“Modern and clean” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #25 of 52 Hotels in Sioux Falls
Duluth, Minnesota
“Modern and clean”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

This was a one night stop over from the Black Hills to home. I found this hotel to be very modern and new (five years old). The pool area is really small, we walked over to the Courtyard right next door because theirs was bigger and they had a hot tub also. We also ate there as the Springhill suites has no bar/restaurant. They did have a nice breakfast in the morning though. The room was nice, we had a king with a pull-out couch. Roomy and clean. They made good use of all space in the room. Nice bath with shower stall, no tub. Staff was friendly. Good place to stay.

1 Thank TravelfromDuluth
Sara L, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Sioux Falls, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Dear TravelfromDuluth,

Thank you for taking the time to let others know about your stay at the SpringHill Suites Sioux Falls. I appreciate all your nice comments and am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel especially the modern design, friendly staff, and great breakfast that is offered. Please come back and stay with us next time you are passing through!

SpringHill Suites Sioux Falls

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

We stayed here for one night during a two-week road trip and it was excellent for our needs, particularly being a relatively new build. Though not downtown Sioux Falls, it is located in an all too typical American out-of-town commercial area with the Empire Mall within walking distance and a small number of chain restaurants nearby. There do not appear to be many hotel choices in the proper downtown district of Sioux Falls so this sufficed. The décor is modern and pretty minimalist in a good way! The room was very spacious and well appointed with an excellent, large shower room. The staff were friendly and helpful though the lady at Reception was unable to provide local maps and seemed unsure where to look, perhaps she was new. That aside we enjoyed staying and were pleasantly surprised by the variety and quality of the breakfast; it actually matched the photographs in the elevator! We walked to the Texas Steak House for dinner (see separate review), which was about five minutes across the large parking lots and was the only decent looking place to eat, within walking distance.

Room Tip: Just bear in mind that the hotel is not downtown per say but is next to the Empire Mall.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
Sara L, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Sioux Falls, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Dear travelpassion,

Thank you for taking the time for writing a review on the SpringHill Suites by Marriott Sioux Falls. It is fantastic to hear that our modern, spacious rooms met your needs and that our front desk team was able to assist you with the local area! We have recently changed our breakfast with many new healthy options so I'm glad that you enjoyed our offerings. Your kind words are much appreciated, and I hope you come visit us again when you are back in Sioux Falls!

Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013 via mobile

We stopped here on one night of a long road trip. It's a typical Springhill which we like because we have 3 kids and need the space.

Rooms are nice. Be advised that our room at least did not have a tub but only a shower. My only gripe is the shower was a bit dirty. There was some mildew and what looked like ground in dirt on the shower base.

Breakfast was good. It included eggs, sausage, fresh grapes and strawberries, ham, cheese, oatmeal, Greek yogurt, name brand cereal (including Kashi and Kellogg's granola), and typical breakfast breads and muffins.

Staff was fine but not overly friendly.

This hotel is a good option. We paid less than half what we paid for a nice as nice place in Rapid City, so we felt like we got a good deal here.

• Stayed August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars
Sara L, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Sioux Falls, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
Dear ProfandMom,

Thank you for your nice comments in regards to your recent stay at the SpringHill Suites. I'm happy to hear you found great value in our property including the spacious suites as well as our new breakfast. Thank you for staying with us I hope that you will come back and stay again on your next trip to South Dakota!

Sioux Falls, South Dakota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

I was highly impressed by the large space each room had. The beds were comfortable and the furniture was well maintained. Front desk staff is friendly and welcoming. However, I did have one complaint. My friends and I stayed at this location for a small get together. Around check-out time, we started loading up our cars and needed to leave some items in the room. When we returned to grab the rest of the stuff, the cleaning service was already turning over our room. We hadn't even checked out yet. I appreciate the promptness of their service, but I thought it was extremely rude since we still had many things in the room.

overall, this experience was great, minus the service incident.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars
Sara L, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Sioux Falls, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Dear Tina C,

Thank you for your review on your stay at the SpringHill Suites Sioux Falls. I am happy that you enjoyed the large room accommodations and how welcoming and friendly the front desk staff was. I appreciate your comments in regards to your check out as I will follow up with our housekeeping team. Thank you for staying with us, we hope to see you back again!

SpringHill Suites, Sioux Falls
Chicago, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

Great staff, great rooms, top notch breakfast. Good stopping place! Good stopover place. Accommodated late checkin. No problems. Had King suite: pull out coach was what you would expect. Only big enough for one.

Dear Gshey,

Thank you very much for your wonderful comments about our great staff, rooms, and top notch breakfast which is new! I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay and thank you for letting others know as well. We look forward to seeing you again at the SpringHill Suites Sioux Falls!

SpringHill Suites
Sioux Falls
Minneapolis, MN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

Last time I was in Sioux Falls I stayed at the new Holiday Inn express and was very happy. When my family and I were here this time around there was a regional kids softball thing so there were no rooms available. I booked a room with springhill suites and was concerned about some of the reviews. Overall, this place was great. The building and facilities are nice, new, clean. The front desk staff were helpful and friendly. The breakfast was good and they kept it stocked despite hordes of kids making waffles. I expressed my concerns about street noise and despite very few rooms available the manager put us in a room away from the freeway. After a long time on the road we needed to do some laundry and were happy to find the laundry facilities clean and convenient. My complaints center around the design. Given that you are building a hotel off the freeway (convenient) and by the largest mall in the region with lots of parking, why don't you put in thicker panes on the windows? We had a good amount of parking lot noise. None of the kids woke up but my wife and I heard the motorcycles all night. Another isue was that the large air conditioner was directly next to the bed. It was frigid. The second night I built up a little wall of luggage in front of the air conditioner so that the cool air would come in to the room but not ice sleepers! Finally, the spaces around the door and the frame were pretty large. If you remember the twilight zone poster with the door with the light coming in, think that. we put a towel to keep the light from flooding in. So, Mr. Hotel architect guy, perhaps you should spend a night or two in the rooms you design. Local staff, kudos to you for making our stay a pleasure

• 5 of 5 stars
Sara L, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Sioux Falls, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Dear GreekMark,

Thank you for letting us know about your recent stay at the SpringHill Suites Sioux Falls. I appreciate your kind comments in regards to the friendly staff, clean environment, and that our breakfast staff did a great job. I will ensure these wonderful comments get passed to our staff as they take a lot of pride is serving our guests. I hope that you will consider staying with us again the next time that you are in town.

Sioux Falls, South Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed at this hotel 3 times in the past couple months while in Sioux Falls on business. It has always been a great stay. Check in is quick, staff is friendly, rooms are large and very comfortable. This hotel will continue to be my first choice when I'm in Sioux Falls.

• Stayed July 2013
Dear RTfrom SD,

Thank you for your wonderful loyalty to our hotel when you are in Sioux Falls. I appreciate your great reviews on our terrific staff and large spacious rooms. I am happy to have you as a regular guest at the SpringHill Suites and look forward to your next stay with us.