- Staff: Housekeeping rude, although front desk seemed to want to help
- Facilities: Clean enough, some stains in carpet; 70s decor; Noisy
- Services: Wifi slow & unstable; no breakfast
- Bar right next to lobby of hotel, so check in was loud. No big deal.
- Not sure if due to bar, or just general hotel clientele, but also loud in hallways; sounded like staff, as they were talking about the hotel itself
- Housekeeping knocked on door shortly before 9am (waking me up). I stated I was in the room, but she came in anyway. Another knock at 10am, and then again at 11:02 am - with the last knock being aggressive and housekeeping stating that check out is at 11am (I was already packed and about to leave)
> I also heard a conversation between housekeeping and the room next door where the housekeeper was telling the customers to leave; the husband explained his wife was sick in the bathroom and would leave in 20 minutes, but the housekeeper again explained that check out was 11 am; no compassion.
- In addition, I received a call from the front desk exactly at 11 am "just letting me know" that check out is at 11 am
We've all had housekeeping that knocks and walks in by accident, but then they usually know to stay away until after check out time. When I explained how jarring this 3 time interaction - plus phone call - was to the housekeeping staff, I got a "it was quiet in your room" and "check out is at 11am" response. I walked by another housekeeper on the way to the front desk who was carrying a vacuum. I scooted to the side and said "Pardon me", her response was "Well, sorrrrrr-y".
I also explained that the call at 11am plus housekeepings constant knocking made a poor experience. No manager was available, and the front staff seemed nice enough, but they said, "Calling at 11am is hotel policy".
The place just lacked any warmth and is not remotely nice enough to even consider staying here again.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Grand Gateway Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Gateway Rapid City
- Hotel Grand Gateway