“Perfect place to stay.”
Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #37 of 54 Hotels in Sioux Falls
Reviewed February 11, 2013 via mobile

I made an unplanned visit to the Comfort Suites due to a blizzard and made an excellent choice. The hotel is located right off the interstate and is close to several resturants & the mall. The assistant manager was really friendly at check-in and thankfully able to get us a room before the offical time. The room was modern, well decorated, and large. The pool area was small, but adequate for my visit. Just be wary of the $1.50 safe charge. If I ever find myself in Sioux Falls again, this is the place I will stay.

• Stayed: February 2013

Reviewed January 24, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed here many times but they have modernized and it is even better. I love the no smoking in the building. And I love the rooms. Clean and comfy. It is located across the road from the mall too. It is sometimes difficult to turn onto the road. But worth it.

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed January 23, 2013

This place is across the street from strip club, when I walked in with my 2 year old, 9 year old, 14 year old and family the front desk said " do you know why Santa keeps a list of naughty or nice girls? To know where to find naughty girls". The room across the hall had a stack of 10 pizza boxes and empty 24 packs of beer. There were 2 towels in pool area and when we asked for more they said they will be done soon and there were still none the next day. I had to run to pharmacy at 10 pm and there were people all over in the hotel parking lot and street plus cops all over. It was very scary and uneasy thinking my truck might get broke into. I will never stay there again. I would have left but it was New Years weekend and all hotels were full.

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank HKPeterson
Tracey S, Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2013

The Comfort Suites is a great family hotel since it is near the mall, shopping facilities and many tourist destinations. While we do have a varity of bars in this very busy area of town, we also have a church and doctors office accross the street as well as several other sister hotels. While the reviewer may have seen other rooms celebrating the new year with pizza and beer that is very common amoung families getting togther for the holidays enjoying a weekend away from home. I feel it shows that we really are the place to come relax and unwind. Recent renovations and a moderate price make it a great hotel for any travel in the Sioux Falls Area.

Reviewed December 12, 2012

Stayed 3 nights in December 2012. Room was large and well equiped and clean. The bed was extremely comfortable.
Free Breakfast was more than the normal hotel complimentary breakfast of cold ceral and waffles, each morning of my stay they served scrambled eggs and a meat course. One morning they included biscuits and gravey.
The staff was very nice and helpfull. Will stay here the next trip to Sioux Falls.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed November 5, 2012

This is a good business visit hotel The hotel staff were very friendly, even though they wouldn't provide cocktails that I had requested! (a running joke), The lobby was roomy and welcoming, the breakfast was adequate and the room was big and comfortable. Though I didn't use the sofa much, it was a nice addition - made the room larger. The microwave and fridge/freezer were good to have also. Good desk and adequate plug ins. I like how the TV swiveled so that I could watch it while doing paperwork. The fitness room was clean and all the equipment worked! (I don't find that in a lot of hotels I stay at). The swimming pool and whirlpool both looked clean, but I can't quite talk myself into using them at any hotel. This hotel was located close to a mall and had many restaurants close by. There was even a strip club/casino across the street! I didn't visit it, but a guest had pointed that out to me. I had a good experience here and would stay again.
The only negative was the elevator needed cleaning.

Room Tip: The top floor never has any foot noise above.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 5, 2012

This hotel has recently been completely refurbished, the rooms are tastefully decorated and well equipped. Well located for restaurants and shopping. Pet friendly. My only complaint is that the breakfast room is very small for a hotel this size.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 3, 2012

Got to this hotel with a coupon for a reduced rate that they would not honor. They claimed I needed a separate coupon for each room -- despite the fact that I was paying for both rooms, and NOWHERE on the coupon did it say you needed a separate coupon for more than one room. Even after I pointed that out, the apathetic girl checking me in just shrugged and said there was nothing she could do. Half my family had to go elsewhere, and -- had it been earlier and I was thinking more clearly -- we shouldn't have rented even the one room. It was dingy, there was hair in the sink, and the air conditioner rattled and wheezed all night but didn't actually cool the room. When I complained to the manager about the coupon issue, and again pointed out that the coupon did not say you could only rent one room for that rate, she gave me the email equivalent of the earlier employee's "shrug." As she is the manager of both Comfort Inn and Comfort Suites, I would not stay at either property again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family