“Gourmet fare in the heart of downtown”

Bros Brasserie Americano
Ranked #91 of 391 Restaurants in Sioux Falls
Cuisines: American, French, Bar, Pub
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Traverse City, Michigan
“Gourmet fare in the heart of downtown”
Reviewed August 6, 2012

We happened into Bros Brasserie after reviewing its menu. It's very eclectic and wide-ranging. So much so that we wondered if Bros could actually deliver on its potential. By and large, it did. All of the food (admittedly, we did not have appetizers or dessert) was well-prepared and delicious. Moreover, since we were there on a Tuesday, they have all day Happy Hour where their array of craft draft beers are available at two-for-one prices. Better yet, they let you select two different beers for that promotion. Thus, my wife and I could sample four different, and hard-to-find, options.

I would love to give Bros five stars. For the food, yes. The service was fair at best (the waiter did not check back with we had finished our food, and neglected to bring the sweetener for one of our party's iced tea until reminded--twice). The dining room in which we were seated (facing the kitchen) gets *VERY* hot. The windows face west, thus, late in the day the sun blazes in--and there are no blinds or shades. No ceiling fans, either. Add a nearby kitchen, and the room gets beyond toasty. That might be a great feature in February, but in July, when it's 95 outside, um, not so much.

For SF, Bros is a tad pricey. But for the quality of the food and the preparation, it's worth it.

• Visited July 2012

“Awesome food”
Reviewed July 31, 2012 via mobile

Wonderful ambitious menu executed superbly. I shared my wild mushroom risotto with my husband who had pork belly with potato gnocci. Both amazing! Lots of delicious micro brew beer choices on tap Was seated on the kitchen side on hot July day and AC was not cool enough. Service was fair. Dessert menu not impressive. Food would bring me back.

Sioux Falls, South Dakota
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“My fav!”
Reviewed May 29, 2012

These gentlemen know the fine arts of food. A wonderful little establishment as well as coffee and multiple beers and wines. Reasonably priced. Well worth a visit!

• Visited May 2012
Middleton, Wisconsin
“Overpriced, loud, hot”
Reviewed May 28, 2012

Really expensive for what you get. A cup of soup is $5. The waiter was kind of rude and also they sat us at the hottest table right in the sun even though there were other ones available. Extremely loud. Couldn't hear anything.

Visited May 2012
1 Thank Kristi S
Kandel, Germany
“Missed the mark in several small ways.”
Reviewed April 21, 2012

While overall, in several ways, dining here was a nice experience, Bros also missed the mark enough times that I have to give it just an average rating. Service was good and the food was tasty. Presentation was weak -- I don't care for my steak pushed into my mashed potatoes. Also, I ordered my steak less than "medium" but it was very well done. I had heard the cheesecake was great and it was okay, at best. Hopefully, others were better. The atmosphere was cheery and pleasant. I thought the window seat would be great; unfortunately, when the sun continued setting it was bright and direct into the eyes and they had no way of mitigating it. No blinds or window coverings of any kind. Only a fixed awning outside that was not adjustable to accommodate diners. My first two experiences there were shortly after it opened, but locals suggested it was much improved and were eager to go, so I acquiesced. There was no doubt the experience was better than the first two visits, but overall, I was disappointed that I can not call it a fine or great dining experience. Items were priced to put it in a higher league, in which it is not.

• Visited April 2012