“A gem in Sioux Falls”

Dining options: Breakfast
Midwest
“A gem in Sioux Falls”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

It really is fantastic! Peanut Butter chocolate gram cracker square thing is my favorite! The owners seem really cool too and you can tell they put a lot of effort in it to make it worthwhile. Clientele add to it's already nice vibe.

Because I do so love this place, I do want to address a couple of the concerns noted in the only poor reviews. I will agree I am actually not a fan of the cookies. That said though, it's a minor "flaw" (even if a cookie isn't amazing, it's still a cookie) amongst numerous other things that are incredible. The cake, the squares, the quiche, etc ahhh! So good!
In terms of the hours, it would be nicer if they had more hours, but for a place like this, you work around it when you want to go. Adds to the flavor too in an odd way. Shelves are empty? Might have been a busy day. It's one of the most popular spots in town.
My *only* "complaint" is that I actually kind of did like the older location a little better (the one pictured). It was smaller but being multi-level gave it a better vibe. Just my opinion. New location is still fantastic and very worth visiting!

• Visited September 2013

Aberdeen, South Dakota
“Were are the goods”
Reviewed September 25, 2013 via mobile

I decided to write a review on this company they have extremely outstanding reviews yet this is the third time I have been to this bakery and I always get there and there's nothing on the shelves this is either a very very busy bakery and they're Baker does not know how to adjust his sales or they only make a handful of items because their businesses so slowI'm not sure on this business how they expect to run a bakery when they're out of baked goods at 1 o'clock

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank Daniel H
Rapid City, South Dakota
“Excellent coffee and baked goods”
Reviewed September 13, 2013

Loved the friendly staff and atmosphere - and the coffee and quiche were excellent. Will definitely be a staple of our future stays in the area.

Visited September 2013
Valrico, Florida
“Hard to find, probably not worth the effort”
Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

We stopped by Queen City on our way from Des Moines to Rapid City. They were obviously remodeling or relocating because the address listed was not correct. Also, there was no sign on the door, so we just happened upon it by blind luck. The selection was unremarkable and the servers appeared to be closing the store about an hour early by turning chairs upside down so there was little places to sit. Overall, not worth the effort so won't be stopping back by on our way back.

• Visited August 2013
Hartford, Wisconsin
“Closed?”
Reviewed August 23, 2013 via mobile

I walked from my hotel with my two kids last week Wednesday when they should've been open and it seemed they were closed (?). Disappointed. I didn't see any activity. Better signage? Something so I know it's open or closed? I don't want to give it a bad rating if they are open but I can't rate it good either.

• Visited August 2013