“Great Place To Stay!”

Ranked #13 of 51 Hotels in Rapid City
Spearfish, South Dakota
“Great Place To Stay!”
Reviewed July 19, 2012

Even though I live very close in Spearfish, South Dakota.. I stayed at this hotel last weekend after having a horrible flight experience in Minneapolis. Ended up calling off my trip and coming back home, and ride was not able to come back and get me until the next day so, I checked in here for some much needed rest.

Airport shuttle took me here in a breeze! Shuttle is not free though, cost is almost $9, but they will add it onto your hotel bill.

Hotel front desk staff was very nice. They could clearly see how exhausted I was and let me check in early at about noon! Hotel is close to many places to eat and also close to Wal Mart.

Room was very lovely. Clean and nicely decorated. Air conditioner was super cold! It was like heaven! Room had a safe in it, which I didn't use (tell them the next day and they'll take that charge off of your bill).

Pool and hot tub was very fun and relaxing!

Breakfast was delicious and well staffed. Such a huge variety of foods to eat. Surely something for everyone. Only complaint is they need more tables and eating areas! Place was packed!

Overall and nice place in a great location. Lacross Street is super busy, but I didn't hear a sound!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Fenton, Missouri
Reviewed July 18, 2012

Our family stayed for two nights in the fine establishment. Breakfast was plentiful and well staffed. The highlight came when exploring the Black Hills, I could not find my new iphone. On the chance I had left it in the room, I called the front desk and Luke took it upon himself to check. Lo, and behold he found it, and made my day. Thank you for this service beyond the call of duty.
Mark B.

Rochester, Minnesota
Reviewed July 13, 2012

Thought the hotel was great place to stay. The rooms and hallways were clean and nice. Breakfast was good and well kept/maintained. Pool was nice temp (kind of small, but that is my opinion). Definitely would stay here again!

Room Tip: A nice feature are that some rooms on the ground floor have their own outside door that you can park...
naples
Reviewed July 11, 2012

a fairly new comfort inn. Staff friendly and the typical continental breakfast. no complaints on this one

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed July 9, 2012

On our way through South Dakota we stayed here. Room was great. We got in early so we could relax in the pool and hot tub. Our only issue, was the hot tub was so hot we could not even sit in it. We made due with the pool instead. Otherwise, it was a good place.

• Stayed July 2012
Ankeny, Iowa
Reviewed July 9, 2012

This was the perfect size for my family of 5. We stayed in one of the Family Suites, and it was perfect. It was big enough to give us all alittle bit of breathing room when we needed it. The staff was friendly and made you feel welcome. The rooms were clean, the pool was well kept, the hot tub was too hot even for me that was it's only down fall. They kept fresh coffee available all the time. The breakfast was fantastic they had a little bit for everyone. If you went away hungry it was by no fault but your own. Shopping, dining, and minigolf all within walking distance it was perfect. We spent 4 of our 6 nights here and wish we would have spent all of them here.

Salisbury, MD
Reviewed July 5, 2012

We really liked this hotel. Room was large and clean. Beds were comfortable. Pool and hot tub were great. Staff was wonderful. Hot breakfast was awesome. Only thing was that it was a bit higher than our usual hotel budget. But it was 4th of July and we are close to mt. Rushmore so...