“Service was horrible. I'll never go back.” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of WoodSpring Suites Sioux Falls

WoodSpring Suites Sioux Falls
Ranked #42 of 52 Hotels in Sioux Falls
“Service was horrible. I'll never go back.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2009

I stayed at the SFalls Value Place for 3 weeks while looking for permanent housing due to a job change/relocation. The studio room was very small and bare bones: no coffee pot, iron, dishcloth, etc. Internet cost extra, and they only provide one roll of toilet paper, regardless of how long you stay! However, the place was fairly new, relatively quiet, and reasonably priced. Despite being told the room would be cleaned every other week, it was never cleaned (by hotel staff) during my stay. The worst aspect of this facility is the management. Three times during my stay my keycards became demagnetized and would not let me in the building or my room (I did not keep the keys near a cell phone or anything else that would cause this.) All three times, another guest came along to let me into the building, but getting into my room was a nightmare! Once, it happened at 10 p.m. and the office was closed, which was understandable except that no one answered the "After Hours" phone located in the lobby for such events. I called for 10 minutes before another guest happened along who knew what room the manager lived in. I called the manager and told him that I was locked out and no one answered the "After Hours" phone. He hung up on me, showed up in the lobby 5 minutes later, said "give me your key" (to remagnetize it) and never once apologized for the After Hours phone not being answered. Another time I was locked out at 4 p.m. and the office was already closed (1.5 hours early) for no reason! This time the manager answered the After Hours phone, but again hung up on me, showed up behind the desk a few minutes later, and said nothing more than "give me your key." I never received an apology, or an explanation for why my keys just magically stopped working on three different days. I realize you get what you pay for, but this place would be bearable if the manager had the slightest bit of customer service skills. Other guests also commented to me that they were not at all impressed with him.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank BizTraveler1001

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
montevideo, mn
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2009

I had a relaxing time at Value Place visiting my parents. The staff was help full and attentive. The room was clean and comfortable. I would recomend this hotel to any of my family or friends!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Tulsa, OK
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2008

This was our first experience w/a ValuePlace facility. The room was exactly like the on-line photos. The location would have been hard to locate the first time if not for GPS, and the lot lighting was not much at night. However, the building was secure and there was plenty of space in the room. It was nice to have a kitchen, and we were able to do our laundry on-site before we left (it was great not to get home w/lots of dirty laundry). The only things we would change were 1) the beds do not have box springs, only top mattresses on top of wood boxes, so they are really hard (we solved this by simply putting both mattresses on top of one of the wood bed stands) and 2) there was only one set of towels and one bar of soap in the bathroom (if you are traveling by car as we were, & have your own soaps and towels anyway, that does not have to be a problem, and remember there is a laundry there). Our room was near a main outside door, so if you are a light sleeper that can be a problem (it was for my boyfriend, but I sleep like a rock). Good value for the money.

• Liked — The value for the price
  • Disliked — No box springs for the beds
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family