The Rushmore Hotel & Suites
$161
Country Inn
Cambria Hotel & Suites Rapid City(Rapid City)(Great Value!)
$189
$161
CambriaHotels
Quality Inn & Suites(Rapid City)(Great Value!)
$139
QualityInn
$97
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of $121/night.

GrandStay Residential Suites Hotel Rapid City(Rapid City)(Great Value!)
$179
$159
ComfortSuites
$292
$235
  • Restaurant
La Quinta Inn & Suites Rapid City(Rapid City)(Great Value!)
$189
$155
$140
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of $165/night.

Sleep Inn & Suites(Rapid City)(Great Value!)
$125
Orbitz.com
All reviewscaravan tourrailroad trackstrain noisebuffet breakfasthotel is centrally locatedbus tourwithin walking distancehotel restaurantdowntown areabathroom doorcorner roomrestaurants and shopssouth dakotablack hillsoatmealtwo night staysturgis rally
Reviewed December 3, 2012

Nice hotel, friendly staff. Centrally located, close to all the sites. Enigma restaurant was a surprise, although the chef should dial down the truffle oil use. The martini bar looks dumpy? But actually serves great drinks and the staff were great!!

• Stayed: December 2012
2  Thank shellbellmay
Reviewed November 30, 2012

Stayed there for 3 nights. Great old-style atmosphere.
The hotel staff were as helpful and friendly as any hotel where I have stayed. When I made reservations, via telephone, I was asked how I was traveling to Rapid City. I told Jade, the reservationist, that I was flying to Rapid City. She asked my arrival time and when I told her, she said the hotel shuttle would be waiting for me. I walked out of the door of the Rapid City terminal and the shuttle was there, just as she promised.
Rooms were clean and the beds super comfortable.
All told, our family had reserved seven (7) rooms and there were no problems with any of them.
We all were there to celebrate my brother's 75th birthday and were given a large conference room where the party was held. The hotel provided a cash bar and buffet for the party. Although the cost of the buffet was somewhat steep, the food was hot and plentiful.
The staff working the party were extremely friendly and helpful.
The only "knock" I have on the hotel rooms is the lighting in the our room. The bulbs were "green" bulbs and low voltage and seeing for reading was difficult for these old eyes. Very bright reading lamps were provided for each side of the beds but lamps and lighting in the room as a whole were not very good.
That being said, I really do highly recommend staying at this hotel.
And being right downtown with access to many shops and stores within walking distance is a huge plus.
For me, I would give this hotel 5 stars *****.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Gallowayfamily
Reviewed November 20, 2012

We spent two nights here while visiting the Mount Rushmore area. It is in a convenient location, within easy walking distance of many restaurants and Rapid City's presidential statues. There is plenty of FREE parking. The rooms are comfortable; the staff is friendly and helpful. The restaurant is expensive, but there is a coffee shop.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Dookie62
Reviewed November 19, 2012

I had a mixture of good and bad experiences during my two night stay at the Aboda Eco Hotel. The hotel itself is very easy to find in downtown Rapid City, and offers ample free parking right next to the hotel. The lobby of the hotel is very pretty, with a nice tile of Mount Rushmore on the floor. The check in staff and the restaurant staff were very friendly and seemed eager to accommodate the guests. In the lobby there is also a coffee/gift shop and a small casino (slot machines).

My room was on the 7th floor close to the elevator, and I could hear the elevator machinery every time the elevator was called. It wasn’t too loud, but was noticeable. I’m not really sure why the hotel is designated as an Eco hotel. While there was a special showerhead, the toilet used considerably more water than mine at home does, and the water faucets were in no way flow restricted. The bathroom was somewhat cramped, but functional. The bed is made with a pillow top mattress and a good comforter, which made sleeping easier. Now, the hotel is right on Main Street, and quite a bit of street noise is noticeable. If you are in a room facing the street, you’ll know it. There are several bars outside, with loud patrons yelling in the middle of the night. There are train tracks close to the hotel but I didn’t hear any trains go through while I stayed here.

There are several restaurants and bars within easy walking distance, including the Firehouse Brewery which I’d recommend. Mount Rushmore is about a half hour drive away; simply follow Mt. Rushmore drive which runs right next to the hotel.

On my last evening (a Saturday night), I had an unfortunate experience here. At about the time the bars closed, two extremely loud, drunk hotel guests came up to my floor and were among other things yelling obscenities and laughing loudly, having a conversation with each other seemingly at the top of their lungs. This went on for more than five minutes before I guess they finally figured out that they needed to go to bed. While downtown hotels are convenient, it seems like this type of behavior is more common here than at hotels by the interstate or not quite in the heart of downtown. The close proximity to the numerous bars in town make it too easy for rude guests to get rip-roaring drunk and stumble back in at 3 AM without considering their noise level or their horrible behavior. I don’t know if this is an every night occurrence or just happens on the weekends, but the fact that it happened to me would keep me from staying here again over a weekend. There are several chain hotels nearby but not right in the heart of downtown that would probably not have as great a likelihood of this type of incident happening. Although this isn’t really the fault of hotel management per se, guests like this damage the reputation of the hotel. Perhaps night security at the hotel should make it a point to do a walk-through of the hallways when obviously loud, drunken guests come back in to nip these problems in the bud early.

Other good points: Free breakfast buffet with omelet bar, free internet, good room coffee.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms facing the main street
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed November 15, 2012

The Adoba Eco hotel welcomed our Trafalgar Coach Tour people with a drink of punch and potstickers as a snack! An amazing surprise! Our room was clean and comfortable with free WiFi so it was good to catch up with emails from home in Australia. Breakfast was excellent in the lovely dining room. The hotel had a lovely atmosphere. An easy walk up town to Botticelli's Italian restaurant for dinner after our excursion to the Badlands. Some fellow travellers said the trains bothered them but we were oblivious to them!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple