New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Quality Inn & Suites South

Quality Inn & Suites South
Ranked #40 of 52 Hotels in Sioux Falls
Saint Louis, Missouri
“One of the better Choice Motels”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

At this writing this motel is under renovations but they are doing a great job of keeping the place clean and quiet.

I have stayed here a couple of times now, the desk clerks are great, humorous and fun to chat with as you register. Gives you a nice personal feeling. The rooms are very clean, comfortable, nice tv channel package, great wifi reception. I have enjoyed each of my stays in this place while in the area and I plan on returning every time I am around here.

Room Tip: Lots of restaurants in the area. The desk clerks are very knowledgble of the area.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Stonewall, Manitoba
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

We were travelling to Vegas and stayed one night. The first room we were offered did not have a key that would work. The next room was no smoking that had a strong smoke smell. The breakfast was just ok. I would not go back.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013 via mobile

I'm just guessing but some of the reviews for Comfort Inn South may have been for Comfort Inn Suites right next door.

We stayed at Comfort Inn South and were disappointed. The bathroom was so small we had to back up next to the toilet then turn sideways to open the door!

The room was okay, nothing special. The breakfast was okay but looked unappealing. My husband said it was fine, I ate peanut butter on an English muffin.

The breakfast area is very unusual. Certainly not handicap accessible. There are steps, several different counters and limited space to move around.

We wouldn't stay there again.

• Stayed September 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank MESClifford

Travelers are raving about these Sioux Falls hotels

Rochester, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

The room we had was very spacious with a desk set up to accommodate lap tops and several outlets throughout the room on lamps to accommodate chargine your electronic gadgets. Beds were nicely appointed with comfortable clean linens. The room also had a sofa and small kitchenette in it. Bathroom was clean and a decent size.

The only down side to this room was that the solid drapes didn't close and there was a light outside the window that glared in all night. I am sensitive to light in the room, so once I woke up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom, I had difficulty getting back to sleep. There was also a small wall near the kitchenette that jutted out close to a table that make it interesting to navigate to the bathroom in the middle of the night...the light blaring into the room from the window did help navigate this though.

Breakfast was included and there is a pool and exercise room. Overall, this hotel was worth the money that we paid for it and we would stay at it again.

Room Tip: Ask if there is a room away from the lights outside...In our case the hotel was full, so we took wha...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Wayne, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

Another stop on our road trip, I was armed with my Hotel Coupons book for this hotel. Leave it to South Dakota to have a baseball tournament on the day we arrive -- the rooms for the coupon were full and the only room left was a handicapped one. We would probably hear the same story from the other hotels in the area, so we took the room.

We used my boyfriend's military discount and Comfort Inn has offered the best one we have found during this entire trip - a room for $139 was discounted to $109.

Staff was very friendly and breakfast was pretty good. What I didn't like about our room was that everytime someone new rus closed their door it made a big sound that made it sound like OUR door was being slammed. Other than that, though, it was a comfy one night stay.

• Stayed August 2013
Lee's Summit, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

The staff was so friendly and helpful. The motel was in a very convenient location. I had booked the motel before I left home , I feel I made a good choice we were very close to restaurants. The motel was very clean and the coffee was great. I would recommend, and stay there again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Pullman, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

The staff were friendly, the room was older but clean, breakfast was pretty good. Tiny bathroom though. It's conveniently located right off of the interstate and within walking distance of restaurants. The pool and hot tub reeked of bleach, but still felt great after a loooong day of driving.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple