All reviews standard hie rambunctious kids bedside lamps shampoo and soap flavored creamers would stay here again cinnamon rolls nice selection of food outback steakhouse comfortable room very clean hotel front desk staff eating establishments free breakfast nice job breakfast staff within walking distance
Reviewed August 19, 2018

We arrived here late at night and the front desk staff was very friendly. We had quite a bit of luggage coming in with our little ones and the staff member offered to come and pick up our luggage cart for us on our floor. It was so kind that we would come back just for the friendliness of the staff.

However, the room was also excellent. It was comfortable and quite. Our whole family fell asleep quickly; we almost missed breakfast because we were so comfortable. We got down to breakfast about 1/2 hour before it closed and the attendant asked if we were done before closing up.

The staff being so friendly made this visit really wonderful for our family. I would highly recommend this place for anyone looking to stop at a great Holiday Inn Express.

• Stayed: August 2018, traveled with family
Matt B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls At Empire Mall, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2018

Dear raindrops554

It is wonderful to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us at the Holiday Inn Express and Suites near the Empire Mall in Sioux Falls, SD. I am glad that you didn't miss out on our hot breakfast bar. That would have been a bummer. It is great to hear how helpful my team was. We work very hard to provide great customer service and clean rooms. Thank you for the recommendations on our hotel for any future guests that may read your review. It is appreciated.

Reviewed August 19, 2018

Stayed here for one night in Sioux Falls. Very nice hotel, great location, excellent staff. The beds were comfortable and the hotel is very quiet. The breakfast was good for a hotel, the usual fare, but not great. The staff was very courteous and helpful.

• Stayed: August 2018, traveled as a couple
Matt B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls At Empire Mall, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2018

Dear Alan

I appreciate you taking the time to post a review of your stay with us at the Holiday Inn Express and Suites near the Empire Mall in Sioux Falls. It is always nice to hear from our guests when they have had a great stay. I will be sure to pass along your comments to my staff so that they know they were appreciated by you. I am glad to hear that your bed was comfortable and the hotel was quiet during your stay. Please let us know if there is ever anything we can do to make your stay more enjoyable.

Reviewed August 6, 2018 via mobile

We came from Grand Island, Ne for a family vacation. We stayed for 3 nights and had a very nice time! Hotel was clean, pool was awesome, kids had fun! Breakfast was great, hot and coffee tasted amazing. Thank you! We will be back!

Stayed: July 2018, traveled with family
Matt B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls At Empire Mall, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2018

Dear Leikyn T

I appreciate you taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor. It is always nice to hear when my team members are doing a great job. I will be sure to pass along your comments regarding the clean rooms and the fact that you enjoyed our hot breakfast bar as well. It is also nice to hear that you had time to let the kids enjoy the pool. I look forward to having you back on your next trip to Sioux Falls.

Reviewed July 8, 2018 via mobile

Our first visit to this hotel. First impression was that this property was very nice. However you can tell that it's been here for a while but it is absolutely clean and well-kept. They have a decent Fitness room, but I'm not sure why the pool was closed while we were here though. The staff was very friendly and provided some help as to places to eat. The room itself was clean, it was well kept, and everything was in working order. The bedding was also comfortable and provided a comfortable sleep. Although it is located convenient to Interstate 29 it is very quiet. You should sleep here very well. We would stay here again.

Stayed: July 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jim D
Matt B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls At Empire Mall, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2018

Dear Jim D

Thank you for giving the Holiday Inn Express and Suites near the Empire Mall a try on your trip through Sioux Falls. I think that the pool was closed due to needing to shock the chlorine levels. We try to do this overnight usually, but this was needed when my maintenance staff checked the chemicals and determined it needed to be done. I am sorry for the inconvenience of having it closed. I am happy to hear that your stay was comfortable and that you slept well. It is also nice to hear that you found our property to be clean and well kept. When you stay with us again, please let us know if you encounter any issues so that we can get them resolved.

Reviewed July 5, 2018

Our room was clean and comfy. Wifi was good. Bathroom was clean and large but could use a exhaust fan. Breakfast was good with plenty of room. We didnt use the pool. The location was easy to find and quiet

• Stayed: June 2018, traveled as a couple
Matt B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls At Empire Mall, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2018

Dear grandmaBeecher_ll

It is always nice to hear when our guests have enjoyed their stays with us at the Holiday Inn Express and Suites in Sioux Falls, SD. I am glad that you found your room to be clean and comfy and the WiFi to work well. I wanted to let you know that we do have exhaust fans in the bathrooms but they are a central fan so they run continuously without all of the noise of traditional fans. It is too bad that you didn't have time to use the indoor pool and hot tub. Maybe next time. Please let us know if there is ever anything we can do to improve your stay with us. Thank you for your business and have a great rest of the summer.