“Convenient and clean.”

Courtyard by Marriott Sioux Falls
Ranked #32 of 53 Hotels in Sioux Falls
Reviewed February 11, 2012

Our room was super comfortable and clean. It's right next to the Empire Mall so great for shopping. The shuttle to and from the airport is free and prompt but a good 15 minutes away.
Check in was a breeze! We would stay again.

Room Tip: Facing away from the highway is quieter. Some rooms don't have tubs so be sure to ask if you wan...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Courtyard by Marriott Sioux Falls

Reviewed December 14, 2011

Stayed here with a team - we were very well taken care of and enjoyed the clean and conveniently located property. Cost was less than a previous stay at the Fairfield but with better amenities. I'd recommend it.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed November 22, 2011

I have stayed at this Courtyard multiple times while on business in the Sioux Falls area. The property is conveniently located, has been remodeled, and is close to restaurants, shopping, and area businesses. The remodeled lobby is spacious with multiple options for meeting colleagues or friends, including the bar area. I tend to prefer Courtyards wherever I travel, and this one meets all the expectations I have.

Room Tip: There is an interstate highway on the west side of the property, but I don't recall it being a p...
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed October 13, 2011

The hotel itself is nice and clean. Everyday I would go outside and sit on the patio or under the pavillion. There is free shuttle service to/from the hotel. Everyone was soooo nice. They would make conversation with you. The Empire Mall is right next door along with popular restaurants and other shops. There was construction on the roads but still easy to enter in and out.
The room has a large shower (no tub). There is a couch and table. I could look at the mall from my window. The whirlpool and swimming pool were nice. The pool was 3 and 4 feet which was great for my first lesson of swimming (LOL). There was a breakfast buffet available under $9. Again, there are other places to eat. Water (flavored with oranges) and coffee were available readily in the lobby. The hotel has a bar where they serve liquor to buy. I never heard air traffic or cars in my room. The room is noise proof. I never heard my neighbors. There were door bells on some rooms I suppose for the hearing impaired. There is a 24 hour exercise room (no, I did not use it!).

My recommendation is to visit the zoo, downtown and the Falls Park. I went to the Michael Bolten concert at the Washington Pavillion. The shutttle drivers are very friendly and love to talk if you are willing. My hat is off to them! The front desk assistants are very friendly and helpful. You really do not need a rental car. Sioux Falls is a very friendly city and not congested for 200K people. It was an amazing experience. Oh, I got a good deal for the hotel cost.

Room Tip: I had a king with a couch in the room. There is several areas of lighting (each side of the bed, lam...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed September 5, 2011

The rooms were clean and attractive. A big flat panel television with a sharp picture. The hotel is actually on the edge of the Empire Mall parking lot so we could walk to the mall easily . There are restaurants close by also. We did not have transportation and the front desk said we could be driven at no extra cost by the hotel van driver anywhere in the city. That was quite helpful. One day the driver was sick so we took the public bus which worked out okay though the stop was on the other side of the mall so we had a long walk.

This was the first time I woke up in a hotel without a sore back. Usually hotel beds are so hard that I wake up with back pain but my bed here was wonderful.

Room Tip: My room was quiet on the third floor, but the pool is on the main floor and I could hear children as...
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 4, 2011

I stayed the hotel for two nights. It is adjacent to the Empire mall, and a short drive from the airport. The rooms are clean and well maintained. I particularly like the desk as it is wide enough to spread documents. There is enough light as well. The breakfast is OK if not impressive. The staff is generaly pleasant, however, some at the front desk are engaged a conversation with a guest, while a few other people are waiting in line for check in. One disappointment was that they had failed to clean the room (they said that I had had "Do not disturb" sign, but I am certain I did not even use it) and reructant to do so when I requested to clean the room when I came back around 5pm. I hope this was an exception.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank PaddingtonTokyo
Reviewed August 22, 2011

Pros:
Good location
Nice beds
Clean

Cons:
Higher cost
No free breakfast