“Great Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #29 of 52 Hotels in Sioux Falls
Saint Paul
“Great Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

This was a great place to stay, The room was great and the staff was very helpful, I would say they went out of their way to make my stay pleasant. After making the reservation on-line I realized I realized I might need an additional night. I asked if it would be possible when I checked in to stay an additional night and the room I reserved was not available so, the front desk staff put me in a nicer room so I wouldn't have to move at the rate for the room I reserved on-line. I asked the waitress in the restaurant at breakfast the next morning if there was someplace I could get a paper, she got me one and had one for me the next two mornings. I checked in after 10:00 pm and there was a problem with the cable, they sent someone up to take care of it that night, I thought I was going to have to wait until the next day - I have had to wait in other hotels that cost more. I have stayed at high priced hotels in New York, and the service level I received at this hotel was far better than anything I received in NY. While the room was great, I would have had a great stay because of the staff even if the room had been so-so.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars
Siouxfall, General Manager at Ramada Sioux Falls Airport Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, August 10, 2012
Thank you for your wonderful comments. We do have a great hotel made even better by our caring staff. Hope to see you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Cleveland, MN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2012

The water park was a big plus. Our grandchildren enjoyed it, as did we. It is very well done. Rooms were average for the price. No microwave or refrig. Another plus was the 4 water park passes. We have an IPad and were told we had to get WiFi thru a website..a little hard to do without the WiFi, or by phone. We called number they gave us and after a long wait on hold, we gave up and went without the service for our stay. That was inconvenient for us. Another service lacking was a "free" breakfast. Which is a service usually provide these days. Stay for the water park...that part of the facility was outstanding...rest is average for the price and lacking in some services.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars
Our waterpark is always a great hit with families, thank you for staying with us. Good news we have update all our wireless to accomodate all the new electronics (to date).
Chapel Hill, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2012

Waterpark is to die for! If you have kids with you, this is the place to stay! The staff is great! But, if you are traveling on business, it does get a bit noisey. Beds are very comfortable and rooms clean!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
We need more guests like you! Thank you for your great comments.
Maplewood
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2012

Whenever I am in Sioux Falls (about once a year) I always stay at the Ramada Inn Airport. The staff is always very courteous (even the maid!). Check in and check out is always very quick. On occasion I have my niece and nephew with me and they love the water park. The area is always clean with plenty of towels. The tiki bar is nice and they have a nice selection of food on their menu for both adults and children.

Room Tip: They have rooms that are located around the pool. They also have rooms that are away from the pool...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
We agree, a great hotel and restaurant with a wonderful staff. Thank you for staying with us.
Maple Grove, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2012

We came for a wedding and since the reception was at the Ramada, we booked our rooms there. Making reservations was a snap and they really worked hard to get the rooms we wanted. When we arrived we were checked in without a problem and front desk was VERY courteous. Our rooms were impeccable. Housekeeping staff was considerate, quick and very friendly. We never left the hotel, choosing to eat at the restaurant. Food was fabulous. Also, I had a roast beef sandwich and asked the waitperson if they had horseradish sauce. She went to check and when she came back, the kitchen had MADE THE SAUCE JUST FOR ME!! Check out was a breeze. Everyone from front desk, wait staff and housekeeping were the best! I would definitely stay here again and would recommend anyone going to Sioux Falls to stay here. Oh, it was St. Patrick's day weekend AND State basketball tournament. We were treated to bagpipe players in the hotel that were going to be in the parade the next day. Value: Two queens beds and a great experience for under a $100? I mean....really?

Room Tip: Check reviews and ask family and friends. Don't be afraid to ask questions when making your res...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
We are so luck to have the bagpipe players to visit us for the last 5 years on St. Patricks Day weekend. You wrote so many nice compliments that I really want to thank you for. You made our day, glad our great guest services stood out.
Bruce, South Dakota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2012

We've stayed at this property a couple of times and, like another reviewer said, it's slowly going downhill. Our "poolside" room wasn't actually poolside. Yes, it was down the hall from the pool but for the $179 they charge for a poolside room, it's not exactly poolside.

The minute we walked in our room, I could immediately smell cigarette smoke. Throughout the entire room. When I opened the bathroom door, the cigarette smoke was overwhelming. I called the front desk right away and they sent a manager in who agreed it smelled like cigarette smoke. He offered us a discount on our room our an upgrade, which was on the 2nd floor. We chose the discount as we had 6 young children and 4 elderly adults, two of which don't do stairs well. The mgr then sent in someone from housekeeping to spray something in the bathroom. What he did was spray something on the counter and wipe it off.
We used the bathroom as little as possible and kept the door shut and the fan on the whole time. And we opened the bedroom window for air and cranked up the heat.

Speaking of the bedroom window, since we were on floor level, I checked to make sure the window was locked after we shut it. Turns out it didn't look. There wasn't even a lock on it. As it was late, I just shut the window and the curtain and hoped someone didn't open it.

The pool area is fine. There are few tables and chairs for the amount of people in there. As far as I can tell, the Ramada would have no idea how many people are in the pool area, as far as capacity, which I view as a hazard. There were many, many people in the hot tubs and pools and on the slide. There are no lifeguards in any of the areas and lots of horseplay on the slide.

Overall, it was an okay stay but we will probably not stay there again for that kind of money. The whole place could use a big upgrade and some updating.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
Siouxfall, General Manager at Ramada Sioux Falls Airport Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, March 8, 2012
I am glad our staff was helpful in resolving any room issues. Our waterpark area is a busy area and we do have pool attendants on duty during busy times, as always we ask that the parents be with their children and enjoy the waterpark together. Exciting time at our property upgrades are currently in progress. Hope you will return.
Western, MN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2012

We have stayed here 3 times with our 4 kids and each time has been wonderful! The rooms are basic, but the pool area is fantastic. We have never had a problem with anything. In the process of trying to get another room booked for the month of March.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for staying with us and look forward to you returning.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sioux Falls
4.0 of 5 stars 540 reviews
Sheraton Sioux Falls & Convention Center
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Sioux Falls - Brandon
Sioux Falls ClubHouse Hotel & Suites

Been to Ramada Sioux Falls Airport Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!