“Never again.”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Redfield
Omaha, Nebraska
“Never again.”
Reviewed September 30, 2011

This motel is a disgrace to the Super 8 name. I know the Super 8's are not high end motels so I wasn't expecting much. Unfortunately they are few choices in that area. If you're going to stay there make sure you have a non-smoking room. They have been updated "a little". Being a smoker I have stayed in smoking rooms often but never have had a room that smelled this bad. The housekeeper sprayed it with some kind of room freshener and I had the window open all the time to try and get some fresh air but nothing helped. Everything I had with me needed to be aired out when I got home. The one good thing I can say is that the bathroom was clean.

Room Tip: Only stay in a non-smoking room.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
57469super8, General Manager at Super 8 Redfield, responded to this review, November 14, 2011
Dear Huskerfan,
Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to write a review on TripAdvisor. I apologize that your experience was less than satisfactory. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make you as comfortable as possible.
Please know that you feedback is extremely valuable to us. Feedback such as yours assists us in improving our service. In addition, please know that your comments and issues will be addressed.
In an effort to compensate you for your experience, we would like to provide you with a 20% discount during your next visit.
It is our hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you. Again, I apologize for the inconvenience during your stay.
If I can provide any assistance, don't hesitate to call me directly at 605-472-0720.
Marti Thelen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Rapid City, South Dakota
Reviewed July 5, 2010

Old run-down motel. I know Super 8 is a discount chain, but I'm surprised they put their name on this one. I booked a non-smoking room on-line six months prior to the visit. They put us in a smoking room. It was horrible. We complained at check-in and were told "well, you didn't call us directly, did you? They (meaning Super 8 on line) gave you what they gave you. We're full and I can't move you." Rude. We said we were going to get on line and look for something else. Amazingly, they found us a non-smoking room. But, the disinfectant smell was overwhelming! There was one light/fan fixture in the bathroom so you couldn't have the light on without the fan being on. Between the fan and the air conditioner you had to shout to hear each other. Sirens went off at 4:00 AM. I called the front desk. This person said he couldn't hear the sirens (we were talking while they were still going off) because his air conditioner was so loud. I asked him what should we do? Evacuate? Where? He had no idea what to do in case of a weather siren. He told us to turn on our TV to see what was happening. Glad to get out of there.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Super 8 Redfield? Share your experiences!