Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls At Empire Mall
Ranked #28 of 52 Hotels in Sioux Falls
Houston, Texas
“Great Place to Stay”
Reviewed August 13, 2012

We spent four nights and have to say the hotel was wonderful. The staff from front desk to cleaning crew were all very friendly and helpful. The room was clean and fresh. There were plenty of places to sit and relax throughout the hotel. Our kids really enjoyed the pool and spa. And we made good use of the weight machine & tread mills/elipticals in the exercise room. The complimentary breakfast was terrific and included hot food like eggs, sausage, biscuits & gravy, etc. Staff made sure food & drinks were freshly stocked. The day before leaving we did laundry and were surprised to find complimentary washers & dryers. And finally, we used the business area to print our boarding passes. The hotel had everything we needed. We have stayed other places in the area but we will definitely be staying at the Holiday Inn Express again on our next visit!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
hiexpsf, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls At Empire Mall, responded to this review, August 14, 2012
Thank you for choosing our property for your four day stay! I appreciate all the wonderful comments! I hope you had a great flight home and we hope to see you again!

Mellanie Larson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed August 10, 2012

Went with my wife and nephews while going to badlands.

Free breakfast was good. Very close to several shops and coffee places.

Great room with plasma TV. I think it was renovated recently and everything was clean and new.

Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
hiexpsf, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls At Empire Mall, responded to this review, August 13, 2012
Thank you for reviewing our property! I'm glad you had a great visit and I hope you enjoyed the rest of your South Dakota vacation!

Reviewed August 3, 2012

Overall, this property was pretty decent. Nothing really wrong with it but I like newer properties with updated amenities which is why I didn't rate this one higher. I had a standard room, queen size bed. My room was very small but for 1 person and for only 1 night it worked fine. If I had kids or was staying longer then 1-2 nights I'd want a larger room. The room was clean and in good shape. I used the business center to print something and it worked great which was nice as all too often printers in the business centers are broken. The hotel is conveniently located off I-29 with many restaurants close by (Ruby Tuesday right across the street).

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
hiexpsf, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls At Empire Mall, responded to this review, August 6, 2012
Thank you for reviewing our property. I am glad you found our property clean and everything in working order. I am excited to let you know that we will replacing all of our case goods in the late fall! Thank you, Mellanie Larson
New Palestine, Indiana
Reviewed August 2, 2012

This hotel was one of the nicest we have stayed in. It was spotless with current decor. The staff was very friendly and service-oriented (walked us to the elevator). The breakfast was the best complimentary one we have ever had. The food was great, displayed well, and restocked quickly, and the area clean and spacious. The design of the hotel was so nice--multiple seating areas perfect for groups, and the recessed sofa area in the room made the room seem more spacious than most rooms we have stayed in. The bed was so comfortable and fluffy. While we didn't plan to do laundry there, the facilities came in handy after a spill in the car! Complimentary washers? That was the nicest surprise ever!! The pool and hot tub were beautiful. The location was perfect for a quick stop. It was the perfect place to end a long day of driving. Thank you so much, HIE!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
hiexpsf, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls At Empire Mall, responded to this review, August 3, 2012
Kristi,

Thank you for such a nice review of our property! I greatly appreciate it and I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

United States
Reviewed July 30, 2012

I had never stayed at a Holiday Inn Express before, but I really enjoyed my three-night stay at this one. I would definitely return/recommend.

It was impeccably clean (which is always my number one hotel concern) and the staff was so accommodating one would think they were staying at a 5-star hotel. I love the 24/7 coffee and tea availability. I'm very picky about hotel breakfasts and didn't try the eggs/sausage/bacon/cinnamon rolls stuff, but the coffee, fresh fruit and oatmeal was just fine for me.

The bed was incredibly comfortable and the wi-fi was really fast (and free). I have no complaints.

There's a TGIFridays right across the parking lot and a steak and seafood place right behind the HI Express, and there are other dining choices nearby. I didn't try any of them, but there's something for everyone in the area. I recommend it.

Room Tip: The location was fine as far as I'm concerned -- those of you who are traveling to shop at the E...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
hiexpsf, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls At Empire Mall, responded to this review, August 1, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property! I'll make sure tell hang your comment for our housekeeping department to read! Today is Holiday Inn's 60th Anniversary, so reading this review was the topping on our cake!

Reviewed July 30, 2012 via mobile

This Holiday Inn Express was very nice. Rooms were good sized very clean, very new. Very quiet room. There were many different sitting areas for people to gather at. Which I think kept the halls quieter. Good breakfast and area to eat.

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
hiexpsf, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls At Empire Mall, responded to this review, August 1, 2012
Thank you for reviewing your stay at our facility! I appreciate your business and your time! Have a great day!

Reviewed July 27, 2012

This hotel was perfect. The location was perfect u did not have to go far for shopping or to eat. And the breakfast was AMAZING. The rooms were nice and the workers who help us check in were so friendly. I recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed July 2012
hiexpsf, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls At Empire Mall, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
Thank you for reviewing our property! I greatly appreciate it!