a pleasant, clean smell along with muted elegant lighting and new carpeting. The room was top to bottom brand new and beautifully updated. By far the cleanest chain motel I have ever stayed in. Bed was very comfortable and shower was great. As we were packing to leave the next morning, we heard the maid supervisor going around checking the rooms to be sure the maids were doing a good job, which really impressed us! Really wish all motels cared enough to follow this practice! After being a little unsure at arrival because of the exterior, this place was really a pleasant surprise. I can't say enough about how nice and clean it was inside and about how much the staff seemed to care about making sure everyone had a great stay. Definitely a great value for the money.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Stacy P, Manager at Red Roof Inn Sioux Falls, responded to this review, December 12, 2013
Dear SouthwestTravelers,

Thank you so very much for the wonderful comments you shared with other guests looking for a friendly, and clean room. You are correct the inside was remodeled in May and we have a few more altercations to complete inside such as expanding our breakfast and adding a business center. We strive to treat every guest the was we expect to treated, with care and kindness. I am so happy that we exceeded your expectations and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Stacy P
Hannibal, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

The hotel staff was very friendly and knowledgeable. The lobby and hallways are a bit dated. Bed was comfortable, room was clean. Breakfast was definitely lacking, yogurt would have been nice. Mostly consisted of bagels, muffins and pastries. Overall, was sufficient for a road trip stop.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Dear TacHannKristine,

Thank you for sharing your experince with other travelers coming to the Sioux Falls area. I am sorry that we did not EXCEED your expectations. As for the breakfast we will be updating our menu in a couple of months with waffles, biscutts, and gravey. Please give us the oppertunity to surpass your experince the next time you come into Sioux Falls.

Stacy P