“Pleasantly Surprised”
Review of Ramada Sioux Falls

Ramada Sioux Falls
Ranked #47 of 54 Hotels in Sioux Falls
Reviewed May 1, 2012

After making a reservation for Ramada's birthday party package I read several negative reviews related to this hotel. I was worried that I would have to deal with poor service for my daughter's birthday party. I must say that I was very pleasantly surprised when I checked in. The staff at the front desk greeted me very politely and professionally. Another staff person met me in the parking lot with a luggage cart before I was even parked by the exit closest to my room. The room was very clean and comfortably decorated. The bar and service staff that supported the dinner portion of our party package were some of the best service professionals I have had in a very long time. The pool was staffed and well equipped for my daughter and her friends. I would definitely recommend this to anyone looking for a reasonably priced birthday party package for their child or just for a night away.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Sheila K

Reviewed April 7, 2012

This place is a total dive located in the dumpy part of town. The staff was rude and the place was far from clean. The room we reserved we didn't get because there was an "unexpected stay over" so they gave us a different room. When we asked if we could get our money back they said no because we paid in cash. What? Who does that? Pretty sure every hotel's policy is to accomodate the traveler. The "unexpected stay over" should of had to move to a different room since it was already reserved for that night. We finally got our money back and went to the Holiday Inn. Much better experience there! I wouldn't want my worst enemy to stay at the Ramada! I was waiting for cockroaches to start crawling out of the walls. What a crap hole!

Room Tip: From now on I won't be reserving rooms - I will go to the hotel and ask to see the room for myse...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 16, 2012

This was a great place to take a weekend vacation! Very comfortable and clean!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed February 29, 2012

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Dustin M
Reviewed February 9, 2012

Great price yes but the rooms were terrible, staff was rude and they lied about the banquet room. We had Christmas and booked 5 rooms for 2 nights plus the "banquet room". They did not have enough tables, we took the pool room tables, the pool was closed half the time we were there and then when it opened there was so much chlorine people got sick from it. The rooms were a disaster, falling apart or broken stuff. Then to top it off the manager of the hotel was yelling and swearing at the children including ours. Then they did not take the hold off my credit card for a MONTH! This place is horrible. We left and went to a different hotel.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank HKPeterson
Reviewed January 30, 2012

We stay here once a year and only for one night, but the service continues to be great. The rooms are nice and I like that the vanity is outside of the bathroom so it allows two people to "get ready" at the same time.

The breakfast in the morning is great as well. A variety of fruit, cereal, biscuits and gravy, waffles, milk, juice, toast/bagels/english muffins, and of course muffins!

We didn't get checked into our room until 10p.m. but that was not a problem (and we didn't call a head to let them know). I also appreciate how we've NEVER had a problem with not having a room (due to over-booking, loosing a reservation, etc.)

Thanks again for a CLEAN room and great service!

Room Tip: We had a room on the second floor and it was great.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 31, 2011

I asked for and received a ground floor room. It was supposedly non-smoking, but smelled like stale cigar smoke. The window opened and I was able to air the room a bit. There wasn't a lot of noise proofing and apparently people were dancing or something and it was quite noisy late at night. That said, the room was reasonably clean with new carpet, paint, wallpaper, and sink vanity. A microwave and refrigerator were furnished. There was a nice breakfast with cereal, hard boiled eggs, fruit, muffins, juices, waffles, and I think maybe biscuits and gravy. The motel had a large vacant lot adjacent and it was great for exercising pets. If you need to attend an event at the fairgrounds, this is a perfect place to stay. it's easy to reach from I-29. The only downside is there is only fast food available in the area, however, it's a short 5 minute drive south to find good restaurants.

Room Tip: Downstairs rooms are noisy from rooms above.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo