“Don't pass up the Grand Gateway hotel is you are planning to stay in Rapid City!”

Grand Gateway Hotel
Ranked #33 of 48 Hotels in Rapid City
Reviewed June 10, 2010

Great place! Great staff! Very accommodating. Manager and staff go overboard for you! Clean and comfortable rooms, enclosed swimming pool with slide. Bar and restaurant right there on the property. Shuttle is great, and was always accessible. Plenty of parking, good food, and big luxurious business rooms. All ammenities available.
Our group (U.S. Navy Cruisers) of 150 people had the time of our lives thanks in major part to the hotel, the manager, and his staff. Could not have asked for better and more timely preparation or monitoring than was provided! Thank you, Grand Gateway, for a most memorable Rapid City experience! Bill Sperberg, President, USNCSA.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business

Reviewed June 2, 2010

Some of my siblings and I decided to visit Mount Rushmore this year and chose to stay in Rapid City - this hotel looked great, but one never knows until you're actually there! The hotel staff was absolutely the friendliest, most efficient and accomodating that we have ever experienced. Nothing flustered them, they all had a great sense of humor and were more than happy to provide anything we requested. The rooms were large and very clean, the pool area was clean and very well maintained and the atmosphere was relaxing. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone, and it is very family friendly. All four of us considered it a great value and when we go back to that area, the Grand Gateway will once again be our base of operations. Great job!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed May 30, 2010

I came out for a concert with my boyfriend and friends for a concert and the shuttle service was great! I am usually the DD so it was nice to have a night off. We then proceeded to visit the lounge after the concert and had so much fun! The bartenders were all awesome and we felt like we were at home. We had a great trip largely due to our stay at the Gateway Grand.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 28, 2010

I loved the hotel. The Shuttle Ride was the greatest experience we have ever had. The staff was wonderful!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 28, 2010

This hotel is very centrally located in Rapid City with lots of options for dining and shopping. The shuttle service was excellent when we needed a lift to and from an event at the Civic Center. Had I brought my kids, I know they would have enjoyed the indoor waterslide. Cheers, the pub adjoined with the Gateway, offered a very relaxed atmosphere with talented and friendly staff.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 12, 2010

I stayed 7 hours in this hotel as I was on my way home. It's conveniently located right off I-90. Gas stations and restaurants are nearby, and the area looked safe. Room was clean while the building was old. Small area of carpet was wet, but overall it was good for the money I paid. Free wireless internet access was provided with very good reception. The staff was friendly as well.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed May 3, 2010

I went to this hotel and was really excited about it! It was a great, clean place to stay and the staff was amazing. Tim (front desk) and two other middle aged gals and another mid-aged gentlemen were AMAZING. They listened and understood my needs and helped out in every way. Although I did not go into the pool, it looks clean, big, and great for kids to run around and have fun! There is a bar in the place called Cheers and who doesn't like a great bar!? All in all. . The staff is great, the rooms are clean and spacious, it is in a pretty decent location, and it is quiet. I'm very please with this place and it WILL have my returning business! Go and see for yourself!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled solo
Sleep Inn & Suites
#10 of 48 in Rapid City
Ramada Summerset Rapid City West
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Rapid City

Been to Grand Gateway Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Grand Gateway Hotel

Address: 1721 N Lacrosse St, Rapid City, SD 57701-0705
Location: United States > South Dakota > Rapid City
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Casino and Gambling Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Spa Suites Swimming Pool
#3 Spa Hotel in Rapid City
#15 Business Hotel in Rapid City
Price Range: $38 - $202 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3 star — Grand Gateway Hotel 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Grand Gateway Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Grand Gateway Rapid City