“Just Great”

SpringHill Suites by Marriott Sioux Falls
Ranked #24 of 53 Hotels in Sioux Falls
Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

We very much enjoyed our stay. It is true they are still renovating. The pool was open but small. The breakfast area was a bit small but the food was very good. The room was comfortable and modern. Only a shower and no bathtub.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Sara L, General Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Sioux Falls, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2014

Dear Jeffrey26_11,

I appreciate your nice words regarding your recent stay at the SpringHill Suites Sioux Falls and happy you enjoyed your stay. Our renovation is progressing and I appreciate your understanding that our temporary breakfast room is a bit smaller than our usual space as we are working diligently in getting our lobby space back open. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and I look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed June 28, 2014

Excellent hotel. Accommodations were well suited for our needs. Plenty of room to spread out. It is a little tricky to find, even using the GPS. You can see the hotel, but there are no signs on the road. Hotel was under some changes while we were there, so the lobby and breakfast area were a bit small. Pool was closed on the day we arrived. But, opened the next day.

Room Tip: As always, unless you're an early riser, get a room on the west side of the hotel.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Sara L, General Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Sioux Falls, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2014

Dear KCallahan47,

Thank you for the great review about your recent stay at the SpringHill Suites Sioux Falls! I appreciate your understanding as we finished the pool renovations up the day of your arrival and glad you were able to utilize our new refreshed space while you were here. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and I look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed June 22, 2014

And had a very comfortable stay here. Room was spacious and clean and all was in order. Breakfast was good...couldn't ask for more. It was easy to find and well maintained, and the studio was more than sufficient for our family of three. I am always pleased with the Marriott family.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Sara L, General Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Sioux Falls, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2014

Dear traveler476,

Thank you for the great review of your stay at the SpringHill Suites Sioux Falls! I'm happy that your family was comfortable for your stay and enjoyed our amenities. I look forward to seeing you again next time you are passing through Sioux Falls.

Reviewed June 22, 2014

Spent a night here while my son attended a basketball camp at UND. The hotel was very clean and orderly. Room was nice and had no concerns. Would stay again. Nice comfortable look and feel in the common areas and modern rooms.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family

Dear Len M,

Thank you for the kind words in regards to your recent stay at the SpringHill Suites Sioux Falls. I look forward to seeing you back next time you are in Sioux Falls!

Reviewed June 16, 2014

I just got back from a 2-night stay here for a soccer tourney. We booked our room in the beginning of March and we picked this hotel for several reasons that included free breakfast, swimming pool for our players, fitness center for parents, nice lobby to meet in, a group price for our team and the bigger rooms. Well... 4 days before we were to leave we received an email entitled..."Springhill Suites Renovation ALERT" which proceeded to say that the lobby/front desk area is under construction, the Pool was CLOSED, the fitness center CLOSED, the free breakfast would be served in a meeting room. Here is my problem with all of this. This hotel DEFINITELY KNEW about this major renovation when we made our reservations but did not say anything to us because they knew we would not book with them and we wouldn't have knowing this information! Hotels do not make major renovations without months of prior planning. I think this is totally false advertising and I would not stay here! I will add that they made arrangements for guests to use the pool at the Marriott Courtyard Hotel but we had to walk to it. Also, we could have complimentary passes to a fitness center but we had to schedule transportation through the front desk and who is going to mess with all that time! Finally, about that "special group rate" we thought we were getting...well, just to check, I went on as just your average person booking a room and guess what, the rate was the same online as our "special rate!" So needless to say, I was not very pleased with the Springhill Suites experience. When we complained about the fact they did not tell us about the renovations when we made our reservations & that the rate charged was no different for our group, they gave us a very small discount on our rooms! I was quite surprised that they didn't put their guests first in solving these issues. On a positive note, the rooms were big and the bathrooms were very big. Final advice, do not stay here especially while this renovation is going on.

Room Tip: Choose lower floors because there is only ONE elevator and you will spend a lot of your time waiting...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Sara L, General Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Sioux Falls, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2014

Dear Circle of Friends,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on Trip Advisor regarding your experience with the SpringHill Suites Sioux Falls. I apologize that your recent stay was not satisfactory and appreciate your feedback.

Our number one goal is to provide each guest has a great hotel experience. Please be assured that we are working to complete the renovation as soon as possible and are taking many steps to try to avoid guest disappointment with the amenities and the hotel. I know this particular stay was not convenient and we truly appreciate your understanding. Working through a hotel renovation is never easy but the ultimate result with provide better and more up-to-date services and space for our guests. Tile will be complete in the lobby within days and the majority of the renovation will be completed mid-Summer.

Again, I am truly sorry for the inconvenience you experienced. I do hope you come visit us again; the renovation will be very well worth the wait. We would like to regain your trust and we hope you will allow us an opportunity to provide you with an exceptional guest experience when your travels bring you back to Sioux Falls.

Thank you again for your understanding and for your loyalty to the Marriott brand!

Reviewed May 26, 2014

Very pleasant stay with proper comfort. Clean and very well maintain. I stayed there for two weeks and I can't complain about anything. Everything was just perfect...maybay breakfast was just.. The same. For two weeks of my stay I was a bit tired of the same thing everyday, but this is just tiny thing. Nothing serious.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Sara L, General Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Sioux Falls, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2014

Dear hubert0880,

Thank you for staying with us at the SpringHill Suites for two weeks while you were in Sioux Falls. I appreciate your complimentary review regarding your stay with us and look forward to having you again when you are in Sioux Falls next.

Reviewed May 23, 2014

This hotel is clean, the beds are really comfortable, the service is great, and the breakfast is good. I give this a 4 instead of a 5 because the water pressure in the shower could be better and the television was positioned awkwardly. Very difficult to get such a good hotel at this price in other cities.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends

Dear goop333,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the SpringHill Suites on your recent trip to Sioux Falls. I appreciate your excellent comments about our staff service as we take pride in offering the best customer experience during your stay. We offer a great value at the SpringHill Suites including a hot complimentary breakfast and appreciate you recommending staying with us!