“Disappointed”

Ranked #24 of 53 Hotels in Sioux Falls
Okoboji, Iowa
“Disappointed”
Reviewed May 12, 2013

First let me begin by stating that the staff was wonderful. Easy check in and parking. Got to my room and it was contemporary and I liked that but the couch had stains which were kind of gross. I had read the review about the noise from traffic and thought "how bad can it be?" I travel a lot and you usually have some road noise. I think I heard every vehicle that drove by on the interstate which made sleeping very difficult. I'm not sure how they can fix it so if you want quiet -- go somewhere else.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Sara L, General Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Sioux Falls, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Dear IATraveler3614,

Thank you for letting us know about your stay, and for your excellent comment regarding the staff service. I will make sure this gets passed along as the staff strives to provide an exceptional level of customer service. If you have a moment to contact me I would like to research what room you were in so I can further address the noise issues that you experienced during your stay.

Sara Lussman

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Seattle, WA
Reviewed April 17, 2013

As a constant business traveler, I have stayed in many hotels, but never a SpringHill. I am glad that I finally tried one.

The Sioux Falls SpringHill is located next to the freeway and near the shopping mall. There is a restaurant close enough to walk to. The property is recently renovated in a modern theme. There is a pool and small workout room. The accomodations are roomy, fresh, clean and I especially liked the bathroom. Once again, a great concept to use shower stalls instead of bathtubs. I wish more hotels would follow suit. The front desk staff was friendly and quick.

I will use the Springhill on my next visit to Sioux Falls. Give it a try.

Room Tip: Ask to be away from the freeway
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Sara L, General Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Sioux Falls, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Dear Escaping Seattle,

Thank you for your wonderful review of the SpringHill Suites. I am very pleased that you had such a great stay and will pass along your comments to the staff as well. We look forward to seeing you again when you are in Sioux Falls next!

Reviewed April 14, 2013

First, we couldn't find how to get into parking lot. Ended up parking in adjacent hotel parking lot. Staff wasn't pleasant upon our arrival. Rooms were noisy. Heard noises all night long. Bed was squishy and worn out. Breakfast attendant was not pleasant at all! Overall, not a good night for what I had to pay! We won't be back.

• Stayed April 2013
Dear JackMorg,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay. I do apologize that your stay was not a great experience as that is what we strive for at the SpringHill Suites. I would love to talk to you further in regards to your stay as I would like to see you come back and stay with us again. Please feel free to contact me at your convenience.

Lester, Iowa
Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

We haved stayed at this hotel numerous times now and have consistently had positive experiences. The only complaint that I have is the road noise which is due to the location near a busy road. The staff are always friendly and willing to help.

• Stayed April 2013
Dear BradleyandCole,

Thank you for your review on our hotel and for your loyalty to us when you are in town. Your comments regarding our friendly staff will certainly be passed along, as the staff takes pride in serving our guests. We look forward to having you again next time you are in Sioux Falls!

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed April 4, 2013

I travel...a lot....and this hotel, even though moderately priced has got to be one of my favorites. I am a beach lover, so of course the first thing I noticed was the decor. Lots of hues of blues and aquas. So calming and relaxing! Everything was so crisp and clean. I wish I would have taken some photos of the room, but I forgot to. They were very nice and I didn't feel like I was in a hotel room. The shower was beautiful! This hotel has really paid attention to the details and have the rooms decorated so you feel you are in a condo more so than being in a hotel. I didn't have the breakfast but it did look good. The location of the hotel is perfect as it is close to shopping and food....two of my favorite things! And, it's right off the interstate. The desk clerk was the only person I came in contact with and she was very pleasant. I will most definitely be staying at this hotel during my next trip to Sioux Falls and will now be on the look out for these hotels when traveling for work.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Sara L, General Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Sioux Falls, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Dear Sandee60,

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments about our hotel. I am so pleased that you enjoyed the unique decor of our rooms and service you received during your stay. We are looking forward to having you again next time you are in Sioux Falls!

Rapid City
Reviewed March 24, 2013

We have always stayed at the SpringHill Suites and have enjoyed their large rooms. We stayed for a basketball tournament this weekend and found cookie crumbs on the floor and in the morning saw that the bedskirt had blood stains that should have been seen by housekeeping and replaced. The overall staff was not very friendly as it always has been in the the past.

It would also be nice if the bathroom doors were not glass as they are right in front of the beds and the first person up in the morning wakes everyone up because of the light shining through.

Room Tip: get a first floor room as elevators extremely slow
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Sara L, General Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Sioux Falls, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
Dear 67584,

We strive to exceed every guests expectations when staying with us, and I'm extremely sorry that we were did not do that for you during your stay. I appreciate your comments so we can address these concerns that they do not happen again, and I would be more than happy to discuss them with you further if you would like to contact me. Thank you for your time and for staying with us while in town.

Woodbury, Minnesota
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Many hotels sacrifice comfort for style or vice versa. This hotel was both modern and comfortable for our family of 5. The beds were great, and the breakfast in the morning was just what family needed. A short drive to either downtown or other attractions in Sioux Falls make this a great stopover or a weekend getaway. I would stay here again.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Sara L, General Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Sioux Falls, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Dear Kswany,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how your stay was. We are very happy that our large suite rooms were the perfect fit for your family of 5! We look forward to having you all stay with us again when you visit Sioux Falls next.