“NOT RECOMMENDED”

Quality Inn & Suites South
Ranked #43 of 54 Hotels in Sioux Falls
Reviewed August 31, 2011

Some people should be in the hotel business and some people should not. The manager of this hotel definately should not. The clerk started taking down the continental breakfast while I was still eating, 10 minutes before 9 o'clock. Whe I asked if I could have some more before they took it away, the clerk responded "breakfast is over". When I pointed out the sign that said "breakfast 6am to 9am" and the clock which read 8:53, he responded "That clock isn't right" and he continued into the storage room with the food. Then when I was checking out, he tried to refuse to give me a receipt and he was very rude about it. I demanded a receipt and threatened to call Comfort Inn HQ and he placed my receipt on the counter and walked away.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Tim E

Reviewed July 28, 2011

Service and friendliness were great, pool was great, breakfast was pretty good, cleanliness was average, but beds were pretty saggy and rolled to the middle! The location worked good for us for where we needed to go in Sioux Falls.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 27, 2011

We actually stayed here twice on our summer vacation (on the way out to Yellowstone and on the way home). Very nice, clean, and friendly staff.
I will agree that the area looks a bit sketchy but we felt comfortable once we got there and into our hotel room.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 27, 2011

After reading some of the reviews I was questioning my reservation. But when I got here it was very nice. The bed and pillows were wonderful. The breakfast was hot and yummy. Nice selection for the cereal crowd and hot items for the full breakfast folks. We had the family room with plenty of room and good amenities. Yes the pool is small but great for the kids to play (no laps in this one). The towels were soft and the bathroom was nice. For the nit pickers the caulk aroung the tub could be redone but you would need to be really picky to not stay here for that reason.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 30, 2010

I wasn't sure of what to expect, but I was fine with the room. It's not fancy, but it was clean which is most important to me. It is in a great location with many dining choices and the interstate is also close by. For a short term stay, this place will fit the bill.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank LyndaGail
Reviewed February 10, 2010

The hotel was clean, spacious, had friendly staff, close to Empire mall and restaurants.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 28, 2009

This room is right next to the lobby, which actually wasn't the main problem. It also was directly adjacent to the pool room - and the hot tub jet motors, which were very loud in the room. (The head of the beds abut the wall where the motors reside.)
The night clerk sheepishly admitted this was the case when I inquired what was making the noise. He then said the pool room would close at midnight, so that was when the problem would be solved. This didn't do great things for our rest traveling with a 9-month-old who wakes up at 6 am.
Things got way worse in the morning when the toilet overflowed (for unknown reason) and the only assistance hotel staff offered was the use of another room down the hall. We had a ton of stuff (baby) to haul down in our pjs, plus dealing with the baby and wading through the water that had collected right by our room door.
There was no offer of a discount either. I wanted to ask for one, but my mom (who was paying) didn't want that, so I refrained.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family