“treated well”

Ranked #46 of 53 Hotels in Sioux Falls
Wisconsin
“treated well”
Reviewed July 17, 2012

We pulled into the Econo Lodge @ 10:30 on a Wed night. We were happy to see motorcycle parking right in front by the office. Since it was a slower mid-week night the clerk offered us a better rate on the rooms. We feel we were treated well. My only advise would be to ask for a main floor room in the summer. Our rooms on the second floor were very warm, and it took the a/c units a while to cool the rooms. Only other thing I notice is the door to the rear of the hotel parking lot was not secure. Any one could enter the motel at any time without a key. This is a major security issue. However I would stay here again.

Room Tip: if it's warm, ask for a main floor room, they are not as warm.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank MartiniWisconsin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Rapid City, South Dakota
Reviewed July 6, 2012

We got there the night desk lady was lacking in manners. She was not very friendly at all really did not say anything but could chew with a very open mouth. I found it very unprofessional and rude. My 6yr old knows better. The room was not clean at all. 2 of the pillows on our bed was covered in hard and filthy. The bathroom was so nasty I wouldn't take a shower. The carpet in our room was sticky, very dirty, and had a bad smell. The morning staff was fantastic. Went for breakfast 45 min before the end and everything was cleaned up. The morning staff was more than accommodating and got a few things out for us. The only reason I am giving them a 2 is because of the morning staff. However for almost 100 a night it really isn't worth.

Room Tip: To choose a good room go somewhere else.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank 401HollyM

Travelers are raving about these Sioux Falls hotels

Denver, Colorado
Reviewed June 30, 2012

The entire hallway just stunk of cigarettes. We were in a non-smoking room but it was right next to a smoking room and the door where people were smoking right outside. The room was dingy and the bedspreads had stains and cigarette burns. The location is right next to a truck stop. The building was unlocked all night so did not feel very secure. The best thing about the stay was the Perkins next door!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank designsbykari
Socorro, New Mexico
Reviewed June 9, 2012

This is an older property lacking proper maintenance. The rooms are clean but dated.
Entrances are trashy and halls smelled of smoke.
The rear entrance door was unlocked and the windows in our ground floor room were unlocked and partially opened. The window was splattered with paint from the last time they spray painted the room. The pillows were hard foam slabs.
Ice machines, and snack machines did not work in the back part of the motel.
Wi-Fi had no connectivity in the rear of the motel. I specifically asked at check-in if the Wi-Fi was working.
The front desk lady was a little testy, having to deal with a lot of problems.
On the plus side there is a Burger King, Arby’s, and Perkins restaurant within easy walking distance. The pool and hot tub are nice.
The Senior rate was $63 however I would try a different location next time.

Room Tip: Check the room before accepting it.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Olympia, Washington
Reviewed May 6, 2012

The EconoLodge is the lower end of the Choice Hotels chain and as such, I don;t expect much. I was pleasantly surprised with how nice this property is.

The staff was very friendly and cooperative. The room was clean and neat and fairly well appointed. My son said the swimming pool was nice. The breakfast room was clean and spacious.

My only real complaint was the lack of WiFi. The lobby computer was down and the WiFi was very iffy. You would have it for 20 seconds then not for a minute. Pretty difficult to accomplish anything that way. The staff knew about it and was having the system serviced on the next Monday morning, so I expect it will work for anyone reading this.

For the price, I would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank CommanderChip
Sioux City, Iowa
Reviewed April 18, 2012

We stayed here overnight on a Sunday. There were only two cars in the parking lot when we arrived. It was nice to have early check in as most hotels do not let you check in until 4:00p.m. We got to our room which was in the back of the parking lot. The door to enter the hotel was not even locked, we did not have to use our key to get into the building. After getting to our room, we noticed the furniture was out of place. There were two desks and random mirrors all over. It just did not flow like normal hotels. That did not bother us as we did not plan to spend much time in the hotel anyway. There were a few hairs in the tub when showering, which of course only took a little bit of water to get off. Other than that the hotel was clean. We went out and arrived back around 9:30 p.m. to about 10 cars in the parking lot. While we were winding down, we kept hearing running back and forth in the room above us. It was so bad! We thought it was kids running around, and came to find out the next morning it was a dog. Why you would put pets on the second floor above another room when many of them are empty is beyond me. We did have an issue with the check out process. There was a knock on the door around 9:45 a.m. that woke me up. I got up and there was a paper on the floor stating my charges, etc. I then went out and smoked a cigarette and tried to get back into my room. The key would not work at all. I had to get the cleaning lady to open the door for me. They had already deactiviated my keys by 10:00 a.m. The cleaning lady (who spoke little english) also made it a point to tell me "Check out 11:00!". I just thought this was a little pushy and rude. After getting all of our stuff packed, we went to the front desk to give them our keys. The lady took our keeps and just said "checking out?". To which I replied yes, and she said ok. She was not very friendly. I just felt like I was rushed out of there.

All in all it was not a bad price for a quick overnight stay.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Lakeville, Minnesota
Reviewed March 6, 2012

I was somewhat wary about staying here after reading about the noise as I;m a very light sleeper..We had a 2nd floor room 2 doors down from head of stairs and had no problem.
We got the early check-in I asked for ( 11:30 AM)..the room was ok a little bigger than most Lodges, the bedding was a little on the skimpy side but I brought my own pillow just in case.
The location is in a major trucking area with a big truckstop accross the street but it was safe enough and like I said I had no problem sleeping. We didn't use it but it has a pool & hot tub...nice features for a Econo lodge. My only encounter with the help was at check in & out which went very smoothly.

Room Tip: If you don't want to walk up a short flight of stairs stay on 1st floor as they have no elevator
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business