“Okay place but still looking”

Red Roof Inn Sioux Falls
Ranked #30 of 52 Hotels in Sioux Falls
GreenLeadersBronze level
Blair, Nebraska
“Okay place but still looking”
Reviewed April 24, 2011

I'd like to find a hotel in Sioux Falls to use every time we visit, but the Red Roof isn't it. It's price is mid range so I didn't expect it to be as nice as other hotels where I've paid more. We don't need a place with a pool and coffee makers, so I really don't want to pay for those extras. However I want a hotel that's clean and comfy. The bed was okay; the pillows were made of hard foam. I found a lighter and bottle cap on the floor in plain sight which made me feel like the floors weren't cleaned. The bathroom had red ants running around the toilet and inside the bathtub. The hallways and our room had a strong odor of cigarettes. (we had a non smoking room) We got in late and the neighboring rooms were quiet, but I could hear interstate traffic that woke me up several times. If you're a light sleeper maybe a room on the north side, away from the interstate would be more quiet. The room is very small with a little safe on the floor. I found it odd that we were charged $1 for this luxury. The shower had good pressure. The water drain was slow, maybe due to all of the ants.

Room Tip: Get a room on the north side, away from interstate
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Midwest75
KyleJohnson, Owner at Red Roof Inn Sioux Falls, responded to this review, April 26, 2011
Thank you for posting your onlne comments to Tripadvisor. I am sorry that your stay didn't meet your expectations. If you read other reviews on Tripadvisor, I am sure you would see this would not be the norm at our property. I wish you would have brought this to my attention as I would not expect you to spend a night in a room such as you described and would have handled your concerns promptly. I have a team of employees who are dedicated and passionate about providing clean, comfortable rooms, and great guest service. If we failed in any aspect of making your stay enjoyable and relaxing we want to make it right, right away. I again wish to apologize if your stay was not as you had hoped as we would have loved to have been your lodging choice in our area. Thank you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
llinois
Reviewed April 9, 2011

This is my favorite place to stay while in Sioux Falls. Very simple/no pool....but it's been renovated over the past few yrs and is very nice. Friendly staff as well with reasonable rates.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo
KyleJohnson, Manager at Red Roof Inn Sioux Falls, responded to this review, April 22, 2011
There is nothing nicer to hear, then to hear you felt at home. We strive to give our guests the kind of customer service that makes them feel welcome and comfortable, just like home. We are grateful for your loyalty and continued business. Thank you for taking the time to share your travel experiences.
Rogers, Minnesota
Reviewed March 28, 2011

The Red Roof Inn is a great place to stay in Sioux Falls. I've stayed there dozens of times over the past many years. The rooms are very clean, there is great water pressure for showers, and the staff is very friendly. It's a great place stay.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
KyleJohnson, Manager at Red Roof Inn Sioux Falls, responded to this review, March 30, 2011
Thank you so much for the very nice review. I personally want to thank you for choosing Red Roof Inn. We strive to provide great guest service and we are excited to hear we provide you with a great stay. Thank you again for choosing Red Roof Sioux Falls and we hope to see you again real soon. Take care.

Al Lautwein
Manager
Tyndall, South Dakota
Reviewed March 18, 2011

If you are looking for a clean, budget frienly hotel with great service then you will not be disappointed. Stayed here on business and couldn't have been more pleased. Rooms were very clean, beds were comfortable and service was excellent. The room I was initially supposed to stay in had a problem with the key card access. After trying multiple keys, they finally moved me to a different room. The only room availble with a microwave and fridge was a suite which they provided at no additional charge. The breakfast is a little limited with only toast, muffins and donuts but adequate for something light. With the money that you save on the rate, you can put that towards a nice breakfast. Will definately stay here again.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Dear HuskerPa,

Thank you so much for the positive review. Your postive comments mean the world to us and we will continue to work hard to earn those favorable comments. We sincerely hope to see you again in the near future and until then, be safe.
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed March 17, 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Red Roof Inn, Souix Falls recently. When we originally booked for late January we had to cancel our reservations due to a change in our route - I called to cancel and the young man on the phone was VERY pleasant and said the he hoped we might stay on our way home . His attitude and friendly manner made us want to stay on our way home. We did and and I have to say that it was the best Pet Friendly Hotel we have ever stayed in. The staff was VERY courteous and helpful - the rooms were clean and comfortable and the breakfast was great.The only thing I would suggest is that maybe you have a 'poop bag' dispenser for your customers who have to walk their dogs. I always take my own but noticed that a few dog owners did not respect the "unspoken rules" of having a 4-legged travelling companion with them which I think is also VERY disrespectful to the hotel. We would DEFINATELY stay there again next time we go south.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking time to share your experience. I am excited to see you had a positive experience staying with us. It is always encouraging to hear that we met your lodging needs while in Sioux Falls. I also appreciate your suggestion and have conveyed this to our owners. We look forward to seeing you again when you pass thru Sioux Falls. Have safe travels and thank you.
London
Reviewed November 19, 2010

This hotel was clean and tidy. Everything you would expect for this type of hotel chain. It was cheaper than average. I have awarded it 5 stars due to the fact that I rather stupidly left my camera in the room before driving hundreds of miles into Minnesota. After a few calls with the hotel (I think it was Jason) my camera had been posted back to me at my next stop without any argument. It's when you have problems that you really see good customer service coming in to action. Thanks!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Minnesota
Reviewed October 4, 2010

Was in town for a job interview and found this hotel in a travel guide from a truck stop. It was a last minute decision to spend the night. With coupon from the travel guide, it was about 45 bucks for the night.
It is kind of off the side of a main road, you don't see it unless you've got directions to the place. Nothing special on the outside. Ample parking. Judging by the cars in the lot, there were only a few people staying here that night. Inside, it is very clean! I was expecting bad, because of the price, but wow! Very clean! Front desk staff was very nice and gladly answered questions I had about the area. Check-in was quick and painless.
The room itself was smaller, but again, very clean. Carpets looked to be newer.. wasn't afraid to walk barefoot on them. Soaps, towels, ice bucket and plastic cups were provided, but there was no fridge or microwave in the room. Would have been nice to have a little fridge, but not a deal-killer.
Room has ample lighting, high speed net, nice desk and chair, newer-looking dresser. My room was right next to the interstate and it was very quiet with the window closed.

Overall - Great value for the price! Very simple, very clean rooms. Will definitely stay here again if the chance arises.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
KyleJohnson, Owner at Red Roof Inn Sioux Falls, responded to this review, October 5, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to complete a Tripadvisor survey. We are happy to hear that you had a nice stay. We strive to make our rooms clean, quiet, and comfortable, at an affordable price. It is nice to hear that our staff was helpful and available to answer your questions. I also would like you to know, we do have rooms available with microwave and fridge should you return. I want to thank you again for your comments and it is was a pleasure having you stay with us. We hope we see you again soon. Thank you.