“Romantec place to stay”

Ranked #35 of 53 Hotels in Sioux Falls
Kansas City, Missouri
“Romantec place to stay”
Reviewed July 22, 2012

I drive trucks across the country and I wanted to surpize my husband for our anniversary. So we stayed here and it was a great hotel. It was very clean and it a good place to stay.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 15, 2012

Stayed here for 1 night as part of a 3 week road trip from Chicago to Las Vegas.
The room (good size) and bathroom were clean and tidy. Shower had good pressure and hot. Extractor fan very effective (for once). Microwave and fridge ok. Old style CRT TV, worked ok but some channels not working or had poor picture quality. WiFi good.
Staff friendly and welcoming. Plenty of free parking. Complimentary breakfast was ok, selection was reasonable but the breakfast room was a bit small.

Empire Mall is on the opposite side of the highway with Applebee’s and Texas Roadhouse.

Do recommend a visit to the park to see the falls if you have time.

Overall a pleasant stay for one night.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Brooklin, Canada
Reviewed July 6, 2012

Checkin was quick as they were expecting us.  Pleasant staff.  Directed us to a great place for dinner (Phillips Avenue Diner).

Room: Large room (we had 2 beds and sleeper sofa). Tired. Rusty fixtures. Caulking in the bathroom stained.

Amenities: Breakfast room too small.  Usual variety of eggs, muffins, cereal, fruit, coffee, juice.  Pool looked nice.  Single ice maker constantly depleted.

Location: Could not walk to anything. Downtown Sioux Falls was 15 minute drive.

Next time we would choose a better location.

• Stayed June 2012
Leesburg, Alabama
Reviewed July 2, 2012

I left clothes in my room on 6/5/12 and have made 6 phone calls and as of 7/2/12 have still not received my clothes. I have been told on 3 different occasions that they would be mailed & on 6/22/12 was told they had been mailed but still no clothes. This is very bad customer service. The hotel was nothing to great to begin with a this has just made the whole stay a disaster. Would never stay there again and I am rethinking all Comfort Suites.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Rita M

Travelers are raving about these Sioux Falls hotels

Sioux City, Iowa
Reviewed June 25, 2012

Had an overnight stay in Sioux Falls - found this hotel and it was in a great location; price was fair and the room was nice and clean. Bed was comfortable, pillows not my taste but I survived for one night. Thought it would be noisy since it was near I-29 and 41st street but didn’t hear a thing. Breakfast needs some improving, but the coffee was decent. Would consider staying here again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Andover, Minnesota
Reviewed June 10, 2012

Unfortunately we stayed at this place twice. One night on our way to Rapid City, and one night on our way back. First night room was a double queen. Room was mostly clean. But the freezer was so frosted up we could hardly get an ice pack in it. Good thing we were traveling with others so we could use theirs for the other pack. Walls must be very thin because we could hear lots of noise from other travelers. Second time was worse. The rooms were not clean. It didn't look like the edge of carpet against the wall had been vacuumed in a long time. This time our room was a queen with a pull out. I had to brush crumbs off of the mattress when I pulled the bed out of the couch. There was a bunch of popcorn, some candy, wrappers, and Cheetos under the couch. When we checked out I told the person behind the counter about it. There was an Assistant Manager next to her talking with someone else, and 4 other employees. The Asst. Manager tried hard to act like she didn't hear me. The other 4 looked shocked that I mentioned it and then gave me a mean and snotty look like how dare I complain. The woman who took my room cards didn't even apologize. She just asked twice if I got the bill under the door. When I asked about talking to a manager she just said she'd "pass along my message." Yeah, right. I bet she will. And I didn't even complain to her about the loud kids in the pool till 11:15, when they're supposed to be out by 11, or the even louder parents who walked the kids down the hall at 11:30. Or the teenage soccer players blowing a vuvuzela at 6:30am since I figure the hotel isn't too responsible for the guests staying there. The breakfast area is very small. Food that was supposed to be hot was just warm. Only one waffle maker, but that didn't matter much since they were out of waffle batter by 8:00am. Far as we could tell the only decent employee there was the one who checked us in. I think we would have had a better nights sleep in the car. If I could give it a worse star rating I would.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Karen O
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed June 5, 2012

I would have rated this motel with less than one star, if possible. DO NOT book at this motel. They prebook and charge immediately and refuse to allow cancellations or changes to the booking.
I had car problems in Rapid City, SD and needed a replacement alternator which would not arrive until the next day. I immediately called this motel to explain the problem and they refused to allow a changed or a cancellation.
In my opinion, any motel which has this kind of policy does so because it must. Why would a good motel with regular guests need to rob the public?
I have already crossed this motel and all Comfort Suites off my list of places to stay in the future.

Room Tip: The best rooms are in motels other than this Comfort Suites.