“Super 8, 48080N.Cliff Ave, Sioux Falls So.Dak.57104” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Super 8 Airport I90

Super 8 Airport I90
Ranked #47 of 52 Hotels in Sioux Falls
Lacey, Washington
“Super 8, 48080N.Cliff Ave, Sioux Falls So.Dak.57104”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2012

We were very happy when we checked in at Super 8, Sioux Falls So.Dak. They staff did not treat us as a customer, but as part of their family, always pleasant whether it was over the phone or in person.

Their names are: Denise, Elizabeth, Dayna, Ashley, Mary, also the rest of the crew that I failed to get their names. ( sorry). For instance I was cold as my Husband likes the temp to be -30, I called down to the desk to ask for another blanket, It was at my door before I could even hang up the phone and said Thanks.

We stayed at alot of the Super 8 Motels in the adjoining cities and towns, Always and I mean always, the staff treated you like you were the King and Queen of any Country.

I have already and will always to this day encourage our friends, if you want to stay in a clean, friendly, Pleasant Atmosphere, stay at a Super Motel..

Thanks again to all the staff of Super 8 motel, We will always book to stay at a Super 8 Motel.

God Bless
Thanks

Charyl & Jen Marlow
4515 16th ave S.E.
Lacey, Washington 98503-2629

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2012

This hotel is like a split level with the lower floor below ground making the room feel dank and gloomy and with a slight odour. It is old, has no counter space in the washroom. When I asked where to plug in the toaster the man at the front desk just said it was broken a few days ago. The place needs freshening up, a complete make over.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
fortmillsc
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2012

This was definitely our worst stay of a 2+ week, 26 state tour. There was mold in the rooms/bathroom. The mold was bad enough to where even I could smell it. Non of us showered that night. The room was tidy, but the mold overrules any good aspects.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2012

Right off the freeway, it was perfect for us to grab some zzz's and easily find our way back to I-90. The evening concierge was extremely friendly and very helpful. She was knowledgable on local delivery food services. The morning guy, ehhh not so much. I remember asking whether the state bird was a pheasant because they had pictures all over the place (I thought everyone learned about their state in school..) he says, "ha, like I have time to think about things like that" ..huh? Rude. Then he got upset with me because I paid for my souvenirs in cash. And the bathrooms, never once have I seen a clean Super 8 tub.

• Stayed June 2012
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2012

Normally we don’t have negative opinions about a hotel, since we know that traveling is hard and some people abuse their hotel rooms. We understand that the staff is there 365 days of the year and that they will have their bad days. We ask for a safe, clean, friendly place where we can be left alone, lay our heads, and leave while grabbing a doughnut on the way out.
This was day 2 of our 15 day vacation and we had only driven 6 hours for the day. (June 9th, 2012) We decided that 7 of the 9 hotels would be Super 8's, because they always have been accommodating to us and the price is right. We chose this location because it was off the interstate, had a McDonald’s near by, and was not to far from Falls Park. The road in front was under construction and was narrowed to two way traffic. A plus because traffic was slow and you were able to get into the lot easier.
Upon entering the lobby, there was a sign posted, that read that all construction workers should take off their boots before entering. I thought nothing of it because the lobby seemed clean and well maintained. We checked in, went to our room, and turned on the a/c because the room was a little damp. There were three cars in the lot at the time and we figured it would be a good time to kick off our shoes and hook up to the free WIFI: 3 smart phones, 2 lap tops, and the WII. There was a weak signal that was detected by one of the gadgets from the Super 8 and a slightly stronger one from the hotel next door. I contacted the front desk and was informed that she would be unplugging some items in the next ten minutes and that would free up some bandwidth. 30 minutes later there was still nothing. Oh well, we planned ahead and enabled the Iphone to be a hotspot and we were in touch with the 21st century again.
I then followed my wife's lead and decided it was time for a shower. As I started the water, I noticed black dirt running off my feet and assumed it was because I had slipped off my sandals during he drive and actuality had stepped out barefoot once to get gas. I was shocked to realize that the carpet was not black with blue stripes, but blue and dirty. After walking barefoot from the shower to the bed, my feet were once again black. We realized that the hotel was now full and we would just wear shoes because there was no chance of getting another room and were not about to pay for another hotel. We thought that we would talk to the desk clerk and maybe they would knock a few bucks off and have it corrected by our return stay in about 10 days.
We then left for the Falls Park light show and on our return I stopped by the desk to tell them about the room. I was the first in line and made a comment on how they were busy. The desk jockey looked at me and informed me that he was very busy and walked away. Really? Game on. Here is the list of all the other items that my family and I were willing to put up with. The toilet rocked when you sat on it and flushed every twenty minutes like old faithful. To bad we weren’t staying in Yellowstone. There was food under the bed, and it wasn't ours. The emergency plan was for the wrong floor. The instructions on how to lock the door was for an old style lock with a push button. The mattresses were old and you could feel the springs and see them. Add that to the toilet, and no one got a good night sleep. The exterior door did not lock and was entered by anyone with or without a key. The best one was on the back of the door. It showed the price of the room per night. They had listed $150. Really? It's a Super 8. A Super 8 in Sioux Falls. (No offense to Sioux Falls but that price usually includes a lake front view)
As I checked out early the next morning, I wanted to inform them of the carpet and that I would be canceling my reservation, but they were complaining on how busy they were. I did notice that they could not even replenish the breakfast room. So much for my doughnut In their defense the lobby was full of young teenage girls.
When I did call to cancel, they could not locate my information and told me not to worry about it. Ashley suddenly found my reservation after I mentioned I had a confirmation number.
It should be noted that the other Super 8's were outstanding and were were very happy with them. I would and do recommend Super 8 to any family traveling. They are affordable and usually the staff makes up for any deficiencies. And any problems are usually not worth mentioning.
There is another Super 8 that we stayed in on the return trip (10th St) and enjoyed. But if you had no other choice but this one, I would suggest sleeping in your car. It's cleaner and you will get a better night's sleep.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank fohrward
Red Deer, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2012

We had a long travel day & pulled in late at night & no time to check around. There are few others on the same block that could have been better. The room had a bad smell as soon as you walk in the door, but did not affect the stay, only on first entry. The beds were old & uncomfortable & mine slanted to one side. For the price I would go elsewhere & will not stay here on my return trip in August.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Rapid City, South Dakota
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2012

Me and a couple buddies were staying in Sioux Falls for a few days, and I have to say, we would've prefered something with a little more to it. It would be fine if you were just passing through, but the severe lack of anything and the distance from downtown make this a poor choice for anyone other than travelers.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends