“More of Adoba”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Sydney, Australia
“More of Adoba”
Reviewed November 14, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights and was very surprised. The rate was very good for our two families, the rooms were clean, modern and comfortable with plenty of space to move around. The beds were terrific and comfortable. The breakfast was very good and with plenty on offer. The staff were helpful and approachable. The Adoba is close to town and we found Rapid City a very interesting place and close to Mt Rushmore which was the purpose of our visit. Thanks for a very good experience. There was only one thing we noticed and that was the train noise at night.

Room Tip: Family rooms are very spacious
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank DebL53
Karim M, Owner at The Rushmore Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, November 16, 2013
There just couldn't be more adoba? Could there? I suppose there could, but it would not be the same as this one......you see: we stress the individuality of the Black Hillls. for example 85 % of our Renovation was constructed within a five mile radius. The idea of Eco stems from our kinship to this area and land. Bottom up and top down we are south dakota genuine. Thanks for sharing this window of time with us....Safe travels to Sydney!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (234)
  • Korean first
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed November 14, 2013

I stayed at Adoba Eco couple of weeks back. The front desk personnel were very warm and welcoming and made me feel like a special guest. I have stayed at other hotels in the area over the last 4 years pretty regularly but barring a couple of front desk employees none really bothered much even though you were a returning guest. I believe I got an upgrade to a beautiful room on the 9th floor, which I believe they call the Presidential Suite.

The room was real nice, very different from all the other hotels. Each of the four walls were painted in different colors. Two of them had murals and I really liked the concept a lot. Room had ample lighting, very comfortable beds, mini fridge, wall mounted Samsung TV with lots of channels, well maintained/cleaned bathrooms and the towels were real white and of good quality. Every day they would replenish bottled water and couple of days they even placed taffy in the room.

The water pressure from the shower was not the ultimate but it was not bad at all. I also felt the pride of being a part of the "green revolution" for those four days.

There was free breakfast buffet with an omelette station (3 of the 4 days I stayed there). The chef makes - made to order - omelettes and I did not miss out on those. The restaurant staff were very courteous and always checking to make sure you are well taken care of.

I did not venture into the bar or any other common areas so can't say much about those places. I had only one complaint - can't really fault them, though - about the room not having a microwave. I normally bring home made meals as I'm not much of a food junkie and don't enjoy eating out every day.

I'm sure I will stay here in the future as well (for those of you wondering about my comment about the microwave - I used to warm my food at work and bring it to my hotel room).

Great job you all. Keep up the good work.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
reading your kind words, its no wonder I am in tears. In a world of diminishing civility, we strive so hard to turn the clock back to the days of chivalry and genuine hospitality! Thank you for sharing your experience with the readers. We look forward to seeing you again.
Best,
Karim Merali
Sioux Falls, South Dakota, United States
Reviewed November 13, 2013

I was traveling to Rapid City last week and a colleague recommended we stay at the Adoba Eco in downtown Rapid. What an awesome hotel. The decor is clean and modern. The beds were of the most comfortable I have ever slept in- anywhere. The room rate came with a great breakfast for free and I could not have been happier with the spot. This is now our standard for travel to the Rapid City area.

Room Tip: So hard to anticipate how good a room is going to be. This room was spacious, nicely lit as an eco f...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Hi Steve,

Thank you for letting us set the new Standard for Rapid City. We are deeply honored. Thank you!
New York City, New York
Reviewed November 2, 2013

First stay here during "Family Weekend" to visit our Freshman son at SD Mines, my parents had a room across the hall, we were on the 8th floor. Unique, clean rooms with SD photos and Harley Davidson mural in the rooms. Lighting was a bit dim (guess it's the "eco" thing), there were small "snake" lights available to read in a chair or in bed. Bedding was very comfortable and the staff was very pleasant. One 10pm request for an extension cord to connect a CPAP machine was immediately answered, the employee crawled around and successfully connected the machine. Breakfast buffet was good with hostess seating in a nice restaurant. Lobby coffee service during breakfast hours was "out of coffee" 2/3 mornings when I attempted to get "one for the road". The location is fantastic as you can walk to the downtown stores and restaurants. The bar offered live entertainment and a good happy hour, the gift shop/coffee bar offers extensive offerings including many made in South Dakota items. We did hear trains passing a few times a day which was not a big deal, the tracks are right next to the hotel. The shuttle service from the airport was great, the van was waiting for us when we arrived and the driver offered restaurant suggestions when asked and happily accommodated our return schedule. We will definitely return to the Eco Adoba for all future trips to Rapid City!!!

Room Tip: 8th floor was fine, train "noise" was heard from both sides which was not a big issue for...
Green Features: Unobtrusive. Pumps for bath wash/shampoo/conditioner distribute tiny amounts. Suggest offering a bath mat as steps to reach the dispensers are needed; the floor was slippery; I worried about my Sr. citizen parents falling. It was dangerous, will request a handicapped room next visit.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Karim M, Owner at The Rushmore Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Thank you for expressing your high willingness to return. It is for sure the most important measure of satisfaction. We wish you lots of peace, happiness and love in your travels.
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed November 2, 2013

Stayed here on a recent trip. The hotel was nice and clean and the rooms were unique. Close to several nice places to eat and drink and a close drive to Mt Rushmore and Crazy Horse. I would stay here again and highly recommend.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank rlwalke901
Karim M, Owner at The Rushmore Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
You rated us 5 stars! it takes one to know one. You are five stars for us!
Thank you for the awesome review!
Best,
Karim Merali
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed October 31, 2013

We arrived at this hotel during the recent snow storm of October and they were gracious, helpful and accommodating of our stranded situation despite being stranded themselves, having worked over 48 hours straight! Fantastic location, great newly renovated rooms with all the amenities you need. Don't be distracted by the outdated outside and the lobby - the rooms are fresh, modern and large. The breakfast buffet is huge; the gym is small but has what you need; the location is prime for the city but also for the national parks and surroundings. The staff couldn't be nicer and the city is just full of wonderful unique shops/galleries, Presidents and restaurants. Makes a good base by which to visit both Mt. Rushmore and the Badlands NP. Was the best place we stayed during a 3 week road trip that included 15 States, 21hotels and 4000 miles. Outstanding - we appreciated their attitude, service level and value.

Room Tip: Some rooms have some funky decorations so look at the website first to know what suits you.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank MafaldaNordica
Karim M, Owner at The Rushmore Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, November 3, 2013
Dear Mafalda,
Thank you for the kind comments. Yes the recent storm in October was the worst snow blizzard since 1940! It was a difficult time for everyone stranded. Our staff will appreciate reading your praise of their efforts to make everyone comfortable. I am glad you liked our recently renovated rooms...I hope you will return to our area to witness the outside being transformed this spring!