“GM was AMAZING HELP!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #36 of 53 Hotels in Rapid City
Denver, Colorado
“GM was AMAZING HELP!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

During a recent visit to Rapid City for work I booked a stay with econo lodge and had the Jucuzzi King Suite. When I got there it seemed that there was loud work going on in a room across the way and there was duck tape everywhere in the tub and on the walls. I am not sure as to why there was tape everywhere but I addressed the odd manner with the General Manager, Jamie, and she was an absolute wonder in helping me. I was very frustrated at what seemed like me being ignored and she was able to help out in the matter. My work has it to where I am constantly staying in new locations meaning several hotels, traveling all accross the united states, never have I had the opportunity to actually have a frustrating matter resolved and was wanting to go back. I now know that anytime I will be staying in Rapid City I will be only staying at Econo Lodge because of the respect and honor that Jamie held with her company. Wonderful staffing, loved the layout of the place, and won't waste time going anywhere else, as I know confidently I will be well taken care of here. Thank you so much. It is rare and far between to see such honest and respectful people. I appreciate it highly!

K. Darling
Digital Power System

Room Tip: Jucuzzi Suite is great, 101 is a corner suite, has great parking, and closest to restaurant and gas...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Barbara M, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
That is very awesome to hear. Thanks for taking time out of your life to give us such a fantastic review. We look forward to seeing you again soon.Thanks

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Sedalia, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

We recently stayed at this Econolodge (2adults,3children) and were quite pleased. You never know what you are going to get when you book online and I put a lot of faith in these reviews. The staff is quite friendly and helpful. The room was clean, nice bedding, extra pillows,decent furniture and a large tv, and they have in-room coffee as well as 24hr coffee in the breakfast area. Something I really appreciate. The bathroom was clean and modern. The 3story corkscrew slide in the pool is awesome for kids. Breakfast items included waffles, cereal, hardboiled eggs, toast, etc., the usual fare. The lady working the breakfast area was really attentive and hustling to keep the area and tables clean. I have absolutely nothing negative to say about this hotel and would stay there again.

Room Tip: We were close to the pool and did not hear any noise from it until we went into the hall. Ask for a...
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you so much. We are very proud of our staff here. They take a lot of pride in their work. We appreciate you taking the time to give us this great feed back. We look forward to seeing you again.
Waldo, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

A nice place to stay.

Pros...great pool slide for the kidS and adults, nice rooms, EVERY staff member I interacted with was friendly and helpful (dont know all of their names but Rick at the front desk was very helpful), great location to restaurants and shopping areas, breakfast was great and a person was always there making sure that the area was clean and well stocked, GREAt coffee (can't remember the brand) and it was always available 24hrs a day

Cons...internet was VERY slow and could not connect often (same issues with multiple devices) I would recommend adding additional internet connections, pool was on the small side

I would stay there again..

• 5 of 5 stars
jcarda, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
I am very you enjoyed your overall stay. Our Wi-Fi is completely new and is not even two years old and in all the reviews have never had a complaint so I am horribly sorry that you had a bad experience with it. I am definitely looking in to it. I hear numerous complements about my staff and that is the best compliment I think someone can hear. The worst experience is someone who is rude. You will never find that here. I hope you will come and see us again!

Rapid City, South Dakota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

I will make this review not so sweet. This hotel has basically stolen over $900 out of my checking account via my debit card in less than one week for 4 rooms that were supposed to be an arrival of a Friday but they "happened" to book for Thursday. So when I called to cancel the reservations at midnight on Thursday, I was told I had to pay for all 4 rooms even though we didn't occupy the rooms. The next morning I called the GM of this place & she told me she would NOT reverse the $530 worth of charges because I caused her to lose revenues on those rooms. That I affected her bottom line and that she had lots of people that she could've rented those rooms too. It was my screw up, according to her & so I had to pay the price for her losing revenue. This hotel has since made 3 more charges to my account totaling $397.00. For what you ask? I don't know. Maybe the GM thought that I didn't suffer enough for her lost revenues. I called to make a complaint to corporate. They said it will take about 72 hours to even get this looked at. Meanwhile, my checking account has been hammered by them to the tune of over $900 in a matter of 5 days. I do NOT recommend this hotel. And do NOT give them a credit/debit card!!! I now have to go hot card my checking account to stop any more charges from going thru. Thanks Econo Lodge. Thanks. Update: I've now had to take things further by making fraud charges thru my bank on some of the charges. I now have had to "hot card" my debit card & my husbands. We have had to order all new debit cards. All because this establishment doesn't know when to stop putting "holds" on our cards. This experience has been a NIGHTMARE.

Room Tip: Don't book at this place.
1 Thank Michelle M
I feel more than terrible that you are angered by our establishment. I remember talking with you and hanging up and you seemed extremely understanding. We do have a policy that state you have to cancel within 24 hours of the reservation. Since you tried to cancel the night of the reservation at 1:30 in the morning there was nothing I could do. I am severely sorry that you are a customer that I could not please and that you feel I have I am insincere. I truly am not. The authorizations that you are speaking of will fall off. If you have any other concerns please feel free to call the hotel and contact me as you did before. I will never turn down a customer's concerns.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013 via mobile

I am very very disappointed in this location. We were booked to stay for 3 nights and on the second day we received a call there was a family emergency, at 1 10 pm I went to the front desk to see if we could check out as house keeping had not even been to our room yet. The manager Jamie was not available she had stepped out. The front desk clerk was doing his best and had mentioned that they were fully booked and were turning people away, as I waited for the manger to call the desk back I watched 2 separate people get turned away.
When she finally called back at 2 30 pm the clerk to,d her the situation and we were told NO we would still have to pay for the night. We decided that we need to leave anyways as we had to get home, and again another couple came to check in.
I understand policy but this was a very time sensitive situation, the room had not even been cleaned by house keeping yet, and customers were being turned away while we waited for the manager to call her staff back.
I would also like to point out that I was not even able to get a receipt as the staff she had left alone were not able to check us out or give me a receipt.
I would like a response and I know that this room was rented out for the night and they were able to double their money on this room due to our lack of misfortune.

Stayed July 2013
Speaking to you two days later, this was easily resolved. Dealing with the biggest bike rally in the world sometimes limits us from our guests and that is terrible and not and excuse; however, after talking to this individual on the phone ended up being one of the most enlightening experiences ever! They were so mild mannered and they had given me the benefit of the doubt. They at one time had been in my shoes but in a different business, realizing how miscommunication can happen at times. I thank this person for their wonderful insight and their amazing communication skills! This was not a bad review but a wonderful guest that I hope to see again! Thank you for your amazing understanding and thoughtful words when your life was so stressful. I envy you...

Davis Junction
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

We stayed for 3 days. Room had been recently updated. Bed was very comfortable. Nice pool, hot tub, and waterslide. Breakfast was very good. Other restaurants in walking distance. Hotel staff was were very polite and helpful. All though you cannot smoke in the rooms, the door leading to the outside from the room made doing so less a inconvenient. We would stay there again.

• 5 of 5 stars
Wow! I think you hit everything on the head and I could of not said it any better. I appreciate you taking the time to talk to us on tripadvisor.com and the millions of other possible customers that survey us. That is an extremely thoughtful and devoted gesture and we appreciate you! I can't wait till you stay again... and next time you better stop by and introduce yourself!

Kansas City, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

If you looking to visit the black hills and plan on staying for a few days to see the sights, save the gas and stay in Hill City or Keystone. Otherwise, this hotel was great for us. The rooms have been remodeled and are clean. Fun slide and pool for the kids, staff was friendly and they even had biscuits and gravy. We always had fresh towels. No bed bugs either. My husband thought I was cuckoo for checking mattresses and headboards but I've heard horror stories. Not about econo lodge but hotels in general. Would stay here again if I was passing through!

• Stayed July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars
You made me giggle. Since I have been in hotels, whenever I travel I am the worst critic. I never complain to the front desk so much unless it is serious... but when you talked about checking mattresses that was very funny since I am the same way! I expect the hotel I run to be the hotel I stay in so I completely understand! Sometimes it is NOT so easy to do, but my staff is amazing and I go home each and every night reflecting on the managers and the staff that they lead... and then I reflect on what I did right and wrong and what to do better tomorrow. Thank you for making me smile tonight. I know we did something right for you!