“Sweet little spot in downtown Sioux Falls!”

Bros Brasserie Americano
Ranked #68 of 414 Restaurants in Sioux Falls
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed June 10, 2013

My sister and I visited this cute little restaurant while in Sioux Falls last weekend. I didn't realize Sioux Falls had such a charming downtown area. We were there later on a Saturday evening and I will go back to explore this area a bit more. This restaurant seems to be a pretty popular spot. Tables were mostly full and there were 2 very large groups gathered in the bar area. The food is good. I ordered a salad and the hangar steak with mashers and asparagus. The salad was fresh and light. The beef dish had good flavor and was nicely prepared. It was highly salted which was a little bit of a negative but other than that very good. It was quite a large portion as was my sister's osso buco (which she also enjoyed). I ordered the featured wine (chardonnay) which was a bit funky so I would maybe recommend sticking with a favorite wine vs venturing out with their current featured wine. The only other thing I wasn't real big on was the lighting which seemed a bit bright for this type of restaurant. However, this was a very nice dining experience.

Reviewed May 31, 2013

We were in town for one night. Our family walked Phillips Ave and looked at many menus in windows. This place has a great outdoor seating area. Service was excellent, very knowledgeable waiter who answered all of our questions. The food was just fabulous. We had four different entrees and each was fantastic. We all shared and it was excellent. The bread pudding for dessert was to die for!!!!!! After living in major cities in the U.S. ( New York, Chicago) I never expected such a great dining experience in Sioux Falls, but this was just great. Great place, great food, great ambiance.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Excellent specials, The fish was amazing! (it was Wahoo, they called it by its "AKA" Ono) I tried some of my girlfriends dish and it was good too (Pork tenderloin) my only recommendation is to order the pork well done, we sent it back (originally ordered medium so no fault to the establishment) but it was just to chewy. Once they brought it up to well done the texture and flavors were definitely better. The BEST Antipasti plate I have seen in this city. Server was great too, was not offended by us asking to cook the pork more. Great work Bros.

Reviewed May 18, 2013

At the edge of Phillips Avenue is this gem of a restaurant. Thanks to unplanned break at work was able to sneak in here for lunch. Everything on the menu looked good, so I went with something I never had before the duck tacos & had a great tomato bisque beforehand. The portion for the tacos was plenty, which was a good surprise. If ever Sioux Falls, check this place out.

Reviewed May 15, 2013

More expensive than I expected, but all said and done - it was so worth the price! Wow, it was amazing food, very well presented, staff was friendly, attentive and quick. Had the Schroeder Steak Sandwich and a bowl of gumbo. Both were delicious! I'll definitely go again sometime, there were more things on the menu that I'd love to try, especially knowing now what wonderfully talented chefs they have. We were also able to sit outside and enjoy the quieter end of Phillips Ave on a sunny day, can't go wrong with this place.