“good sushi and great prices” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian, Seafood
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Brookings, South Dakota
“good sushi and great prices”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

Have had sashimi cut from a fish that was caught the hour before and Sushi Masa compares to it even in the Midwest.
Be sure to get here early on the weekends or plan something to do while you wait. The place is small and very popular.
My gf and I get the same thing everytime we go: Sushi/Sashimi for two (costs like $40, if that). Comes with miso soup, salad, and enough sushi to fill the average man up. If might need more just order an extra roll, they aren't that much.
The cuts of sushi are very thick compared to other places in sufu.
Only place I get sushi at...other than the mall.

Visited January 2013

Sioux Falls, South Dakota
“Real Sushi”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

Not for those who prefer Tokyo sushi. This is clean, authentic and aromatic with natural favors; not for spicy mayo/spicy mustard lovers. I'd suggest special cucumber or hanabi rolls, tataki tuna, kelp salad and shumi (sp?)! My wife and I no longer choose to spend money on sushi anywhere else.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Sushi in Sioux Falls”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

This place is amazing. There are only a few tables, so expect a wait on the weekend. There is a good selection of bars downtown to wait at until you get the call that your table is ready. The wait is almost always worth it. I highly recomend the Salmon and Tuna Sashimi. The cuts that they have are by far the best in town. Be sure to try the spicy spinach roll. It is not on the menu, but it is a delicious appetizer to start.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank ColeGMFB
Beverly Hills, California
“Priced great, Asians rule”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

Seriously, not to be biased, but an Asian making sushi will probably give you a better Asian food then let's say....a convict from south of the border, like I experienced at HuHot. This is authentic Asian food and how do I know? I ordered Natto, a stinky, authentic, fermented soybean, and they presented it with class and grace, with a quail egg. I've been to the best sushi restaurants in the world, and while I can't compare this place at that caliber, I am impressed for their little authentic operation in Sioux Falls. I haven't ordered anything raw, so please forgive me, because my rule of thumb is, if there isn't an ocean within a 50 mile radius, you will probably be eating something old with parasites. But everything I've had here was impressive for being so far away from the high seas.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank Miss C
Valley Springs, SD
“Best Sushi in town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

We go to Sushi Masa on a regular basis. Always fresh and tasty. Nice cozy atmosphere, not much room for waiting but you can always walk around downtown and take in the fun shops, sculptures etc. The other sushi places in town can't compare.

Visited December 2012