“We were treated like royalty.”

Grand Gateway Hotel
Ranked #31 of 48 Hotels in Rapid City
Reviewed February 7, 2011

Our host, Bob, chef Marlow and all of the staff treated us like royalty. The food was amazing and the staff went over and above our requests to make us feel special and relaxed. The rooms were very clean, smelled fresh and the linens were pressed, I really liked that !!.
Hats Off to an amazing Hotel...I will be back and tell my friends to stay there when they are in the Rapid area.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Grand Gateway Hotel

Reviewed January 30, 2011

Rooms are generously sized and clean. Kids loved water slide and pool. Location could have been a little better to explore the Black Hills, but worked well for us.

• Stayed: August 2010
Reviewed January 26, 2011

This hotel was great. It was cheap enough for four girls on budgets to stay in, and it was clean and well stocked. It was like every other generic hotel room, with two beds and a bathroom, but it was clean and that's what matters most. There was a nice restaurant attached (Perkins, I believe) and we ate there two nights. It was nice too. Overall, a good value for the price.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank BettyBoop81791
Reviewed January 26, 2011

I was here on business and was surprised by the warm and decorative environment. My personal favorite touches were the ornate tapestries on the walls. The staff were VERY friendly, helpful and willing to go above and beyond to ensure everything went smoothly for our meeting. The food was great; however, the portions may have been a little large. Although I didn't have time to try out the water slide, it looked like a lot of fun!

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed January 7, 2011

Mr. Bob Hodet, Dir. of Sales, provided excellent service during my stay. He was warm and friendly and gave 110% effort in meeting all our needs. Erik Krog, food and bev. gave his attention to perfect room setup and provided excellent refreshments. Erik even helped with a demo that impressed the class. The whole staff at the hotel was warm and gracious. It was a joy to stay here in this clean and elegant hotel. Thank you all!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank traveler85755
Reviewed December 22, 2010

Our agency hosted an event at this hotel and I just want to say the staff was great to work with! Bob and Sandra in Sales were helpful in the planning stages of the event as well as onsite with all of our needs. Chef Marlow and the other catering staff were so helpful with us in the meeting rooms. They made sure our A/V equipment was running smooth as well as making sure our food and beverage was fresh and on time! We will definitely look at hosting events here again in the future! Thanks to all the helpful staff at Grand Gateway Hotel!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed December 19, 2010

I am retired from the Air Force and am originally from El Cajon, California. During my 30 years of enlistment I have traveled all around the world and I had the pleasure of being stationed at Ellsworth back in the '70's. While stationed here I fell in love with the hills and the people of this area, so when I retired, I picked Rapid City. I am almost 80 years old now and don't travel much anymore, but about 4 times a year I treat myself to a weekend at the Grand Gateway Hotel even though I own a house across town. The staff at the hotel is what makes my little getaways so special to me. Many of them remember my name and everyone always has a smile on their face. I don't really know how hotels get rated as far as the star system goes but this place should be a 5 star hotel and I wanted to let some people know that. Thank you for everything! Dave Young

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled solo
Sleep Inn & Suites
Sleep Inn & Suites
#8 of 48 in Rapid City
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Rapid City

Been to Grand Gateway Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Grand Gateway Hotel

Address: 1721 N Lacrosse St, Rapid City, SD 57701-0705
Location: United States > South Dakota > Rapid City
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Casino and Gambling Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Spa Suites Swimming Pool
#3 Spa Hotel in Rapid City
#15 Business Hotel in Rapid City
Price Range: $61 - $139 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3 star — Grand Gateway Hotel 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Agoda and getaroom.com so you can book your Grand Gateway Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Grand Gateway Rapid City