“Great hotel”

SpringHill Suites by Marriott Sioux Falls
Ranked #24 of 54 Hotels in Sioux Falls
Reviewed July 17, 2013

I stayed at this Hotel with my 10 year old son for our 1st trip to SD on our way to the Black Hills. This hotel was great, big rooms with couch and desk. Very clean and huge bathroom. We would definitely stay there again. Friendly front desk people also. THe pool is small but otherwise terrific stay.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Sara L, General Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Sioux Falls, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2013

Dear R M,

I am happy that we could be a part of your first experience to South Dakota! Thank you for staying at our location, I am glad you and your son enjoyed our hotel and I appreciate you taking the time to let others know about your stay. I hope you enjoyed your trip to the Black Hills and will be coming back to South Dakota again!

Reviewed July 9, 2013

Two of us stayed here for a couple of nights and enjoyed our stay. We had a 2 queen room and there was plenty of room to move around. The room was clean, and we liked the fridge, microwave and coffee maker which were all useful for us. There was always someone pleasant to assist us at the front desk, and the buffet breakfast had a lot of variety. The hotel seemed to be fairly full, but I never really heard any noise in the hallway, which was nice. The only thing I really did not care for was the lighting in the bathroom, or the sliding, opaque bathroom door. It's an easy on/off from the interstate, and there is a really nice mall close by.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Sara L, General Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Sioux Falls, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

Dear TravelFan5355

Thank you for your wonderful review on our hotel! I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our spacious suites as well as great customer service. Please come back and see us when you are in Sioux Falls next.

Reviewed July 6, 2013

Stayed here last fall and it was in rough shape. The stains mentioned in previous reviews were in our room too....on the carpet and on the sofa. The lobby needed mopping and the room we used for a get together was trashed. We had to clean it ourselves. Felt sorry for the guy at the front desk running to get us a vacuum, new linens etc while trying to check people in.

This property seems really short staffed in maintenance and housekeeping. They really gave us the impression that they are "just trying to get by."

I have no interest in talking to anyone there at this point. The faults are glaringly obvious and it shouldn't take a bad review to point it out.

Room Tip: Site is next to the I-29, the Empire Mall parking lot and Old Chicago's parking lot. Very busy a...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

Dear Newdryer,

I apologize that you did not have a good stay at our location back in November 2012. We strive for the highest of cleanliness levels as well as customer service levels at the SpringHill Suites and I am sorry that you feel you did not receive those high levels. If you would like to discuss your stay from November further, please feel free to call me directly I would be happy to address your concerns.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

There was some road noise, the other reviewer is correct about that. The breakfast was really good and staff was very friendly. I liked the modern rooms and the mirror in the bathroom. The pool was a little smaller than I expected. The only thing better would be a hot tub.

• Stayed: June 2013
Sara L, General Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Sioux Falls, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

Dear kcroyaljosh,

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback about your recent stay at the SpringHill Suites Sioux Falls. I am happy to hear you had a great stay and enjoyed our modern suites! We appreciate you staying with us and look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed June 28, 2013

My son and I stayed at the SpringHill Suites last night and really enjoyed our stay. We had a double queen suite and the beds were very comfortable. My son (12 years old) loved that there were many pillows on his bed and we both enjoyed the two TVs. One TV was in the livingroom area and the other in the bedroom, so we could watch different things at the same time...no more fighting over the remote!

The breakfast was by far the best we have had at a hotel and it didn't cost a thing. There were hot eggs, sausage, fresh fruits, cereals, juices, and the ubiquitous waffles. We really liked it!

The only drawback, and it's not the fault of the hotel, was the pool. it's rather small and there were some teenage boys roughhousing in the pool and swearing, which wasn't ok with me. I did mention it to the front desk and they handled the situation right away.

Overall, not only will we stay at SpringHill Suites the next time we venture to Sioux Falls, but we'll be sure to search them out the next time we travel anyplace. Excellent, excellent stay.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Dear macuser64,

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments in regards to your recent stay with us! It is great to hear that our large suite provided you and your son with comfort. I am very excited that you enjoyed our breakfast, as we have recently upgraded our breakfast to include many new offerings to appeal to everyone! Thank you again for staying with us in Sioux Falls and your loyalty to the SpringHill Suites brand.

Reviewed June 14, 2013

I read the other reviews, but I have to say, on a two-week trip this was one of the better-night stays. I love the layout of a SpringHill room. It's ultra-modern and spacious. There are two flat-screen TV's and a fridge and a desk area with free wi-fi and the bathroom is roomy. We did have an issue with the blinking green light of the smoke detector reflecting into the mirror by the beds, so we covered the mirror with a towell. Breakfast selection was great. We must've had a quiet room away from the interstate, because we all slept like rocks.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Sara L, General Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Sioux Falls, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

Dear WesternBusiness,

Thank you for your wonderful comments about the SpringHill Suites. I am so happy that our modern and spacious rooms were a perfect fit for you while on your vacation. Please come back and stay next time you are coming through Sioux Falls!

Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

Nice contemporary hotel close to the interstate. Ask for a room away from the highway, get a good night sleep and get on your way to the next destination after a fine breakfast. Sleeper sofa makes staying with two teenage kids a breeze.

• Stayed: June 2013

Dear KC-four-to-travel,

Thank you for writing a review on your stay with us. I am happy to hear that you had a pleasant stay at our location and that the room was very accommodating for your needs. We look forward to you staying at the SpringHill Suites upon your next return trip to Sioux Falls.