“Unhelpful staff” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #29 of 52 Hotels in Sioux Falls
Belleville
“Unhelpful staff”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014

It was a long drive from Mt. Rushmore, and I had pinned my hopes on my one night stay at this hotel--and the the experience of the water park. First, the construction in the area was a real pain; then checking into my room--the door was jammed. My kids were excited about the waterpark, which I understood stayed open until 11 pm (that apparently wasn't the case). I was given instructions to find a place to eat==which didn't pan out. By the timne my family and I ate, we returned to the hotel around 10:00 looking forward to the water park--only to find it closed. I went back to the front desk with my frustration with the info I was provided. And was pretty told "sorry." I'm guessing this was the on-site manager, and wasn't very sympathetic or helpful. The roon itself was good. Believe this could have been handled better. I didn't feel welcomed, and don't believe I will include Ramada in any of my future choices.

• 1 of 5 stars
      Sleep Quality
      Cleanliness
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Siouxfall, Manager at Ramada Sioux Falls Airport Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, August 25, 2014
I do apologize for the inconvenience this caused. Unfortunately with the road construction it can cause some delay in getting around. We do have Castaways Grill and our Tiki Bar (both which serve everthing from steak to pasta to burgers and pizza), right here on site, that way our guests can enjoy dinner pool side by our Waterpark. I am glad the room was to your enjoyment. I am sorry about your kids not getting to use the Waterpak in the evening, we close the pool at 10pm for children under 18 and 11pm for adults so our business clients will not be disturbed and reopen at 9am the following day on the weekends our pool is open until 11 for kids and 12 for adults to use the lap pool and hot tubs. Unfortunately we can not make exceptions about useing the pool after hours. I do hope you reconsider the Ramada Brand Hotels. Thank you for taking the time for the comments.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

Room very updated and clean. Linens soft, Sofa bed comfortable. Water park exceptional huge with many pools offered for all ages so not congested. Staff all so friendly. Not one single thing to say negativly. Will stay again.

Room Tip: Noise level was loud since we had a suite by the pool. If you want quiet you stay other parts of the...
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for the great comments, You are correct that our WaterPark is a fun time. Thank you once again for the great feedback.
Madison
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

Our room was not very clean when we checked in. We found clothes left behind hanging on the curtains and office chair was wet, plus nightstand, TV stand, etc. had stuff stuck on them and were not well dusted or cleaned. Room was not cleaned on 2nd day of our stay either. We handed dirty towels to cleaning person in order to get new ones. Wireless did not work.

• 4 of 5 stars
      Sleep Quality
    • 1 of 5 stars
      Cleanliness
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

We apologize for the cleaniness of the room, it is not acceptable. I have spoken to the Head of Housekeeping and she will speak to the staff and reiterate are standards. As far as the wifi hopefully you spoke with the Front Desk to help resolve that problem. Thank you for you comments.
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

The perfect place to take all the kids and have some family fun. We took 6 nieces and a nephew and they wore us out. We all slept like babies that night in our clean and comfortable room. The airport transportation was right on time for our quick trip the airport.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for the great comments. It seems like kids of all ages enjoy our Waterpark and our airport shuttle runs 24hr a day to make sure you make your flight. Thank you once again for your comments.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sioux Falls
4.5 of 5 stars 499 reviews
Sheraton Sioux Falls & Convention Center
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Sioux Falls - Brandon
Sioux Falls ClubHouse Hotel & Suites

Been to Ramada Sioux Falls Airport Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!