“Served the purpose” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #39 of 52 Hotels in Sioux Falls
Florida
“Served the purpose”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

The location was handy for meals, shopping and had ideal access to the interstate. It was convenient to the part of town I would be spending most of my time. The hotel room and hotel in general was clean. Some of the furniture was a bit worn, but the bed and pillows were comfortable.

The hotel actually was quite quiet overall - except for the floor to the room above me. I was there for a week, so had several different guests residing above me throughout that time period. Unfortunately most of them seem to rise around 5:30 am. I was awoken almost every morning by the most awful creaking from the floor above. One guest apparently weighed enough that the groaning and creaking of the floor gave me concerns that the floor might actually cave in.

The housekeeping staff seemed to take pride in the quality of their work and the staff in general was friendly. The breakfast was typical of most breakfasts currently served at motels. They did a fairly good job of keeping it stocked though there appeared to not be sufficient seating available during most of the breakfast period.

Even with the AAA discount, I am not sure it was much more than an average value. I have certainly paid less and gotten more or paid a little more and gotten much more. It will probably not be my first choice if other rooms are available at some of the other motels/hotels in the immediate vicinity.

Overall - it served its purpose of being a place to sleep.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Great Falls, Montana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

This hotel was NOT in a very nice area. It is crowded into a small area with a not so nice hotel on one side and the Comfort Suites on the other.

The assistant manager/manager was very rude. We have NEVER had trouble checking into a Comfort Inn because my name was the only one on the reservation. My husband went to check us in, after a very long driving day. But, he was asked to show his drivers license and still had to come out to the car and get me to provide more info. I then had to show my drivers license, credit card and Choice Hotel card. Then we had to fill out info on our auto and I had to sign a receipt before they check us in. When my husband asked for a receipt they said it would be delivered and was not and we had to go after it. The breakfast area is very small so people were tripping on each other and the food choices left a lot to be desired.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank justme048

Travelers are raving about these Sioux Falls hotels

Fairport, NY
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

Two words...... Bed Bugs!!!

We had a reservation at this location on July 23rd and we always check the room before bringing any of our belongings in. Upon inspecting one of the beds, my wife noticed a small blood stain appear on the sheet, as she pulled up the mattress pad, more blood stains started appearing as the bugs were bursting. As we looked closer, there was one that was crawling around on the pillow.

We immediately went down to the front desk and brought them up to the room to show them. They offered to get us another room on the same floor a few doors down. We were not going to do that at all as there was the possibility of that room being infested as well.

The staff was accomodating to our request to relocate us to another hotel at the same rate we had booked. We ended up moving to the Comfort Inns and Suites in the same area.

I would have pictures to share, but we didn't want to spend another minute in that room!

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank PRNap
Olathe, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

We stayed at this hotel on two nights about a week apart. Clean rooms with excellent pillows
bit a mattress that was a little too soft. Both weekends we had softball teams staying there too,
but the kids were well behaved and not too loud. Go Ice! Breakfast was well supplyed thru it's
duration. If you have never been to Sioux Falls make sure and check out their namesake
water falls in downtown.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012 via mobile

This is a first for me. The hotel said they were required to photo copy not only my credit card, but my drivers license. I protested telling them if they have one dishonest employee that my information could be used to steal my identity. The assistant manager to ld me that his management required it although he understood, he couldn't check us in. I knew there were several events in to wn and so was under pressure to take the room and accept their terms, however I will never stay there agai n and I also lodged a complaint with choice hotels but have not heard anything back.

Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Kelly C
Woodstock, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

I reserved a room here 7/15/2012 while I was on the road between Montana and Georgia and the prime reason I chose this hotel was its location near the interstate, gas stations and restaurants.

Not the cleanest nor the newest hotel, although the $100 price for one person for one night would suggest otherwise. The outside temps were still in the upper 90s when I pulled in around 8:30PM but the old-style window air conditioner would only lower the room temperature 3 or 4 degrees. I ran it on high-cool at its lowest setting and when I left in the morning the room temp was 81 degrees...although it was 78 degrees outside.

Bed and linens seemed very old and showed their age. No elevator to upper floors.

Parking was ample, staff was as helpful as they could be (although there was a 30-minute wait at the check-in counter when 5 groups showed up and only one clerk was on-staff). Breakfast fixings were typical continental.

This hotel isn't horrible by any means, but for the money there are plenty of other better options nearby.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank GAJohn
Scottsdale
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

Just to the north is a Comfort Suites, to the south is a rather seedy-looking motel. Across the street from major shopping mall, one short block from I-29 exit #77.

Fridge, micro, work desk. Some airplane noise in the afternoon, probably from the Air National Guard base nearby. Also some motorcycle noise. Older, but good sized room. Very small bathroom, about 3 inch clearance between toilet and door, must close door to use shower/tub. A/C has a mind of its own.

Very good wi-fi, especially for a hotel, even in an end room. Slightly better than average breakfast, except for cheap, stale, generic Cheerios. Friendly staff. Added charge of $1.50 for safe whether you use it or not. If you don’t use the safe, ask to have the charge removed at check-out.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo