“Extremely nice stay”
Review of Super 8 Redfield

Super 8 Redfield
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Redfield
Reviewed August 5, 2012

This budget hotel exceeded our expectations. We traveled with another couple to attend the Orient 125th Celebration and spent 2 nights - 7/6 & 7/7. Our upper floor rooms were newly and nicely remodeled. The beds were VERY comfortable, the bathrooms were clean and the hotel extremely quiet. We enjoyed our stay and had a more restful nights sleep than at the previous high end hotel. We found the staff accomodating to the point that they made sure our request of a refrigerator in each room was met. The breakfast was nicely done, the area clean and the coffee good & hot. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and had a wonderful visit to your area. Thank you and thank you trip advisor for helping us make the right choice.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
57469super8, Owner at Super 8 Redfield, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor. We strive to make everyone's stay at the Super 8 in Redfield, SD and enjoyable one. We are happy to hear that you had a great time at the Orient Celebration and we were able to make your stay with us a pleasant one. If you are ever in our area again, we would love to accomodate you again.

There are newer reviews for Super 8 Redfield

Reviewed July 26, 2012

This hotel is a budget hotel. It is one of the cleanest hotels I have ever been in! The room we were in was a little rundown (door dings, some spots on carpet, etc.) - but you can't beat the price and the cleanliness. The woman who checked us in (quite late at night) was extremely gracious. We'd stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
57469super8, Owner at Super 8 Redfield, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2012

Dear Darlene14,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor for the Super 8 in Redfield SD. Sorry to hear that you got one of our rooms that have not been remodeled with the new Super 8 design. All the rooms on 2nd floor have been remodeled.
We look forward to serving you again in the future. Thank you
GM

Reviewed June 7, 2012

I stayed at the Super 8 Redfield in September and gave them a terrible review however the motel has been updated and is now actually quite pleasant. The smoking rooms have new carpet, drapes, beds, paint and a few "retro" details. I was pleasantly surprised and will plan to stay there again. Staff is courteous & helpful. Motel is kept very clean.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank huskerfan007
57469super8, Owner at Super 8 Redfield, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2012

Dear Huskerfan007
Thank you for taking the time to post a postivie review on Trip Advisor. We greatly appreciate you giving us a 2nd chance to show you great customer service. The newly remodeled rooms on 2nd floor are the new Super 8 design and we have been getting positive reviews from them.

Once again, thank you for giving us a positive review. We look forward to serving you in the future.

Reviewed March 24, 2012

After reading earlier reviews giving poor ratings on this motel I had doubts about booking a stay.As it is the only motel in town I booked a night's stay. The desk clerks were courteous and helpful on more than one occasion. The nonsmoking room was pleasant, clean, and comfortable.
I understand some remodeling was done fairly recently, the carpet in my room appeared to be new. For the money I can recommend this motel as a good place to stay.

Room Tip: nonsmoking of course second floor quieter
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
57469super8, General Manager at Super 8 Redfield, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2012

Dear Keith J,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor. We strive to make everyone's stay here at the Super 8 Redfield an enjoyable experience.

We look forward to seeing you back in the future.

Martia Thelen

Reviewed February 27, 2012

HORRIBLE customer service.Particularly from Bobbi Jo-who worked the day shift.She was rude and not helpful when we had an overbooked room.She also suggested my friend and I stole notices off their bulletin board.I WOULD NEVER recommend this place.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jessica J
57469super8, General Manager at Super 8 Redfield, responded to this reviewResponded February 29, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post a concern. I am very sorry that you were disappointed with the desk clerks attitude and being accused of something. She should have never treated you with such disrespect. I am very concerned about this situation and it will be addressed with the desk clerk.

As a consumer, I know how I expect to be treated. I am truly sorry that we failed to provide you with our best customer service. I expect all the desk clerks to provide every guest with the service that they expect.

I hope that you will give us the opportunity to serve you on your next visit to our area. I assure you that we will provide you with our very best on your return.

Sincerely

Reviewed September 30, 2011

This motel is a disgrace to the Super 8 name. I know the Super 8's are not high end motels so I wasn't expecting much. Unfortunately they are few choices in that area. If you're going to stay there make sure you have a non-smoking room. They have been updated "a little". Being a smoker I have stayed in smoking rooms often but never have had a room that smelled this bad. The housekeeper sprayed it with some kind of room freshener and I had the window open all the time to try and get some fresh air but nothing helped. Everything I had with me needed to be aired out when I got home. The one good thing I can say is that the bathroom was clean.

Room Tip: Only stay in a non-smoking room.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
57469super8, General Manager at Super 8 Redfield, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2011

Dear Huskerfan,
Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to write a review on TripAdvisor. I apologize that your experience was less than satisfactory. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make you as comfortable as possible.
Please know that you feedback is extremely valuable to us. Feedback such as yours assists us in improving our service. In addition, please know that your comments and issues will be addressed.
In an effort to compensate you for your experience, we would like to provide you with a 20% discount during your next visit.
It is our hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you. Again, I apologize for the inconvenience during your stay.
If I can provide any assistance, don't hesitate to call me directly at 605-472-0720.

Reviewed July 5, 2010

Old run-down motel. I know Super 8 is a discount chain, but I'm surprised they put their name on this one. I booked a non-smoking room on-line six months prior to the visit. They put us in a smoking room. It was horrible. We complained at check-in and were told "well, you didn't call us directly, did you? They (meaning Super 8 on line) gave you what they gave you. We're full and I can't move you." Rude. We said we were going to get on line and look for something else. Amazingly, they found us a non-smoking room. But, the disinfectant smell was overwhelming! There was one light/fan fixture in the bathroom so you couldn't have the light on without the fan being on. Between the fan and the air conditioner you had to shout to hear each other. Sirens went off at 4:00 AM. I called the front desk. This person said he couldn't hear the sirens (we were talking while they were still going off) because his air conditioner was so loud. I asked him what should we do? Evacuate? Where? He had no idea what to do in case of a weather siren. He told us to turn on our TV to see what was happening. Glad to get out of there.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Super 8 Redfield? Share your experiences!