“Everything was great!”

Ranked #25 of 53 Hotels in Sioux Falls
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Everything was great!”
Reviewed June 28, 2013

My son and I stayed at the SpringHill Suites last night and really enjoyed our stay. We had a double queen suite and the beds were very comfortable. My son (12 years old) loved that there were many pillows on his bed and we both enjoyed the two TVs. One TV was in the livingroom area and the other in the bedroom, so we could watch different things at the same time...no more fighting over the remote!

The breakfast was by far the best we have had at a hotel and it didn't cost a thing. There were hot eggs, sausage, fresh fruits, cereals, juices, and the ubiquitous waffles. We really liked it!

The only drawback, and it's not the fault of the hotel, was the pool. it's rather small and there were some teenage boys roughhousing in the pool and swearing, which wasn't ok with me. I did mention it to the front desk and they handled the situation right away.

Overall, not only will we stay at SpringHill Suites the next time we venture to Sioux Falls, but we'll be sure to search them out the next time we travel anyplace. Excellent, excellent stay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Sara L, General Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Sioux Falls, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Dear macuser64,

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments in regards to your recent stay with us! It is great to hear that our large suite provided you and your son with comfort. I am very excited that you enjoyed our breakfast, as we have recently upgraded our breakfast to include many new offerings to appeal to everyone! Thank you again for staying with us in Sioux Falls and your loyalty to the SpringHill Suites brand.

SpringHill Suites Sioux Falls

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Cody, Wyoming
Reviewed June 14, 2013

I read the other reviews, but I have to say, on a two-week trip this was one of the better-night stays. I love the layout of a SpringHill room. It's ultra-modern and spacious. There are two flat-screen TV's and a fridge and a desk area with free wi-fi and the bathroom is roomy. We did have an issue with the blinking green light of the smoke detector reflecting into the mirror by the beds, so we covered the mirror with a towell. Breakfast selection was great. We must've had a quiet room away from the interstate, because we all slept like rocks.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Sara L, General Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Sioux Falls, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Dear WesternBusiness,

Thank you for your wonderful comments about the SpringHill Suites. I am so happy that our modern and spacious rooms were a perfect fit for you while on your vacation. Please come back and stay next time you are coming through Sioux Falls!

SpringHill Suites Sioux Falls
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

Nice contemporary hotel close to the interstate. Ask for a room away from the highway, get a good night sleep and get on your way to the next destination after a fine breakfast. Sleeper sofa makes staying with two teenage kids a breeze.

• Stayed June 2013
Dear KC-four-to-travel,

Thank you for writing a review on your stay with us. I am happy to hear that you had a pleasant stay at our location and that the room was very accommodating for your needs. We look forward to you staying at the SpringHill Suites upon your next return trip to Sioux Falls.

Des Moines
Reviewed May 16, 2013

Booked into Springhill suites in Sioux Falls by the mall. Nice facility. Great desk staff. Room was very nice. The pointer is to ask for a room away from the interstate! It worked and the room was great. Also, the breakfast was good. Good value for the money. They do have a TV package that was complex. You hit guide on the remote like their instructions said, but it never powered up! Their instructions could be sketchy. Room 104 had no working TV! No problem because the business area of the suite gave excellent internet access. I did like the room and the location was good.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away fom the interstate!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Sara L, General Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Sioux Falls, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Dear happybeach2003,

Thank you very much for reviewing the SpringHill Suites. I'm very pleased that you had a great stay with us. Thank you for commenting how great our front desk staff was, and that you enjoyed the breakfast and your room. I do apologize that you had troubles with your TV in your room, thank you for leaving the room number so we could ensure it was working for the next guest. We appreciate you staying, and please come visit us again when you are in town next.

Okoboji, Iowa
Reviewed May 12, 2013

First let me begin by stating that the staff was wonderful. Easy check in and parking. Got to my room and it was contemporary and I liked that but the couch had stains which were kind of gross. I had read the review about the noise from traffic and thought "how bad can it be?" I travel a lot and you usually have some road noise. I think I heard every vehicle that drove by on the interstate which made sleeping very difficult. I'm not sure how they can fix it so if you want quiet -- go somewhere else.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Dear IATraveler3614,

Thank you for letting us know about your stay, and for your excellent comment regarding the staff service. I will make sure this gets passed along as the staff strives to provide an exceptional level of customer service. If you have a moment to contact me I would like to research what room you were in so I can further address the noise issues that you experienced during your stay.

Seattle, WA
Reviewed April 17, 2013

As a constant business traveler, I have stayed in many hotels, but never a SpringHill. I am glad that I finally tried one.

The Sioux Falls SpringHill is located next to the freeway and near the shopping mall. There is a restaurant close enough to walk to. The property is recently renovated in a modern theme. There is a pool and small workout room. The accomodations are roomy, fresh, clean and I especially liked the bathroom. Once again, a great concept to use shower stalls instead of bathtubs. I wish more hotels would follow suit. The front desk staff was friendly and quick.

I will use the Springhill on my next visit to Sioux Falls. Give it a try.

Room Tip: Ask to be away from the freeway
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Sara L, General Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Sioux Falls, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Dear Escaping Seattle,

Thank you for your wonderful review of the SpringHill Suites. I am very pleased that you had such a great stay and will pass along your comments to the staff as well. We look forward to seeing you again when you are in Sioux Falls next!

Reviewed April 14, 2013

First, we couldn't find how to get into parking lot. Ended up parking in adjacent hotel parking lot. Staff wasn't pleasant upon our arrival. Rooms were noisy. Heard noises all night long. Bed was squishy and worn out. Breakfast attendant was not pleasant at all! Overall, not a good night for what I had to pay! We won't be back.

• Stayed April 2013
Dear JackMorg,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay. I do apologize that your stay was not a great experience as that is what we strive for at the SpringHill Suites. I would love to talk to you further in regards to your stay as I would like to see you come back and stay with us again. Please feel free to contact me at your convenience.