“Stay at Super 8”

Ranked #44 of 51 Hotels in Rapid City
West Fargo
“Stay at Super 8”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

our stay was ok. But ther was a slight problem. The carpets were very dirty in room and halls. couldn't walk barefoot wothout your feet getting black

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

1 Thank Janice M
TLGM, Operations manager at Super 8 Rapid City Rushmore Rd, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Your feedback is very important to us and we can assure you that we will use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests.

We do deep clean the hotel twice a year and shampoo carpets and hallways as needed. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Bismarck, North Dakota
Reviewed September 2, 2013

This motel is adequate, but on the whole overpriced for the value. The carpeting and furnishings are worn and the parking is difficult as the motel is sited on a narrow lot. If all one want's to use it for is sleeping and cleaning up, there are likely cheaper places. The continental breakfast was also a disappointment and contained a bare minumum of items.

Room Tip: Based on our experience, none exist.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MundaneTraveler
Chubbuck, Idaho, United States
Reviewed August 27, 2013

I booked this hotel over the phone for a mid July vacation. I was never sent a conformation because they could not get my first name correct, "Tammy". Upon arrival the front desk clerk could do nothing but complain about other staff and how he always has to clean up their mess. I was placed in the basement which does not have wi-fi and limited cell service. The room was dated and musky. I stayed for 3 nights. On the 3rd day, when we came back, there was an over flow of the ice machine above my room. We called the front desk and informed them about the situation. Less then an hour later, my ceiling was leaking over the couch. We called the front desk. He showed up to look at it and then brought us towels. He asked how many more days we were there and we told him we were leaving the next day. He said good because staying in this room longer would really suck. He would not move us to another room. The next morning at check out, I informed the front desk of the issue and they did not know anything about the problem. I asked for a free night. She said she was unable to do this and that she would have to call the owner, who was out of town. I had to wait 45 minutes for the answer. I still had to pay $25 for that night because I did stay in the room. I was paying $112 a night.
Also the parking lot is very small and hard to park. To get into my building, I had to continue walking through a group of people who were drinking and smoking on the step. There would always be a mess of butts and bottles the next morning by the door.
Don't waste your time. Spend a little more money and stay in a place that will treat you right.
Tammy Q

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank TammyQ2048
Allow me to apologize on behalf of our hotel for failing to meet your expectations regarding your stay on your recent visit. I have shared your feedback with my General Manager to ensure we handle these types of situations differently in the future.

Again, thank you for your time and valuable feedback.and changes have been made.

Travelers are raving about these Rapid City hotels