“Excellent Food”

Wild Sage Grille
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Healthy
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Wild Sage Grille makes a conscious effort with the environment in mind when we serve our food. Throughout the years, Nancy Gellerman, owner and chef of both Sage Creek Grille in Custer and the newly opened Wild Sage Grille in Sioux Falls, has developed relationships with the folks who raise her buffalo, elk and cows. Our buffalo are raised on the Catron Ranch where they graze on 19,000acres. No antibiotics, no hormones, no feed with GMOs- just pure and simple. That is why the recent drought has left us with no prime steak cuts...however, the past summer was filled with moisture, our fields are green again and our buffalo are grazing...by next spring we should have buffalo steaks available. Our cattle come from South Dakota. Beef which means no antibiotics, no hormones, no feed with GMOs-just pure and simple. All our chicken is natural. Even more exciting is that all the seafood served at Wild Sage Grille is wild caught, mostly from North America and is sustainable for the environment. Can we talk produce-thanks to all the farmers out there-we are welcoming the vegetables of the harvest and the fruits of your labor. Wild Sage Grille is taking care of nature to make sure we nurture your soul….feel good about eating out again and come to dinner
Reviewed January 19, 2014

We had two great meals there, one dinner and one lunch. Both were very good. Have the salad that is grilled, it is excellent.

Reviewed November 26, 2013 via mobile

Located in the iconic Cherapa Place building, Wild Sage is an awesome spot for lunch or dinner. The grilled romaine salad with blue cheese and drizzled balsamic keeps me coming back. I recently brought friend from South Carolina here for dinner and they were blown away by the fresh buffalo burger and wine selection. Whenever in Sioux Falls, this is a winner every time.

Reviewed October 11, 2013

Our selections today of the Tuscan Chicken and Artichoke Grilled Cheese sandwiches was a most tasty selection for two foodies!!
The ingredients were all fresh, tasty, generous portions! This is a restaurant that takes pride in their menu selections! Definitely a cut above some of our local restaurants.
You will not be disappointed!!

Reviewed September 29, 2013

This is Sioux Falls, so meat, meat, meat everywhere. Still, the Wild Sage Grille had a couple of vegetarian options. I had the black bean burger and it was excellent. Excellent service too. If you find yourself in downtown Sioux Falls, this is the place to go.

Reviewed September 26, 2013

I have dined at Wild Sage Grille before and had good food & service. This time I was disappointed by both. The restaurant is off the river in downtown area, beautiful area & decor is stone & natural colors. I was there for dinner to celebrate a co-workers birthday. The restaurant serves only beer & wine and has a decent list of both. We tried their roasted red pepper hummus ($9) it came with pita bread & veggies. I did appreciate the veggies, but we all found the hummus, tasteless. Our waitress was nice, but could not answer questions about the menu. One of my co-workers asked some questions about a shrimp appetizers, her response was the menu describes it best, should could not articulate anything about the dish.I had ordered the buffalo burger ($12) but asked to leave off the bun, but the dish came with the bun. I just removed burger from the bun, but it was a waste of food. I also found the burger lacking seasoning of any kind. The potatoes that came as the side, had much better flavors. My co-workers had the caesar salad both enjoyed it. Salads ran $5 for side salad, to $13 for full $8-13 and entrees around the $20 + range. I am going to count this as an off day for this place, but it will be awhile before I try it again.