Econo Lodge
Country Inn
Quality Inn & Suites(Rapid City)(Great Value!)
$139
QualityInn
Cambria Hotel & Suites Rapid City(Rapid City)(Great Value!)
$161
CambriaHotels
$114
GrandStay Residential Suites Hotel Rapid City(Rapid City)(Great Value!)
$179
$292
$235
  • Restaurant
La Quinta Inn & Suites Rapid City(Rapid City)(Great Value!)
$155
$140
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of $174/night.

Sleep Inn & Suites(Rapid City)(Great Value!)
$125
Travelocity
$159
$143
Hotwire.com
All reviewsbiscuits and gravypool and water slideoutback steakhousefirst floorparking lotrushmore mallblack hillsfree breakfastbeds were comfortablecoffee makerwould stay againroom was largemount rushmoremuffinspillowsmicrowaveinterstate
Reviewed August 22, 2013

We stayed at his property twice in one month. First time we found the curtains let in a lot of light, bed not comfortable, lots of noise from room above and in the hallway. All made for difficult sleeping. Next time we asked for top floor. Noise was better but a/c blew directly at the bed and you could not adjust that. I will say the linens were very nice and room was beautiful. Employees were friendly but not efficient. Check in was agony. A little spendy for an economy hotel.

Room Tip: ask for 3rd floor to eliminate some noise.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Barbara M, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2013

Thank you so much for your review. I am glad that your tried the top floor as it is much quieter with no one walking and stuff above you. We appreciate you taking the time to give us your feedback as this is how we can improve. Thanks again and hope to see you soon.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

During a recent visit to Rapid City for work I booked a stay with econo lodge and had the Jucuzzi King Suite. When I got there it seemed that there was loud work going on in a room across the way and there was duck tape everywhere in the tub and on the walls. I am not sure as to why there was tape everywhere but I addressed the odd manner with the General Manager, Jamie, and she was an absolute wonder in helping me. I was very frustrated at what seemed like me being ignored and she was able to help out in the matter. My work has it to where I am constantly staying in new locations meaning several hotels, traveling all accross the united states, never have I had the opportunity to actually have a frustrating matter resolved and was wanting to go back. I now know that anytime I will be staying in Rapid City I will be only staying at Econo Lodge because of the respect and honor that Jamie held with her company. Wonderful staffing, loved the layout of the place, and won't waste time going anywhere else, as I know confidently I will be well taken care of here. Thank you so much. It is rare and far between to see such honest and respectful people. I appreciate it highly!

K. Darling
Digital Power System

Room Tip: Jucuzzi Suite is great, 101 is a corner suite, has great parking, and closest to restaurant and gas station for needs.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

That is very awesome to hear. Thanks for taking time out of your life to give us such a fantastic review. We look forward to seeing you again soon.Thanks

Reviewed August 3, 2013

We recently stayed at this Econolodge (2adults,3children) and were quite pleased. You never know what you are going to get when you book online and I put a lot of faith in these reviews. The staff is quite friendly and helpful. The room was clean, nice bedding, extra pillows,decent furniture and a large tv, and they have in-room coffee as well as 24hr coffee in the breakfast area. Something I really appreciate. The bathroom was clean and modern. The 3story corkscrew slide in the pool is awesome for kids. Breakfast items included waffles, cereal, hardboiled eggs, toast, etc., the usual fare. The lady working the breakfast area was really attentive and hustling to keep the area and tables clean. I have absolutely nothing negative to say about this hotel and would stay there again.

Room Tip: We were close to the pool and did not hear any noise from it until we went into the hall. Ask for a room away from the pool If you really want quiet.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Thank you so much. We are very proud of our staff here. They take a lot of pride in their work. We appreciate you taking the time to give us this great feed back. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed July 26, 2013

A nice place to stay.

Pros...great pool slide for the kidS and adults, nice rooms, EVERY staff member I interacted with was friendly and helpful (dont know all of their names but Rick at the front desk was very helpful), great location to restaurants and shopping areas, breakfast was great and a person was always there making sure that the area was clean and well stocked, GREAt coffee (can't remember the brand) and it was always available 24hrs a day

Cons...internet was VERY slow and could not connect often (same issues with multiple devices) I would recommend adding additional internet connections, pool was on the small side

I would stay there again..

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
jcarda, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2013

I am very you enjoyed your overall stay. Our Wi-Fi is completely new and is not even two years old and in all the reviews have never had a complaint so I am horribly sorry that you had a bad experience with it. I am definitely looking in to it. I hear numerous complements about my staff and that is the best compliment I think someone can hear. The worst experience is someone who is rude. You will never find that here. I hope you will come and see us again!

Jamie Rose Carda

Reviewed July 26, 2013

I will make this review not so sweet. This hotel has basically stolen over $900 out of my checking account via my debit card in less than one week for 4 rooms that were supposed to be an arrival of a Friday but they "happened" to book for Thursday. So when I called to cancel the reservations at midnight on Thursday, I was told I had to pay for all 4 rooms even though we didn't occupy the rooms. The next morning I called the GM of this place & she told me she would NOT reverse the $530 worth of charges because I caused her to lose revenues on those rooms. That I affected her bottom line and that she had lots of people that she could've rented those rooms too. It was my screw up, according to her & so I had to pay the price for her losing revenue. This hotel has since made 3 more charges to my account totaling $397.00. For what you ask? I don't know. Maybe the GM thought that I didn't suffer enough for her lost revenues. I called to make a complaint to corporate. They said it will take about 72 hours to even get this looked at. Meanwhile, my checking account has been hammered by them to the tune of over $900 in a matter of 5 days. I do NOT recommend this hotel. And do NOT give them a credit/debit card!!! I now have to go hot card my checking account to stop any more charges from going thru. Thanks Econo Lodge. Thanks. Update: I've now had to take things further by making fraud charges thru my bank on some of the charges. I now have had to "hot card" my debit card & my husbands. We have had to order all new debit cards. All because this establishment doesn't know when to stop putting "holds" on our cards. This experience has been a NIGHTMARE.

Room Tip: Don't book at this place.
1  Thank Michelle M

I feel more than terrible that you are angered by our establishment. I remember talking with you and hanging up and you seemed extremely understanding. We do have a policy that state you have to cancel within 24 hours of the reservation. Since you tried to cancel the night of the reservation at 1:30 in the morning there was nothing I could do. I am severely sorry that you are a customer that I could not please and that you feel I have I am insincere. I truly am not. The authorizations that you are speaking of will fall off. If you have any other concerns please feel free to call the hotel and contact me as you did before. I will never turn down a customer's concerns.

Jamie Rose Carda