“Great Customer Service by Mike R”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls At Empire Mall
Ranked #21 of 53 Hotels in Sioux Falls
Reviewed July 12, 2013

My husband and I were overnighting in Sioux Falls and stopped and checked rates at a couple hotels. When I inquired at the Holiday Inn Express what the rate would be for one night, Mike R. gave me a rate for which I thanked him and said I had gotten a cheaper rate across the street. He asked me what I had been quoted and I told him. He then told me he could do better than the rate I was given. Of course, we took his room. When I asked to be on the third floor he was very happy to change what he had already typed in the computer and said this room would even be a little bigger. He then asked if we would like something to drink and gave my husband and I each a drink and a snack. Mike R. was a very pleasant to deal with and is an asset to your company. I would tell everyone to stay at the Holiday Inn in Sioux Falls because of his service.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Bonnie M
hiexpsf, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls At Empire Mall, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

Thank you for reviewing our property. I appreciate your comments and I'll make sure to share them with Mike.

Mellanie Larson

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls At Empire Mall

Reviewed June 26, 2013

This was the best hotel I have ever stayed it! The staff was super friendly and helpful. The room was very clean and well taken care of. The continental breakfast was the best I have ever seen. There was a huge selection of hot foods as well as pastries, fruit, yogurt, this list goes on and on. I would recommend this hotel to anyone!!!!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank srustad1980
hiexpsf, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls At Empire Mall, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2013

Thank you for the wonderful review! We greatly appreciate it. I'll make sure to share it with my staff.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

As far as Holiday Inn Express goes, this is probably nicest I've stayed in. My family stayed here one night after a long trip from yellowstone. The hotel seemed brand new with lobby and business center. There appeared to be an older section of rooms to this hotel but our room seemed like new. Our room and the common rooms appeared spotless. Staff was friendly and breakfast had a good variety to choose from. I would stay here again if passing through Sioux Falls.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
hiexpsf, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls At Empire Mall, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2013

Thank you for taking the time out of your day for reviewing our property! I greatly appreciate the nice comments!

Reviewed June 24, 2013

I checked into my room early and went straight to work. I finished what I needed and went to take a shower only to find hair everywhere in the shower and a dirty used(hairy) wash cloth hanging on the shower curtain. I went down to the front desk and was refunded and given a different room. As I was moving my stuff from one room to another across the hall I was intercepted by the clerk at the front counter, he offered to help me move my stuff to a suite instead and 2K in Holiday points so I didn't lose out when the refunded me. This was the second hotel I stayed at in Sioux Falls( the other was the Clubhouse) and can honestly say both hotels exceeded expectations with their great service.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Thank you so much for reviewing our property! I am sorry to hear that the cleanliness was not up to par on your first room. Unfortunately, we are human and we do make mistakes. I am very pleased that my staff took care of the issue by refunding your stay and putting you a suite. Mistakes happen, but taking care of them swifty and making the rest of your stay enyoyable is so important. Thank you for sharing and I'll make sure to post your comments for both our housekeeping and front desk departments.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

Very friendly and helpful staff. Very courteous. The rooms were clean and neat. Well taken care of. The bathroom was clean with fresh towels and washcloths for everyone. The continental breakfast had something for everyone and tasted excellent. I would stay at this hotel again!

• Stayed: June 2013
hiexpsf, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls At Empire Mall, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

Thank you for reviewing our property! I appreciate all the nice comments and I will share them with my staff.

Reviewed June 3, 2013

This hotel was great very clean, quite, and comfortable. We stayed with our two little ones ages 10months and 2years and loved it. The staff was awesome very friendly and helpful. The breakfast they offer is amazing with so many things to choose from. We enjoyed the pool and the convenience of the hotels location. We will most definitly be staying here again and will be looking for holiday inns to stay in on future trips :)

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
hiexpsf, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls At Empire Mall, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

Thank you for reviewing our property! I greatly appreciate the wonderful comments.

Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

Let me start by saying I have not stayed at a Holiday Inn in over 8 years. They use to be the only hotel we stayed in but after a series of disgusting events and what I considered over price rooms I stopped even considering them. When my husband booked this room I grumbled at him for the reasons previously mentioned. I now have to re evaluate my opinion of this hotel chain. The rooms were clean, the staff was not only polite but friendly and helpful without us asking. The breakfast room staff were on top of it, filling trays, keeping the room clean and one even helped our daughter locate a bagel. It was great and we can't tell you how much that was appreciated. I'm glad to see some places do actually care about their hotel and the guests who stay there thanks!

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank cagollehon78
hiexpsf, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls At Empire Mall, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2013

Thank you for the wonderful comments on our property. I greatly appreciate that you took the time to review us!