“Surprisingly nice”
Review of Sleep Inn

Sleep Inn
Ranked #43 of 54 Hotels in Sioux Falls
Reviewed June 4, 2014

Stayed one night here while passing through on our way home to Wisconsin. There is road construction on the street which leads directly to this hotel, but the detour signs were very clear and we had no problem navigating to it. I was a little skeptical at first as the rear entrance smelled like cigarette smoke and the carpeting was worn and it just looked a bit tacky. But, our room was very nice, cozy, clean albeit compact. Looked as though it was recently updated. The main entrance was also updated and appealing. Breakfast was the usual faire but lots of choices and everything was clean and well kept in the eating area. Friendly staff and good price. Very close to the freeways. Would recommend it!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed May 8, 2014 via mobile

I am a chose rewards member and typically stay at the chain while on business so very familiar with the concept. This was certainly one of the better choice properties! Sleep Inn was chosen because I was attending a conference at the near by Sheraton.
The hotel is located blocks from the Arena and convention center. Another plus is its proximity to several restaurants and a main traffic corridor.
The check Inn process was fast and efficient that included cookies. The rooms themselves have been recently remodeled so they are modern, but a bit on the tight space side. However still functional to take care of any business or relaxation. The internet is free and easy to connect, but a little slow. The only downside is a major road reconstruction project is occurring on the rosd, but entrance and exit is manageable. If you are looking forward an alternative place to the more expensive places by the arena, this is certainly the best option.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed May 5, 2014

I like this place. Nothing to write home about, but every time I'm here (every few months), it's been nice. Rooms are clean & comfortable, breakfast is good, location could be better for me, but it's not too bad, staff is helpful. The only problems I've had are in the winter, when the card locks never seem to work on any of the backside or east doors, making me have to walk all the way around to the lobby entrance. Inconvenient, but not really a deal-breaker.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed April 28, 2014

I would not recommend this hotel. I was in three different rooms. The first room, had a stained comforter, second room blood stain on the sheet. The last room had blood stained sheets and the mattress pad. I was not given any compensation for my stay. I talked to the manager, and he gave me $5.00 off for one night. I would not recommend this property to anyone. The management says if something is wrong, we will fix it. They did not fix the problem. Please go elsewhere for $75.00 a night. I am going to check out and see if Motel 6 is any better.

Room Tip: Please check the hotel before you check into the hotel
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed March 11, 2014

We stayed there for our daughters cheer competition after we found out our original hotel was booked. Well I'm glad we did. The rooms we clean and comfortable. My oldest has asthma so was excited to see that the whole hotel was smoke free. You had to go out side to smoke. She slept all night with no issues.
The staff gave exceptional service. Very friendly and helpful. Always had a smile when they seen you. Best staff we have ever came across so far. The breakfast was great. Waffles, eggs, bacon, cereal, fruit, and more. We will be staying there again.
The only downside is the light by the pool. After few minutes it will go off and u need to walk infront of it to get it to turn back on, but the rest of the lights worked great. Had a quite, restful sleep and best service from staff.

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed January 23, 2014

This was the 1st night of our family trip to Orlando and our flight left early the next morning so we choose to stay over. The hotel doesn't have an airport shuttle, they do provide and pay for a cab service to and from the airport allowing you to saving money on parking at the airport.

Only disappointment was I didn't realize I had to pay $10 for a roll away bed when I booked the reservation but I passed on that once I was aware...not a big deal. They have a hot breakfast served in the morning and the cab was waiting for us by the time we finished.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed November 29, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here while I was in town on business. As I got into my room a very loud jet was landing on the runway very near this hotel. "Uh oh" I thought. But it was not a steady stream and did not prevent me from sleeping 2 hours past my normal waking time! Staff was very friendly, the room was clean with a decent shower. Internet worked well and the TV was newer and easy to work. Breakfast was ok, lots of carbs, with the egg dishes pretty poor, but at least they were there. Location is fine, obviously close to the airport. I would stay here again, especially since my employer paid for it and it was the better option.

• Stayed: November 2013