“Noisy morning”

Red Roof Inn Sioux Falls
Ranked #30 of 54 Hotels in Sioux Falls
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed August 30, 2013

The person at the front desk when we checked in was very friendly. Gave us extra towels and was happy to help. We loved the cookies and 24/7 coffee available. The room was a little tight, opening the bathroom door and room door could be a challenge. Comfortable beds, nice big flat screen tv with a decent remote with good sized buttons. We made use of the refrig and microwave in the room. Our problems began with a message flashing light on the phone at 3:00am. The light woke me and my talking woke up my traveling companions. We had no messages according to the front desk, a malfunction of the phone. My poor husband could not go back to sleep. Although I did, around 7:30 a LOUD sound was coming through the walls and throughout the halls. When we told the front desk, Chris, the assistant manager was very short with us...he said others had reported it (how could anyone NOT?). Maintenance was looking into it. I think that just left a bad taste in our mouth after a pleasant stay.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Stacy P, Manager at Red Roof Inn Sioux Falls, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2013

Dear TexasQueen11,

I am very sorry that you and your companions sleep was interrupted by the message light. I can assure you that we have had that situation resolved along with the issue with the pipes that you referred to in the morning. I guarantee these occurrences are not standard for us. Thank you for taking the time to tell other travelers about your experience and please come see us again. Thank you.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

I will always be a return guest at the Red Roof Inn in Sioux Falls. The moment you walk into the lobby you are greeted with the most gracious "happy to see you" hello. I have met the very hands on manager, Stacy, and it's obvious her staff has learned a great deal about hospitality through her lead. Not only do they have the most accommodating staff, but the cleanliness can not be beat! Another thing that really impressed me --- they are all about recycling and that speaks volumes about the kind of property they truly are! I would recommend this property and it is worth driving out of the way for this stay!! I must not forget to mention they have the best coffee (yes! --- it looks and taste like coffee) and they serve it up fresh 24-7!!! I sleep like a baby when I stay there and that along with everything else makes this a five star hotel to me!!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Shari C
Stacy P, Manager at Red Roof Inn Sioux Falls, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

Dear Shari C,

Thank you for being a return guest. We truly enjoy you coming to visit with us. We get our coffee from Larue Coffee out of Nebraska. We agree it is very good. We have shared you comments the rest of the staff. We all look forward to your return.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

I checked into the Sioux Falls Red Roof on Friday. Chris greeted me at the desk and even though I wanted my room early. Chris greeted explained that they were full the night before and that he would need to check with housekeeping to check. Margie and Aziza worked delingently to accommodate my early check in needs. Over my weekend stay Jacque serviced my room with a can do attitude and a helful smile. Even the breakfast host Megan was excited to see me and other guests for breakfast. I would have to say that this staff really cares for their guests, and truly enjoy their job. Thank you, I will definitely stay again and highly recommend to all my family and friends.

• Stayed: August 2013

Dear jishuadlindgren,

Thank you for taking notice of our staff. We don't always here the nice things, but you are correct we do take great pride in making our guests feel welcomed here. Thank you again and we hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed August 25, 2013

This is a clean hotel and a relatively new building. The rooms are clean and the beds comfortable. There were 2 staff working the desk so there was no waiting. Very nice location and plenty of restaurants to choose from. The only reason I did not give it a 5 rating is that it seemed kind of noisy. I could hear the TV very clearly in the next room. Not sure if they have thin walls or the person was deaf. That is why I travel with my white noise machine!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo

Dear kimjady,

I am sorry you had troubles with the noise, we would have been happy to assist you in resolving the noise situation. We are happy to see that you still enjoyed your stay and our location. You are correct we are newly remodeled and the staff does a wonderful job checking guests in the most efficient manor. We hope you come see us again soon.

Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

Very nice and quiet hotel. Price is reasonable. It was also in a nice location and very easy to find. We were expecting a fridge in the room. There also isn't a pool. There was hardly any parking in the evening. Breakfast was pretty simple. Overall we had a nice stay.

• Stayed: August 2013

Dear Katie A,

We are very happy that you had a good stay. We agree that we are conveniently located in the heart of Sioux Falls. We do have rooms with fridges and microwaves upon request for an up charge of 4.00 over the standard price. I have shared your comments with the staff and the owners, thank you again for your review.

Reviewed August 22, 2013

This was a very clean property located near I29 with restaurants, a movie theater (under renovation, and a mall all close by. The rooms were in good condition and the staff was very helpful. Breeakfast was filling but not special. No hot items like waffles, meats or eggs. Fitness center required access key card from the front desk which meant the equipment was in good condition. Definitely a good value for the price. Would stay there again.

Room Tip: One side of the complex faces I29. I would avoid those rooms if you are a light sleeper.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Dear David Vincent M,

Thank you for writing a review about your visit with us. I have shared your comments with the staff. I am glad you enjoyed the exercise room. Our location is very convenient to guests that want a good look as what Sioux Falls has to offer. I am sorry to say that the movie theater is not under remodel but closed down. Please come see us again soon.

Reviewed August 15, 2013

Stay at the RRI SF for the rodeo I stayed in the one and only suite the lady who I think was the GM checked me in she was nice and friendly I went to my room and man I was nicely surprised the suite was huge and the bathroom was a very nice size and there was even a kitchen. The sofa and chair was comfy it had a flat screen in the front room and bedroom and the Wi-Fi was at full strength the hole time. Ok here is why I did not give this hotel an excellent review for a suite it had no glass where sliver where and bowel's or cups or pots or pans if you have a kitchen you would think you would offer those things. I filled out a customer survey and the GM emailed me back and told me they can not offer those things for the suite because they don't have any way to sanitize those things. Don't take me wrong I loved the room and I know its just one thing but I felt just a tad ripped off I would have liked to cook something instead of going out in the pouring rain to eat.

Room Tip: If you can get the suite you will like the extra room
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Stacy P, Manager at Red Roof Inn Sioux Falls, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2013

Dear Jeff J,

We are so happy that you enjoyed the dakota suite so much. It was remodeled in May and we have many guests tell us how much they love the space. Thank you for not onlying posting a review but also posting pictures of the room. We hope to see you again very soon.