“Pleasant hotel in great city location”

The Rushmore Hotel & Suites
Ranked #10 of 49 Hotels in Rapid City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed November 19, 2013

We spent two nights at this fairly comfortable hotel which was centrally located and within easy walking distance of restaurants and shops. The room was furnished in a modern trendy style with spindly stool-style chairs. The beds were comfortable with good quality bed linen, and the bathroom was well equipped and spacious. My only complaints would be that the walls were insubstantial; the guests in the next room were clearly audible each time they occupied their room, and there was no in-room safe.

We dined at the Enigma Restaurant on our first evening. The meal was very good, but the waiter’s manner was distant and showed little interest in interacting with the diners. One wonders if this related to the fact that this meal was part of a contracted coach tour stay and that there would be no additional gratuities for this meal.
We also ate breakfast here on two successive mornings. I’m pleased to say that the lady looking after the coach tour guests was most welcoming and helpful. The breakfast selection was very good and we had no complaints.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Karim M, Manager at The Rushmore Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2013

I am so glad you liked the rooms, decor and beds and linen, the restaurant and location. Pleasant is such a nice title to your review....it sounds like " a very nice hotel" to me.

Thank you and best in your travels!

Reviewed November 14, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights and was very surprised. The rate was very good for our two families, the rooms were clean, modern and comfortable with plenty of space to move around. The beds were terrific and comfortable. The breakfast was very good and with plenty on offer. The staff were helpful and approachable. The Adoba is close to town and we found Rapid City a very interesting place and close to Mt Rushmore which was the purpose of our visit. Thanks for a very good experience. There was only one thing we noticed and that was the train noise at night.

Room Tip: Family rooms are very spacious
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank DebL53
Karim M, Owner at The Rushmore Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2013

There just couldn't be more adoba? Could there? I suppose there could, but it would not be the same as this one......you see: we stress the individuality of the Black Hillls. for example 85 % of our Renovation was constructed within a five mile radius. The idea of Eco stems from our kinship to this area and land. Bottom up and top down we are south dakota genuine. Thanks for sharing this window of time with us....Safe travels to Sydney!

Reviewed November 14, 2013

I stayed at Adoba Eco couple of weeks back. The front desk personnel were very warm and welcoming and made me feel like a special guest. I have stayed at other hotels in the area over the last 4 years pretty regularly but barring a couple of front desk employees none really bothered much even though you were a returning guest. I believe I got an upgrade to a beautiful room on the 9th floor, which I believe they call the Presidential Suite.

The room was real nice, very different from all the other hotels. Each of the four walls were painted in different colors. Two of them had murals and I really liked the concept a lot. Room had ample lighting, very comfortable beds, mini fridge, wall mounted Samsung TV with lots of channels, well maintained/cleaned bathrooms and the towels were real white and of good quality. Every day they would replenish bottled water and couple of days they even placed taffy in the room.

The water pressure from the shower was not the ultimate but it was not bad at all. I also felt the pride of being a part of the "green revolution" for those four days.

There was free breakfast buffet with an omelette station (3 of the 4 days I stayed there). The chef makes - made to order - omelettes and I did not miss out on those. The restaurant staff were very courteous and always checking to make sure you are well taken care of.

I did not venture into the bar or any other common areas so can't say much about those places. I had only one complaint - can't really fault them, though - about the room not having a microwave. I normally bring home made meals as I'm not much of a food junkie and don't enjoy eating out every day.

I'm sure I will stay here in the future as well (for those of you wondering about my comment about the microwave - I used to warm my food at work and bring it to my hotel room).

Great job you all. Keep up the good work.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

reading your kind words, its no wonder I am in tears. In a world of diminishing civility, we strive so hard to turn the clock back to the days of chivalry and genuine hospitality! Thank you for sharing your experience with the readers. We look forward to seeing you again.
Best,
Karim Merali

Reviewed November 13, 2013

I was traveling to Rapid City last week and a colleague recommended we stay at the Adoba Eco in downtown Rapid. What an awesome hotel. The decor is clean and modern. The beds were of the most comfortable I have ever slept in- anywhere. The room rate came with a great breakfast for free and I could not have been happier with the spot. This is now our standard for travel to the Rapid City area.

Room Tip: So hard to anticipate how good a room is going to be. This room was spacious, nicely lit as an eco f...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Hi Steve,

Thank you for letting us set the new Standard for Rapid City. We are deeply honored. Thank you!

An EasyToBook.com traveler
Rapid City
Reviewed November 7, 2013

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Thank An EasyToBook.com traveler
Karim M, Owner at The Rushmore Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2013

Reviewed November 2, 2013

First stay here during "Family Weekend" to visit our Freshman son at SD Mines, my parents had a room across the hall, we were on the 8th floor. Unique, clean rooms with SD photos and Harley Davidson mural in the rooms. Lighting was a bit dim (guess it's the "eco" thing), there were small "snake" lights available to read in a chair or in bed. Bedding was very comfortable and the staff was very pleasant. One 10pm request for an extension cord to connect a CPAP machine was immediately answered, the employee crawled around and successfully connected the machine. Breakfast buffet was good with hostess seating in a nice restaurant. Lobby coffee service during breakfast hours was "out of coffee" 2/3 mornings when I attempted to get "one for the road". The location is fantastic as you can walk to the downtown stores and restaurants. The bar offered live entertainment and a good happy hour, the gift shop/coffee bar offers extensive offerings including many made in South Dakota items. We did hear trains passing a few times a day which was not a big deal, the tracks are right next to the hotel. The shuttle service from the airport was great, the van was waiting for us when we arrived and the driver offered restaurant suggestions when asked and happily accommodated our return schedule. We will definitely return to the Eco Adoba for all future trips to Rapid City!!!

Room Tip: 8th floor was fine, train "noise" was heard from both sides which was not a big issue for...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Karim M, Owner at The Rushmore Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2013

Thank you for expressing your high willingness to return. It is for sure the most important measure of satisfaction. We wish you lots of peace, happiness and love in your travels.

Reviewed November 2, 2013

Stayed here on a recent trip. The hotel was nice and clean and the rooms were unique. Close to several nice places to eat and drink and a close drive to Mt Rushmore and Crazy Horse. I would stay here again and highly recommend.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank rlwalke901
Karim M, Owner at The Rushmore Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2013

You rated us 5 stars! it takes one to know one. You are five stars for us!
Thank you for the awesome review!
Best,