“Rooms are spacious”

Quality Inn & Suites South
Ranked #42 of 54 Hotels in Sioux Falls
Reviewed September 8, 2013

The room we had was very spacious with a desk set up to accommodate lap tops and several outlets throughout the room on lamps to accommodate chargine your electronic gadgets. Beds were nicely appointed with comfortable clean linens. The room also had a sofa and small kitchenette in it. Bathroom was clean and a decent size.

The only down side to this room was that the solid drapes didn't close and there was a light outside the window that glared in all night. I am sensitive to light in the room, so once I woke up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom, I had difficulty getting back to sleep. There was also a small wall near the kitchenette that jutted out close to a table that make it interesting to navigate to the bathroom in the middle of the night...the light blaring into the room from the window did help navigate this though.

Breakfast was included and there is a pool and exercise room. Overall, this hotel was worth the money that we paid for it and we would stay at it again.

Room Tip: Ask if there is a room away from the lights outside...In our case the hotel was full, so we took wha...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

Another stop on our road trip, I was armed with my Hotel Coupons book for this hotel. Leave it to South Dakota to have a baseball tournament on the day we arrive -- the rooms for the coupon were full and the only room left was a handicapped one. We would probably hear the same story from the other hotels in the area, so we took the room.

We used my boyfriend's military discount and Comfort Inn has offered the best one we have found during this entire trip - a room for $139 was discounted to $109.

Staff was very friendly and breakfast was pretty good. What I didn't like about our room was that everytime someone new rus closed their door it made a big sound that made it sound like OUR door was being slammed. Other than that, though, it was a comfy one night stay.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 2, 2013

The staff was so friendly and helpful. The motel was in a very convenient location. I had booked the motel before I left home , I feel I made a good choice we were very close to restaurants. The motel was very clean and the coffee was great. I would recommend, and stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 13, 2013

The staff were friendly, the room was older but clean, breakfast was pretty good. Tiny bathroom though. It's conveniently located right off of the interstate and within walking distance of restaurants. The pool and hot tub reeked of bleach, but still felt great after a loooong day of driving.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 10, 2013

The hotel is right off Rt 29 but you don't hear the traffic from inside the hotel. We were alarmed at first because the front desk clerk was on the phone when we arrived and she ignored us for many minutes. Once she hung up, she explained they were having systems difficulties getting their reservations downloaded, and indeed, my reservation was not located. The clerk looked at my confirmation email and provided us with exactly the room/price we were expecting, so it all worked out.
We reserved a two-Queen room with mini fridge and microwave and thought the room was spacious for an economy hotel chain. The TV was not HD but we had a generous selection of channels. I always travel with my own hair care products so I was not too put off to find the only amenity was a small clear shampoo. Free WiFi helped me catch up with business.
In the morning we found the free breakfast included the usual pastries, cereals, waffle maker, juices and coffees, and we also saw whole fruits, a pleasant surprise.
Don't stay here if you want luxury and prestige, but if you want a quiet, comfortable room at an economy price then this selection will be great.

Room Tip: A lack of elevator makes 2nd floor rooms the better choice because there will be fewer guests climbi...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 31, 2013

Nice place to stay!

We stayed over the weekend and was well worth it. Canceled another reservation to stay here because it was cheaper. The room was very nice and updated, the counter for the sink in the bathroom really needed an update next...was just falling apart.. Small pool that we didn't have time to use looked nice and clean. Employees were very helpful. Over all very nice.

Will stay again if needed!

Room Tip: Don't have a complaint about this motel at all.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

We looked at quite a few options and more expensive places to overnight with the Doberman and selected the Comfort inn South based on the reviews and great room rate with only a $10.00 charge for the canine. Perfect choice! The place isn't all that pretty, but who cares. It's what inside that counts. Nice front check in, clean and fresh smelling room with very comfortable beds. Breakfast was adequate for our needs. Parking was safe in front of the lobby door. All in all a good experience and I highly recommend it.

• Stayed: May 2013