“Missing packages and failure to deliver breakfast”

The Rushmore Hotel & Suites
Ranked #10 of 48 Hotels in Rapid City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed February 20, 2012

My stay at the Adoba (formerly the Radisson) was marked by terrible experiences. Upon arriving at the hotel, I had inquired about 2 large packages that were to be delivered prior to my arrival, for use at a conference. I was told by 2 separate front desk employees that there "was no package". On my third inquiry, to a 3rd employee, I was told that "the packages had been sitting in the back room since yesterday.". That evening I put my room service card out on my door at 10pm, watchful of the 11pm deadline, to request breakfast room service. In the morning, I noticed that the card had never been picked up from my door, and no breakfast was to be found. As I needed to ship one of the very large packages out again after use, I left the package with the front desk and advised them that I would call FedEx and schedule the pick up. 1.5 weeks later, the packages were still sitting in the hotel. The packages were never given to FedEx.
I will not stay in this Adoba or Radisson again.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank BusyTraveler118
VicePresidentSales1, Public Relations Manager at The Rushmore Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2012

Dear BusyTraveler118,

On behalf of the General Manager and the entire team, our deepest apologies for the service you encountered during your recent visit to Rapid City. We clearly missed the mark on providing you the service we pride on offering each of our guest. Rest assured we have shared your review with our entire team with the intention to improve our service levels.

We would be grateful and honored to have an opportunity to host you again on your next visit to Rapid City and show you superior service, something we strive to achieve every day and our sustainable journey in reducing our carbon footprint.

Please do not hesitate to contact our Director of Sales, Jade and she will ensure a comfortable and enjoyable experience on your next trip.
Again my sincere apologies for our shortfalls during your visit; and thank you for taking the time to share your comments as we can only grow and improve through such candid feedback.

Best Regards and Safe Travels.

There are newer reviews for The Rushmore Hotel & Suites

Reviewed February 6, 2012

the hotel has a new name and cannot be booked thru radison

Room Tip: call hotel directly or you wont be able to book a room
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank earle1231
Reviewed January 23, 2012

I did not have plans to stay in Rapid City on this cold (5 degrees F) Friday night in January, but having been stranded by Delta Airlines and without a car, my first requirement was a hotel that provided free shuttle service to and from the airport (including a 5 a.m. Saturday morning return to the airport. My second criteria was a downtown location so I could walk to shops and restaurants during my unexepcted stay. Lastly, because Delta Airlines refused to offer me any compensation for failing to get me back home, the hotel had to be affordable.

The Radisson gave me an unbelievably affordable rate - even for the middle of January - provided prompt free shuttle service with a driver named Dave who was great. Dave arranged for the hotel chef to keep in the restaurant's freezer some bison meat that I had acquired during my trip. I tipped the chef two bottles of Belgian ale as "rent" and Dave was right there at 5 a.m. next morning for the trip back to the airport with the bison package in hand. Dave got a nice tip too.

The hotel was spotless. Staff was friendly. The room was comfortable and quiet with a digital thermostat. The bed was first rate. Towels were thick and big. Location is perfect - walk to a great choice of restaurants and shops in the surprsingly vibrant downtown. The Firehouse brewpub on Main Street has 50% off Happy Hour. After an Italian dinner at Boticelli's, I found the Tinder Box and enjoyed free jazz, a well stock humidor, big leather lounge chairs, and eight esoteric imported beers on tap and a big wine list.

The Radisson took my day and mood from cursed frustration to an enjoyable evening layover

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
4  Thank dlautenb

Dear dlautenb

Greetings from the entire team at the newly Branded Adoba Eco Hotel in Rapid City! Thank you for the great feedback on the hotel’s service levels and Dave!! Your positive comments are so greatly appreciated and uplifting to the team. Dave, especially felt proud.

The hotel re-branded on February 1 to the first Adoba Eco Hotel and although rewarding, a hotel transition is a big job and to hear positive feedback and encouraging comments during this transition time is not only motivating but inspiring to all of us.

We hope to see you again in the future and under better travel circumstances for you.
"Travel with a Purpose and Change the World Today".

Reviewed January 22, 2012

I stayed here for my birthday weekend road trip. It was a great place and I got a super good price by using priceline and their bid a hotel room feature. The staff was awesome. I had gotten food poising from a near by establishment and in the middle of the night threw up alot inside of the bathroom. I cleaned it up but need some towels removed from the room. They immediately sent someone up and asked me oin the phone if I needed medical attention or if there was anything I needed the representative to bring to my room. When the gentleman arrived he was super polite and courteous and asked me if I needed him to come in to clean, or do anything else for me. They did not make me feel awkward or seem angry that I had gotten ill, and they were just super friendly about the whole thing. Nice place, clean. I would definitely go here again. Ps. Sleep # adjustable beds in every room too!

Room Tip: Go on priceline. You can bid hotels with the same star rating- and hope that you get this one or jus...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank SonyaTHEyoloer
Reviewed January 4, 2012

Zane and Megan took great care of me and ensured that I got an exceptional price for my stay. They were both great and because of these two people. I will always look to stay at a Radisson hotel first. I absolutely loved the Enigma restaurant and at there at every meal during my nearly 3 day stay. I was a bit nervous ordering from a menu without prices, but I went for it and every meal was reasonably priced and tasted fabulous and the service in the restaurant was top notched. If I lived her I would come to the hotel just to eat at the Enigma, if nothing else. Every person on staff that I encountered at the hotel was friendly and made my stay very enjoyable. I would stay here again for sure. I had a situation where I had a reservation, but I got lost and did not contact the hotel until the next day--they would have had every right to charge me for that night, but they did not and Zane took care of that and Megan would have had every right to charge me for the entire day on the 4th, but I had left about 6:00 PM and she did not. In the long run I assure you that the Radisson will benefit from the exceptional service that Zane and Megan gave to me when they did not have to. I AM SOLD ON THE RADISSON FOR NOW ON--now I would be a miss to not mention that when I got lost and found myself in North Dakota, I stopped in at the Ramada as I had been driving all night and for about 18 hours and felt I could not drive any more. I stopped into the Ramada to ask for a room right then and there--they made sure I knew that I would pay for the entire day--which at that point was fine with me--I stayed at the Ramada for about 6 hours and paid 200 bucks. Yes they had every right to charge me that as they let me know, but some how I think if Zane and Megan worked at the Ramada, they would have taken better care of me. I loved the room, the bed, the entire hotel. I would recommend the Radisson to all of my friends.

Room Tip: Well it would have been nice to have a microwave.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank DLMM54774
Reviewed December 21, 2011

The hotel was fine, but what stood out was Megan, the woman working the front desk that evening. She was so helpful and considerate that she alone is reason enough to stay here. If you stay at this hotel and Megan's working that night, just let her know what you need. If she can, she'll make it happen. She's a terrific asset to Radisson.

Thanks for everything, Megan.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank jstewart435
Reviewed December 20, 2011

Really welcoming staff, nice clean rooms, large buffet breakfast, slightly crowded if several coach parties in. Not a good spot if you like a nice view to surround by the town although we could see the Dinosaur on the hill.
Handy for the sights and night life of Rapid City, friendly helpful locals as well. Do wlk the streets to meet all the presidents of the USa.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple