“Girls Weekend Goes Great and Green”

The Rushmore Hotel & Suites
Ranked #11 of 51 Hotels in Rapid City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Denver, Colorado
“Girls Weekend Goes Great and Green”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2012

Me and the girls on our second girls hiking weekend. We splurged and stayed downtown at this hotel. It was a great value and we had an awesome time at the martini bar with live music on Saturday night(and no cover charge). Everything was in walking distance and the breakfast staff was very helpful and gave us great park ideas on where locals hike. We will stay here again.

• Stayed May 2012
, Public Relations Manager at The Rushmore Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, June 21, 2012
Dear Girls,

Thank you for your recent stay at the new Adoba Eco Hotel in Rapid City! We are so pleased to hear your stay was enjoyable. And it is music to our “green ears” that you and your friends were able to take pleasure in the 445 Martini Lounge and the live music.

We appreciate your business and look forward to hosting you again in the future.
“Travel With a Purpose and Change the World Today”

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (225)
  • Korean first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2012

We booked this hotel on hotwire and had no idea what to expect, especially considering the hotel is not part of a larger network. As many have already said, we were very happy with the quality of the rooms and service.

Since I booked online, I had called ahead and requested two beds in the room, upon arrival we had been set up with a single King bed room setup (not so great when staying with mom!). Many times, especially when using Hotwire, this situation can turn into a nightmare. The staff rose to the occasion and we had a double bed within five minutes in one of their newly remolded rooms. Erika was especially helpful quickly spoke with a manager to get us a room even though none were immediately available.

The room was very nice and clean and a little fun. Flat screen TV, refridgerator, good size bathroom and comfortable beds. Ours was on the eighth floor and had a great view. If you stay here be sure to get one of the new rooms.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Markbr69
VicePresidentSales1, Public Relations Manager at The Rushmore Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, June 17, 2012
Dear Mark,
Greetings from Rapid City! Thank you for taking the time to write such a pleasant review. We are so pleased we were able to exceed your expectations and you had an opportunity to enjoy one of our newly renovated eco-friendly guestrooms that offers our Green Dream Bedding Package.

I will share your accolades and praise on the service Erika provided with her directly and the team. I know she will be grateful for your kind words.

Thank you so much for patronage and we hope to see you again on your next visit to Rapid City!
“Travel with a Purpose and Change the World Today”!
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2012

The location was very good, right on W. Main St, in the center of town, and the price in mid-May 2012 was very reasonable. The room with two queen beds was spacious, clean and comfortable, but had no fridge or microwave. The beds had a sleep number system that allows you to control the hardness of the mattress, but we did not use it, so cannot say if it works. The management left chocolates in the room every evening which was a nice touch. The lobby floor has beautiful inlaid stone depicting Mount Rushmore. However the landscaping just in front of the entrance left a lot to be desired. The hotel is a block away from the railroad tracks, so light sleepers might be bothered by the couple of trains that pass through in the night. If you are a light sleeper, ask for a room facing away from the tracks. However if you’re a heavy-sleeper, it is a non-issue.

Room Tip: Ask for room facing away from railroad tracks.
Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank AMG-NY
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2012

I was leaving Mt Rushmore and heading to check-in at the Adoba Eco Hotel. I looked up the directions on my phone and was excited to see how close I was to the hotel and about as easy to get to as I could have hoped from Mt Rushmore. Plenty of space in the parking lot and check-in was quick and easy. I was told by the front desk I got put in one of the newly remolded rooms with very cool decor. They were right! Very cool design and resonated with the area I was in. Also, rooms were extremely clean. I ate both my dinners at The Enigma Restaurant which to my delight had an organic menu and both meals were fantastic and had good wine pairings as well. The staff was very nice and helpful during my stay. I had an excellent experience and certainly would recommend this to anyone staying in this area.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank Darren G
VicePresidentSales1, Director of Sales at The Rushmore Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, June 14, 2012
Dear Darren,

Thank you for such an incredible review of the hotel restaurant, our new eco-friendly guestroom design and the staff. Your positive comments are uplifting and gratifying. I look forward to sharing your feedback with the associates and especially the Enigma team.

We appreciate your recommendation and look forward to having an opportunity to host you on your next visit to Rapid City. Thank you for your patronage.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2012

After so many years of traveling, countless check-ins and always anticipating what the stay would be like, I finally came across a hotel that truly cares and more importantly has a full understanding of what the overall stay experience is all about- easy, convenient and fun. All of the staff members were so refreshingly friendly. They were professional and always helpful with just enough of personality that simply makes you feel like you are home among friends. With fast and competent service, amazing location where downtown shops and restaurants are just a walk away, this place is truly hard to resist. The whole interior of the hotel is so skillfully furnished and decorated with having local history and natural beauty surrounding it in mind. It is wonderful to see and be able to enjoy something different instead of what stereotypically happens- dull and always familiar design of an average hotel. Great job ADOBA! I could go on and on but will conclude and applaud on a great mission to a greener future that Adoba is working towards. And last but not the least; DON’T waste your time trying to find good spots for food and wine! Adoba’s restaurant is the place to be. Talk about fantastic organic food. And for all the wine drinkers out there, you will be amazed at their selection. No joke, if you try and compare it with other places, you will be sadly disappointed.
Will be coming back soon!

Room Tip: Corner suites are wonderfully sunny, specious and simply great rooms to stay and truly enjoy your st...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank Zeljka1234
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2012

Pro's: I stayed at the Adoba Eco Hotel on June 4, 2012. At check-in I was upgraded to a new guestroom. Wow! what a welcoming surprise. I have not seen artwork used quite like that before, so interesting and unique. I travel a lot, and I have not experienced such an interesting concept, I couldn't even leave the room. The beds were comfortable and the shower was nice. I would have enjoyed more of a tea selection with the coffee.
The breakfast was good, but the dinner was fantastic. The staff was very friendly. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay and I will continue to stay here on my future trips. The eco progress they are making is very cool and the internet was fast.

Con's: Check-in was a bit slow. Public restroom toilet was clogged.

Room Tip: Pay extra for new room or 9th floor room.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Chillay J
Oxford, Mississippi
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2012

We got off to a bad start at check-in and it did not get much better.
We made our reservations several months in advance for 2 rooms with king-size beds which were confirmed. At check-in at 6pm we were told glibly by the desk clerk that no rooms with king beds were available. When we inquired why, we were told they had all been given away!! (Duh: what was the reservation for???) The clerk tried to placate us by putting us on the "newly decorated" 8th floor. The rooms are very dark (an eco thing I guess!!) but our was even worse because two of the lamps (no overhead lights) did not work. A maintenance person came to the room to fix them but was only able to get one working. The next morning we got up early to get showers and start our sight-seeing day. Lo and behold the shower/bathtub faucet would not work. Unable to get water. Again a repair person came again and had to replace the faucet handle. It took so long that only one of us was able to get a shower before leaving that morning. The next morning as I was closing the bathroom sliding glass door the entire handle came off in my hand.My wife and I almost fell on the floor from hysterical laughter!!!! Had to laugh to keep from crying!
On the positive side, the breakfast was good, the hotel has a nice bar and the staff is friendly.
I would stay here again but not in room 823.

Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Robert S
VicePresidentSales1, Public Relations Manager at The Rushmore Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, June 12, 2012
Dear Robert,
Thank you for choosing the Adoba Eco Hotel on your recent visit to Rapid City. We appreciate your honest and spirited feedback regarding your stay.

First and foremost, please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience that you and your wife experienced during your visit. Clearly, we fell short on exceeding your in-room guest experience and it appears we have some opportunities to improve our guestroom and maintenance coordination.

Rest assured I will review each of your observations with the respective managers and ensure we are looking closely at these items daily with our newly renovated guestrooms.

We consider your feedback very valuable in assisting us in our goal to exceed all customer expectations.

Again, my apologies for the errors on our part and thank you for your graciousness to still point out how friendly the staff was and compliment our breakfast offering, I admire your politeness.

We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Rapid City and exceeding your expectations. I would personally like to assist in making that reservation.
Jim Henderson, President of Adoba Brand