“Better than expected”

Ranked #45 of 53 Hotels in Sioux Falls
Olympia, Washington
“Better than expected”
Reviewed May 6, 2012

The EconoLodge is the lower end of the Choice Hotels chain and as such, I don;t expect much. I was pleasantly surprised with how nice this property is.

The staff was very friendly and cooperative. The room was clean and neat and fairly well appointed. My son said the swimming pool was nice. The breakfast room was clean and spacious.

My only real complaint was the lack of WiFi. The lobby computer was down and the WiFi was very iffy. You would have it for 20 seconds then not for a minute. Pretty difficult to accomplish anything that way. The staff knew about it and was having the system serviced on the next Monday morning, so I expect it will work for anyone reading this.

For the price, I would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank CommanderChip

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Sioux City, Iowa
Reviewed April 18, 2012

We stayed here overnight on a Sunday. There were only two cars in the parking lot when we arrived. It was nice to have early check in as most hotels do not let you check in until 4:00p.m. We got to our room which was in the back of the parking lot. The door to enter the hotel was not even locked, we did not have to use our key to get into the building. After getting to our room, we noticed the furniture was out of place. There were two desks and random mirrors all over. It just did not flow like normal hotels. That did not bother us as we did not plan to spend much time in the hotel anyway. There were a few hairs in the tub when showering, which of course only took a little bit of water to get off. Other than that the hotel was clean. We went out and arrived back around 9:30 p.m. to about 10 cars in the parking lot. While we were winding down, we kept hearing running back and forth in the room above us. It was so bad! We thought it was kids running around, and came to find out the next morning it was a dog. Why you would put pets on the second floor above another room when many of them are empty is beyond me. We did have an issue with the check out process. There was a knock on the door around 9:45 a.m. that woke me up. I got up and there was a paper on the floor stating my charges, etc. I then went out and smoked a cigarette and tried to get back into my room. The key would not work at all. I had to get the cleaning lady to open the door for me. They had already deactiviated my keys by 10:00 a.m. The cleaning lady (who spoke little english) also made it a point to tell me "Check out 11:00!". I just thought this was a little pushy and rude. After getting all of our stuff packed, we went to the front desk to give them our keys. The lady took our keeps and just said "checking out?". To which I replied yes, and she said ok. She was not very friendly. I just felt like I was rushed out of there.

All in all it was not a bad price for a quick overnight stay.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Lakeville, Minnesota
Reviewed March 6, 2012

I was somewhat wary about staying here after reading about the noise as I;m a very light sleeper..We had a 2nd floor room 2 doors down from head of stairs and had no problem.
We got the early check-in I asked for ( 11:30 AM)..the room was ok a little bigger than most Lodges, the bedding was a little on the skimpy side but I brought my own pillow just in case.
The location is in a major trucking area with a big truckstop accross the street but it was safe enough and like I said I had no problem sleeping. We didn't use it but it has a pool & hot tub...nice features for a Econo lodge. My only encounter with the help was at check in & out which went very smoothly.

Room Tip: If you don't want to walk up a short flight of stairs stay on 1st floor as they have no elevator
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed September 17, 2011

Average room, clean bathroom, comfy bed. Granted, we were bone tired so the noise complained about in other reviews could not have woken us, but we slept well. Restaurant across the street is very odd but the boys enjoyed the cheese and ham soup. The girl checking us in had a great sense of humour and was super friendly, a genuinely welcome face at the end of a long day.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Wyoming
Reviewed August 21, 2011

The young man at the desk was nice and helpful. Sink had soap stuck on the top. Toilet had a dirty brown ring on the mound of caulking around the bottom. Neither the tub nor the sink would drain! Beds are old and worn out. Outside looks bad too! Go the extra mile(s) and stay somewhere else! This place is not worth the price!!!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Sioux Falls hotels

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed July 12, 2011

This place was very, very noisy!!! The walls were paper thin. We could hear the tv next door as well as kids running up and down the halls. If available, ask for the upper floor! We were on the bottom and at 11:00pm could hear the kids jumping around upstairs! Check in was quick and easy. Friendly staff. Didn't try the pool/hot tub but popped our head in and it was very noisy! The shower was basic, clean. Not a lot of choices for breakfast and the seating area only had 6 tables.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 10, 2011

We only stayed one night, on our way to Hill City. We could not get the net to work in our room. When I called the front desk, they told me to try using someone else in the area. The room smelled musty. We found dead bugs. The pool was very small, very loud with so many people in there at once. We had to try room keys three times to find one that would work. When we checked in, there was hardly any toilet paper in the bathroom. The free breakfast was not so great. No bagels, donuts, or fruit. Very small room to eat breakfast in.

• Stayed July 2011