“Little updates make a difference”
Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #37 of 54 Hotels in Sioux Falls
Reviewed October 29, 2012

I've stayed here before but was pleasantly surprised by the updates. Little things make a difference sometimes. There is newer carpet in the rooms with new carpet being currently put in the hallways, updated sofa sleepers, soft comfy beds and pillows, new alarm clocks, flatscreen TVs, and a more modern appearance. Our room price was very reasonable for a suite considering other motels in the area were about the same price and not a suite. The staff was quick, efficient, and very curteous.

The only negative was the housekeeping knock at 9:30am. I recommend placing the Do Not Disturb sign if you want to sleep in. The pool/whirlpool needs some updated tile at the top, as you can see they installed an after market "bumper" they painted to try to help keep water in the whirlpool/ pool instead of the pool deck. However, there were plenty of pool towels and the pool was not busy. Neither was the motel, which was quiet and peaceful.

Everything was very clean and comfortable, and we were very pleased with our king suite.

Room Tip: Ask for top floor to reduce noise from upstairs neighbors.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 18, 2012

The beds were very comfortable. We had a great stop. My two children, 5 & 7, parents 69 & 70, my wife and myself. We slept great! That's what you need to do at a hotel. The breakfast area was small, but enough. Nothing fancy for food, but the make-yourself-waffles were a hit for the kiddos. Otherwise, cold cereal, scrambled eggs, biscuits, gravey, juice, milk, toast, bagels, and muffins. There were rolls of carpeting at the ends of our hall like they were recarpeting areas. I don't know if that has anything to do with the other reviewer who mentioned a musty smell. We had no bad odors and I would recommend this as a reliable place to stay.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 26, 2012

Stayed here one night and would go back. It's smaller than most comfort suites, but very clean and quiet. No problem taking your pet, which is very nice to know for those of us traveling with a furry family member. Very decent breakfast. Went to Falls Park to see Sioux Falls. Walking around the park area is well worth it, but don't hang around to see the light show. It's nothing like the ads. We had no problems with a musty smell at all. Since I'm asthmatic, I tend to be sensitive to things like that.
Had a good night's sleep. We were on our way to Mitchell, Badlands and Black Hills.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 25, 2012

We stayed here one night on our way back from the Black Hills. It was okay. The room was nice and the bathroom was decent. It is a non-smoking hotel, but it seemed to have a musty smell or something in our room. I don't know what it was from......like maybe it used to be a smoking hotel and some of the scent was still lingering? I'm not sure. The staff was friendly though.

The breakfast area was disappointing. Very cramped without much seating. The food was just okay.

We were glad it was only for one night. The price was right so I guess you get what you pay for.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 24, 2012

First of all, the staff was outstanding. The duo at the front desk went out of their way at check-in to ask where we were from and what we would like to do for the evening. They had great local advice about festivities downtown. However, the hotel was just "small". The suite did not seem as large as most Comfort Suites I've stayed in, the elevator was odd in that there was a room-type door that could be closed in the hallway to access the elevators, the faucet in the bathroom sink was barely far enough away from the sink wall to get my hands in, the pool area was a postage stamp but very clean, and the breakfast area was a converted room that was cramped and crowded. It seems as though this was an older building that was purchased and renovated. The hotel was clean, the beds were comfy, and the staff was more than helpfull. It was just expensive for what was available.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 22, 2012

I drive trucks across the country and I wanted to surpize my husband for our anniversary. So we stayed here and it was a great hotel. It was very clean and it a good place to stay.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 15, 2012

Stayed here for 1 night as part of a 3 week road trip from Chicago to Las Vegas.
The room (good size) and bathroom were clean and tidy. Shower had good pressure and hot. Extractor fan very effective (for once). Microwave and fridge ok. Old style CRT TV, worked ok but some channels not working or had poor picture quality. WiFi good.
Staff friendly and welcoming. Plenty of free parking. Complimentary breakfast was ok, selection was reasonable but the breakfast room was a bit small.

Empire Mall is on the opposite side of the highway with Applebee’s and Texas Roadhouse.

Do recommend a visit to the park to see the falls if you have time.

Overall a pleasant stay for one night.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family