Grand Gateway Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Foothills Inn(Rapid City)
View Hotel
Motel 6 Rapid City(Rapid City)
Econo Lodge(Rapid City)
View Hotel
All reviewsperkins restaurantperkins attachedindoor poolhot tubwould stay againblack hillscoffee makersouth dakotabeds were comfortablestaff was friendlymt rushmoreinterstatewalmartsdmicrowavesturgis
Reviewed October 15, 2012

The hotel is in a good location. Tons of restaurants nearby. Also, there is a Walmart within two minutes walk. However, the rooms are not that great as advertised in the website. Old decor and not much of light in the room. The front desk staffs are not very courteous.
Comments:
1. There is a Perkins within the property which is open 24 hours. This is great, specially if you are travelling odd hours.
2. If you are visitng Mt Rushmore area, better avoid this place. You will be stuck in the downtown traffic for quite long time. I would recommend to stay in Hill City or Keystone area.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank nilotpalr
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Everything about the Grand Gateway Hotel in Rapid City, SD was excellent, from making the reservations, to their welcome, and businesslike way of registration, keeping the rooms clean, and the meals we were served for the 58th Fighter Association reunion were the best we have had at such an affair.
Our thanks go oiut to Chef Marlow Quilt, Managers and Hosts Bob and Karen Hodet, Banquet Captain Mike Vaughn, Bar Manager Brad, and the whole kitchen staff. The food was delicious, and served with style. Their care and concern for us as guests of the hotel was excellent,and we are very appreciative of that. Henry and Vonnie Meyer

Room Tip: All rooms we saw would be good for travelers.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Henry M
Reviewed October 12, 2012

We recently attended a reunion of Air Force Veterans held in Rapid City. We stayed in the Grand Gateway Hotel. My Wife and I have travelled extensively and never before have we had such friendly, Thoughtful and competent service that we were treated to in the Grand Gateway. Bob Hodel the sales manager and parttime shuttle driver along with his wife who is a full time shuttle driver did an excellent job in moving us around the town. Marlow Hurst, the chef and more commonly known as the man who never sleeps, could be found working in any area of the hotel all hours of the day. Even so, he still found time with the help of John and Cory, his able assistants, to prpare food fit for a king. I would be remiss if I did not mention Jessica who assisted them at our Banquet. Darla and sherry who worked the bar while we were there also did an excellent job. Last, but not least was our housekeeper in room 218, whose name I think was Alecia did and outstanding job and was very friendly and helpful to both of us. Thanks to all of you for making this an unforgettable trip. Mac and Gert McCombs

Reviewed October 11, 2012

Leslie Sherry was vaulable to us for the functioning of the reunion at the Reception and the Banquet.
Bob Hodet, the Sales Manager made my job as Reunion Planner and President run very smoothly. I could not say enough about his efforts to make our reunion sucsessful.
Marlow Quilt was the Chef. He was like a magician with the appearance and taste of the food.
He also had the room and tables set up for each function, as well as the audio/video useage.
His two helpers were John Horst and Cory Roth. These two would anticipate what we want or needed before we would even ask. I can see why they where his left and right hands.
Darla kept everyone happy at the Banquet as the bartender and Jessica helped in the room at the Banquet with drinks, desert, and what ever else we needed.
I have never been so please.
I am going to recomment this hotel to another reunion I have an association with.

Room Tip: I do not believe it would make any difference what room you received. There were no compliants from my members, on great comments.
Reviewed October 11, 2012

It is a pleasure to review such a warm, friendly, clean, and courteous hotel as Grand Gateway in Rapid City, SD. My husband's Air Force Reunion was held there during the week of Oct. 2 through Oct. 7. When we arrived a gracious Bob and Karen Hodet was waiting and bags were lifted into the vans. From there we had warm conversation, sights pointed out to us, and information to aid our enjoyment. They had a room set up with tables for all those attending to just get together to talk and renew our acquaintances. The chef, Marlow Quilt, had beautifully decorated tables filled with aromatic and delicious food. His helpers, John Horst and Cory Roth were always "Johnnies-on-the-spot" waiting to serve us in any way possible. Jessica and Leslie always had a smile and offer to help. Darla is the prettiest and friendliest bartender that I can remember ever having. Bob and Karen were always available with the shuttle or whatever was needed to supply not only our needs but also our wants. I hope we go back there again soon.

Room Tip: All rooms had their own advantages. There was only one thing that bothered us until we realized what it was. The water in the pipes "hammered" and sounded as if someone was knocking on doors. Once we realized what it was, we never heard it again.
1  Thank Donna H