“Nice place, but don't bite on the Pizza Propaganda; it's terrible”

Red Roof Inn Sioux Falls
Ranked #29 of 53 Hotels in Sioux Falls
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed August 7, 2013

Had a nice stay at this property while visiting the Sioux Falls Jazz Festival for the 1st and LAST time. The rooms are clean, modern and well cared for. The maids were friendly, the Front desk staff (all but one blond girl; we checked in a couple hours before the Festival started) were friendly and helpful, but this Pizza place they put ads in the room for....I forget the name but I think "boss" was in it. I talked to a couple of the maids the next morning after check in and asked them who's making the best pizza and they cheerfully said the name of the pizza place in the ads placed in the room. They also mentioned how incredible the chicken was. So we ordered it, and the Pizza was SOOO mediocre; I don't think it's unfair at all to compare it to Little Caesars, which I consider the worst of all the chain pizza places. The chicken, however, was THE WORST fried chicken I ever had. Dried right out, greasy and tasteless....at 4pm? Really? There has to be some link between the hotel and this chain. DO NOT ORDER from there!! Anyway, like I said, the rooms are better than average, and the service just fine outside of flogging the lousy pizza place and the weird tendency of the hotel management responding to every Trip Advisor review, good or bad. The festival? Well, it was free. But not smoke free, so we won't be coming back.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Stacy P, Manager at Red Roof Inn Sioux Falls, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2013

Dear Rink64,

We are happy to see that your stay and your room were satisfactory. We would like to say that we are not in partnership with Boss' Pizza we just like to promote local business. As for the response to every review on trip advisor good, or bad, we like to let the guests know that we are listening and that we care what all travelers have to say. We are sorry that the festival was not the biggest hit of your trip. We hope to see you again soon. Thank you for telling others about your experience here in Sioux Falls.

There are newer reviews for Red Roof Inn Sioux Falls

Reviewed August 6, 2013

I would definitely stay there again. Pleasant atmosphere and clean everywhere. We were returning from a trip in Portland. The front desk clerks were friendly and helpful. Met all my expectations. I was stop at a Red Roof Inn the next time I need a hotel room.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Denise S
Stacy P, Manager at Red Roof Inn Sioux Falls, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2013

Dear Denise S,

We strive to make every guest feel as welcome as we made you feel. We are happy to see that we made the trip from Portland an enjoyable one. We have shared you comments with the housekeeping staff and the front desk staff. Thank you for sharing your thoughts with other travelers. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

We always stay at the Red Roof Inn!! The team is great and the rooms are really nice and they just updated stuff for better your needs. We love the Red Roof Inn in Sioux Falls and will continue to stay here!!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Dear Paula K,

Thank you for writing a review and allowing others to see just what you think of the Red Roof Inn SIoux Falls. We truely enjoy seeing you and your family. It has been four years since you started coming and staying with us and we feel like we have watched your family grow just like you have watched our property change for the better. Thank you again and we will see you again soon.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

In town visiting friends. Have used Red Roof before and have not been disappointed. The two at the desk when I checked in were very polite. The room had nothing wrong with it. While the place was booked solid (glad I had a reservation) the noise level was acceptable for an evening and quiet overnight.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo

Dear Cjbeun,

We would love to welcome you and your family back again when you come to Sioux Falls to visit. Thank you for sharing your experience with other travelers to see. We have shared you comments with our staff, and we are happy to know that even with a full house that things were quiet for you. Thank you again and can't wait to see you again.

Reviewed July 31, 2013

The front desk personnel was incredibly busy, tasked with keeping the front desk going plus the breakfast room operating smoothly. Still both of the women were pleasant and ready to help. I appreciated that! Now, how about those shower heads? C'mon, those went out in 1970. The water pressure was non-existent. Fix it!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Stacy P, Manager at Red Roof Inn Sioux Falls, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2013

Dear leslie d,

Thank you for the comments in regards to how well the front desk staff were able to multi-task and keep a smile on thier faces for the guests. You are correct the shower heads have got to go, and that is why we just finished replacing them this week. Thank you again for your comments and we hope that you will come back soon to try the new showers.

Reviewed July 31, 2013

I booked a non-smoking queen bed room using "hotelsONE" but this Red Roof Inn gave us a smoking room with a standard size bed. Our room was at the very farthest end of the building where the WiFi signal was not working. I could log on to the hotel's WiFi but could NOT get on the internet from there. In the hotel lobby the WiFi and Internet access system worked just fine.

Another problem with this room (number 145) - it was 6 feet shorter than all the other rooms in that wing of the hotel. This was to make room for the staircase leading to the second floor. The staircase ended right in front of our door so people were clomping up and down all night long and going in and out the exit door to the outside that also was right next to our room door. Other room doors in the area were slamming all night long because of the very powerful springs that keep the room doors closed.

Room Tip: The rooms at the far end of the first floor do not have non-smoking signs on the doors. Although our...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank biggestfoot

Dear biggestfoot,

I am sorry if you felt that we did not honor your non-smoking room request. I can assure that room 145 is a non-smoking room. Yes it is next to the back door and the back stairs. If this caused you a problem we would of been happy to move you to a different room. Again I am truely sorry for any inconvience this may have caused you and your family. I hope you will give us the oppertunity to better serve you the next you come to the Red Roof Inn.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

I needed a place to stay in Sioux Falls, SD, and went online to find a hotel. When I saw what the Red Roof Inn was charging ($67.00 for a Monday night), I called them to make a reservation. When I got to my room, it was great! Nice, clean, and pretty quiet (Interstate 29 was about 150 feet away, so I really didn't hear the traffic). If I ever have to stay in Sioux Falls, SD, this is where I am going to stay.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo

Dear Lonnie G,

We are so happy the we enticed you with our low rates and then impressed you with our clean accomodations. Thank you for choosing the Red Roof Inn and we look forward to seeing you again very soon.