“Great value”

Red Roof Inn Sioux Falls
Ranked #28 of 54 Hotels in Sioux Falls
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed June 9, 2013

Just stayed at the Red Roof Inn in Sioux Falls for the first time this week. My room had new carpet and updated sink area and bedding. Was very clean and had no problems during my stay. Front desk help and manager was very friendly and helpful. Appreciated the continental breakfast--was very basic, not a lot of extras.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Lynne B
Stacy P, Manager at Red Roof Inn Sioux Falls, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2013

Dear Lynne B,

After reading your review I see we “WOW” you into becoming a Red Roof traveler. Thank you for sharing your experience with others. You are correct we have been newly remodeled, with new carpet, paint and much more. I have shared you review with the staff. Thank you for the pat on the back, we look forward to your next visit with us.

Reviewed June 9, 2013

A very good hotel for travelers looking for a good clean room. Our room had new flat screen TVs and was very clean. Staff was very accommating and check in and out was very fast. Breakfast consisted of rolls, bagels, juice, coffee, and several types of cold cereal. Nothing fancy but adequate. Hotel is close to the Mall, and the interstate. Overall nothing fancy, just a good, clean, reasonably priced place to stay

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Br0914,

Thank you for writing a review telling other travelers about your stay with us. We like to hear all feedback from our guest, and I see we hit the bulls’ eye with you. You are correct we are not a fancy hotel but that allows us to focus more on customer service and cleanliness for a great rate. We appreciate you sharing what we have to offer with other viewers. We hope to see you again the next time you come through Sioux Falls.

Stacy Patriddge

Reviewed June 6, 2013

Great rate for a Saturday night in Sioux Falls. Location is great, right next to the interstate and the Sioux Empire Mall. Front desk help was pleasant and knowledgeable. Breakfast was good for a family of 4 with kids, something for everybody and the breakfast room attendant was a really nice guy. Room was clean and comfortable and had all the amenities we needed. Hotel was surprisingly quiet for being so close to the interstate. Will look for Red Roof's now when we travel as this was our first stay in the chain.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Stacy P, Manager at Red Roof Inn Sioux Falls, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2013

Dear Joan T,

Thank you for spreading the word about how great your stay was at the Red Roof Inn Sioux Falls. I have shared your comments with the staff and I told Chris that you felt he was a great asset to our location. I am also very pleased that we have made you a Red Roof fan across the board. Thank you again and we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed June 1, 2013

Just stayed at Red Roof Inn in Sioux Falls again. They have remodeled some of the rooms. The colors are pleasant and modern. The rooms have refrigerator/ microwave, hair dryer etc. The room was very quiet. Made use of the exercise room. Breakfast items are tasty. Healthy items on menu such as fresh fruit , oatmeal and boiled eggs.They have the best cookies in town for later in the after noon early evening snacking. As usual the service is friendly and efficient. This Red Roof Inn is very convenient to the interstate, eating establishments such as Perkins and I-Hop, gas stations, and mall shopping. One bonus we have received from staying at RRI is that we earned two free nights in the Washington, DC area that we will use this summer. Thanks RRI!

Room Tip: We have stayed at RRI many times and all the rooms have been comfortable, clean, quiet etc.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Stacy P, Manager at Red Roof Inn Sioux Falls, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2013

Dear Joan H,

We share in your excitement over the newly remodeled rooms and property. I would like to explain that not all of our rooms have fridges and microwaves available in them. That amenity is available for an upgraded fee. We are happy to know that being a Redicard member has helped you earn enough points to go to Washinton D.C. As a loyal member of Redicard please check for specials and prize giveaways. We look forward to your next visit. Thank you for such a wonderful review.

Reviewed May 30, 2013

I am from Bismarck, ND and was traveling to Sioux Falls for job interviews. I was looking for a hotel that would be cost efficient, safe and a relatively good location. Red Roof had all of these! The cost was a great value for the amount of funds I had available for the trip, and you have to access the hotel by room key, which made me feel safer knowing not just anyone could get in. It is also in a great spot to easily access the interstate and downtown areas. It was very easy to find as well considering I am not the best with directions! The staff were very friendly and the room was clean and smoke free. Also, the continental breakfast the next morning was very convenient as I had to be on the road early. I highly recommend this hotel. I would have liked to take a swim and get in a hot tub, but I would give that up to have the service I did at the Red Roof. I am moving to the Sioux Fall area next month and plan to tell my relatives and friends to book a room there for all their future visits. Thank you for the great service!

Room Tip: I would reserve a room online beforehand, that way you can make sure you are getting a smoke free/sm...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Dear Amanda P,

I would first like to say welcome to Sioux Falls. I am very happy that we could start the new change to your life with such a warm welcome. Leaving you with a great first impression of our home. Thank you for such a wonderful review, you are correct our location is very convenient to many restaurants, and shopping. I have shared your comments with the staff and we look forward to meeting your family when they come to stay with us.

Reviewed May 25, 2013 via mobile

We made reservations a few weeks in advance. We would be in town over the weekend for our nieces graduation. We got a smoking room with two queen beds for our three kids and ourselves. It was easy checking in when we got there. The room was up to date with the bedding and other portions of the room. The room was clean and the ac worked wonderfully. My fiance is one who needs a really cool room and his needs were met well. The continental breakfast was good for getting our morning coffee and a bite to eat for the kids to hold them until we went for a regular family breakfast. Our room was clean and towels were well stocked when we returned our second evening. The staff was understanding on our check out day when we were behind schedule on checking out on time. The only down fall was there weren't many available plugs for our phones to charge and not having a mini fridge so we could put drinks for the kids in it. However I do know they are looking at ways of changing that and I look forward to future stays and changes.

• Stayed: May 2013
Stacy P, Manager at Red Roof Inn Sioux Falls, responded to this reviewResponded May 26, 2013

Dear roughnecksgirls,

Thank you for telling the world about your visit with us. I hope you had a good time at your niece’s graduation. You are correct we are in the process of adding new convenient outlets to all guest rooms in order to help keep our guests connected. I have shared your comments with the staff and we look forward to your next visit. Thank you again for choosing the Red Roof Inn.

Reviewed May 22, 2013

I am on the road during the construction season and have stayed at many hotels. I made reservations at red roof and had low expectations given it was pretty much the cheapest. when i checked in the staff was pleasant and courteous. they said the room I was getting had been recently renovated (every room was getting renovated), I was really supprised when i walked in to find everything was new and clean. i have stayed in 100 dollar a night rooms that were not nearly as nice. i had expected the worst and got one of the best hotel rooms in the midwest for a fantastic price!! i have stayed a total of 20 days so far and would reccomend it for anyone wanting a great room .

Room Tip: ask for a second story room if you want a really quiet stay.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Stacy P, Manager at Red Roof Inn Sioux Falls, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2013

Dear 49jamieb,

I am very pleased that we have exceeded your expectations. I have shared your comments with the rest of our staff just you have shared your excitement with the rest of the world.
Yes we have just been recently updated and I am so happy that we have been able to accommodate your lengthy stay. I know being away from home can be unpleasant, but I see we have made you feel at home. Thank you again for sharing your comments and I hope we continue to exceed your expectations.